1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Kid discussion part 4

Oct 3, 2016

1. I just use thin, round elastics from the fabric store. I don't know the diameter, but I think I bought them to use in case I wanted to restring some small dolls.

Dollmore's MSD sneakers are so big I can use them with my Iplehouse FID guys. I don't think I've ever bought any--they came as free gifts with doll purchases.

2. Thanks for the tip, might check my local fabric store for them. What size of shoes do you recommend I look for when searching for shoes for Dollmore kids? I'm still new with the terms and only searched for MSD and 1/4. His feet are 6cm. :whee:

3. @Salem_85 Shoes from Luts should fit as Dollmore and Luts Kid feet are very similar in size. I have bought some shoes before from Luts that fit well the Dollmore Kids.

My Vian girl currently wears pink Mary Janes from Luts and they fit very nicely :) You could probably also order Luts Kid Delf clothes for your Dollmore Kid as well.

[​IMG]e1_zps0vf7n5qv by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

#143 manabusama, Jul 8, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    4. @Salem_85 - MSD and 1/4 are the general terms to use when searching. But, as @manabusama suggests, try looking at sites that sell this size doll, like Luts, and see what they offer. Time spent browsing other companies' websites is always time well spent. Shoe lengths will differ depending on the style. For a dress shoe you'll want about 6.5, but for boots you'll want a longer length, like 7. Boots are harder to put on and take off so you need the extra length. It's not an exact science. I've bought shoes and boots from the same company that makes the doll only to find that I couldn't get them on. That goes for clothing, too. The last time I ordered clothing from Luts for my Model Delf, for example, one item fit, one was too tight and one was too big. Many companies contract with individual makers for their clothing and shoes and sometimes the sizing is off.

@manabusama - Your Vian is so cute! I love her Luts shoes.

Shipping Notice!:celebrate:cheer:dance

Ballet Kid Black Swan Lake Geoul has shipped. I ordered on April 17 and she shipped July 7. That's not too bad, all things considered. It will be interesting to see how long EMS takes to deliver. It used to take about 3 or 4 days. I expect it will take quite a bit longer now.

5. @manabusama
      Thank you very much for the tip! I'm merely searching for sneaker-like shoes for my Dollmore Kid boy. So I might try LUTS as well! Aw, your doll looks so cute! I really dig the pastel color palette. Also, those shoes, they fit perfectly and they look so adorable.

@vermont chick
      First of al YAY for your shipping notice!! So happy to see that your wait is almost over!
      Oh boy, that's like 3+ months! How do you guys survive those long waiting times!:aeyepop:
      I ordered my boy yesterday. :)
      Does Dollmore actually send you pictures of the process, or is it a surprise for when you finally get to open the package, I was wondering that.
      Thank you for all the information! So a lot of digging and a little bit of luck I guess. For now, I will order him sneakers but in a bigger size than 6cm (the same size as his feet:doh) and just hope for the best. I guess I'm kinda spoiled, I come from Blythes and they fit about everything that is made for them since they all have the exact same measurements.

6. @Salem_85 - Thanks! It really wasn't a long wait. There is one doll company, which shall remain nameless, that has been known to surpass one year to make a doll. I may be a relatively patient person, but even I draw the line at that!

Congrats on ordering your boy! Faceup artists send pics of the process but I've never encountered a bjd company that does. You can keep track of your order status on the website. Before Shipping appears as soon as you place the order and pay for it. It stays that way until the doll actually ships. With other companies you see intermediate steps that let you know when your payment has cleared and when the doll is in the making stages. When these finally say Before Shipping you can rejoice because it means the doll is within a week or two of being sent. I've been checking Geoul's status for a couple of weeks now without seeing any change. When I checked my email this morning, there was the notice. I won't know what she looks like until I open the box and unwrap the mummy. (They pack extremely well.)

7. @vermont chick Thanks :) Congrats on your new doll being shipped. She's really beautiful and the eyes Dollmore choose for her look amazing on her. The Ballet Kids are fun to pose once you get used to the body. I have the Arabesque Zinna but I changed to my Renee head as I like it better.

[​IMG]IMG_1329 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

I first got Renee as a boy, then he became a she, and now she's on the ballet body. I've had her for a long time but I haven't been very good at taking pictures of her allthough I love her very much :sweat

@ Salem_85 Luts releases sneakers every now and then, just wish they could release more kinds and more often. Dollmore at the moment have quite a few to choose from. But I wonder if there's possible to find sneakers that fit our Dollmore Kids on Etsy? If I have difficulties finding things I check out Etsy as you never know what you can find there.

Thanks :) I had a bit problem figuring out how to dress her but what I managed to put together works nicely with her hair and skintone.

8. Both of your dolls are adorable, @manabusama ! I didn't realize the ballet body was double jointed! She's so cute in that photo!

9. Thanks @manabusama ! I like your Renee head on the ballet body. I've been thinking of putting my Dollpire Roo's head on Pirouette Zinna's ballet body. Seeing Renee encourages me to try it. Roo is lovely but that Judith body drives me crazy.

10. It is :) I have a couple of old pictures of how the body look and how you can pose it. 7

Thanks :) Zinna is a pretty sculpt but for some reason I got fast bored of it. I just liked Renee much better. Roo will look great on the ballet body :3nodding: Yeah, the Judith body is one of my least favourites. I have a Catish Reaa so I know just how frustrating that body can be. I haven't tried re-stringing and sueding it, but I'm not sure how much that will help. She was difficult to deal with pretty much right out of the box.

11. @manabusama - I know exactly what you mean about Zinna's head and the Judith body. I'm convinced the issues with that body come from having too many joints. It behaves like a disjointed marionette.

I finally switched heads between Dollpire Roo and Ballet Kid Pirouette Zinna. I'll have to blush her hands because the Pirouette body has faded even though it's only one year older. I really like the new combination.
      [​IMG]

***Ballet Kid Black Swan Lake Geoul has arrived in New York. I'm hoping there won't be too big a backlog at Customs. It would be really nice if she were to arrive this week.

12. @vermont chick Your Roo look great on that body, had a feeling she would fit it very nicely. She have a face that look really good on a ballet body :3nodding: Hope you get your Geoul soon too.

I have the "Arabesque Zinna" but I have not used the outfit much and I need new ballet shoes. I keep coming back to Dollmore's site looking at the Ballet Kids every now and then, they are all so amazing and it's tempting to get one or 2 more. But I have this kind of rule that, because the room I keep my dolls (which is also my bedroom) is not the biggest, I'll have to be very careful with the dolls I add to my collection. I can't order anything if there is any doubts, I need to know 100% that I really want the doll.

The "The Garnier Cora" I really like her golden ballet dress but I wish her ballet shoes also were golden. She is as tempting to get as it can get I guess, That dress is just stunning :chibi She I'd love to get, but I don't know what to do about the ballet shoes. No matter how amazing she looks. if I can't love all of her then I feel I probably should not get her.

13. Thanks, @manabusama . I think Roo and Geoul will look good together. I should put Roo back into the Pirouette outfit. When I saw how the body was fading my only thought was to cover her up as much as possible. I have limited display space in my doll room (my bedroom), too, and she ended up getting too much sun.

I also love The Garnier Cora's ballet dress, but don't understand why they picked bright blue shoes to go with it. They're distracting. Since they don't have gold, I would go with basic black or ivory. Pirouette's green dress came with red shoes--an odd choice that reminds me of Christmas. I really love The Garnier Zinna's pink and ivory dress. They even gave it ivory shoes, although pale pink would work well, too. Apparently the "jewels" they put on The Garnier girls' eyelashes fall off easily. Makes me wonder why they put them on at all.

I wish DM would make more ballet outfits available for those of us who have the dolls. I want to make some practice clothes--tights and tops--for my girls, so they aren't always wearing their performance outfits.

14. @vermont chick Will you take pictures of them together? I always find owner pictures to tell more than the company pictures for some reason. Don't know how to explain it but owner pictures are usually the ones that help me decide on a BJD sculpt. The BJD companies make beautiful pictures but there's something about an owned doll, it comes more to life I guess you could say. It's much more interesting to see how owners choose to style their dolls :)

The blue shoes are just an annoyance to me because it does not match with the dress. Garnier Cora is still tempting to get, a part of me is thinking maybe I oneday could find some shoes that does match. Or maybe I could commission someone to make her a matching pair of shoes. That golden dress though get me in Christmas spirit, makes me think of a big golden shiny star. But I've just done a Luts SDF65 event Bliss order so I can't do any new orders yet. If Garnier Cora is still available later I might get her.

More outfits and shoe colors would be nice. They could have added some more colors included silver and gold shoes for example. And some outfits would be nice too. How cool it would have been if they started releasing limited ballet outfit sets as well. I'd definitely buy as many of them as I could :3nodding:

15. @manabusama - Ballet Kid Geoul arrived yesterday. What with one thing and another I haven't unboxed her yet, but I'll be happy to take pics of Geoul with Roo when I get Geoul dressed and Roo changed into the Pirouette outfit. I'm almost afraid to open the box because I know I'll have to style her wig myself. I am not good at styling hair.

I would buy limited ballet outfit sets, too. I expect many people would. I wish I could buy another ballerina, but two weeks ago I ordered one of the Zaoll Luvs based on Anne of Green Gables--and I have to pay property taxes next month. It would be so nice to have unlimited doll funds. Unfortunately real life takes precedence.

16. Looking forward to it :) Not much of a hair styler myself :sweat Haha you had me looking at the Zaoll dolls that are based on Anne. They are gorgeous!

I have thought of getting a Zaoll oneday for a long time. It's something I've been on and off thinking about. One of many BJD plans that so far I have not gotten any further with. But if I get one it's going to be a real tough choice. I also really like the Grace dolls but I really have to put myself on a leash (is that a saying) when it comes to doll purchases. I'm happy just looking but I also often get tempted :frownyblush:

Dollmore Kids have a special place in my heart though. I currently have 5 of them, and 1 stored away.

#156 manabusama, Jul 22, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    17. I find that temptation most often leads to purchase, so I have to be extra careful. So far this year's purchases have gotten away from me. I think it's because it's taking so much longer for dolls to ship. I keep thinking that since nothing has arrived in a long time I should probably order another. :lol: I should put myself on a leash, too. If that isn't a saying it should be.

The Grace dolls remind me of smaller Zaolls. (Same sculptor, I think.) I would be more interested if they didn't all look so sad.

I took some photos of Geoul today. Styling the wig wasn't too bad. It's curly, so I was able to gather the hair into an elastic band in back. It doesn't look too bad, but close-ups do show stray black hairs across her face. I photographed her with Roo, also, but I'll save that for another post. Forgot to mention, she has glitter on her eyelids. We'll see how long it lasts before it falls off.
      [​IMG]
      The free black stand that comes with the Ballet Kids is just about useless. The base part is crimped so tight that it's impossible to put the other piece into it. My first one was like that, too. I have a stand with a flexible arm which I use instead. Of course, I have only one so when the two girls are together someone has to sit, either on the floor on on a chair.

18. I feel that for me temptations usually, luckily are fleeting. Like I can find a doll beautiful and even very tempting to get, but that feeling passes within a couple of days. But then you have dolls where this feeling of wanting it does not go away. With me you never know so I always make sure to take my time and wait if I can. A doll that I might find tempting to get one day, I might feel later I don't need after all. But thank goodness that fleeting temptations happen me way more than dolls that I do know I want. Ballet Cora with her golden dress is still tempting, but those shoes though...

A Zaoll though I've long known I wanted, but I haven't gotten around to get one yet. But I just went to Etsy and ordered some really cute summer fun clotes for small SD females. I really liked it so I bought it. And it might help me figure out later oneday which Zaoll BJD to go for.

Your Geoul is so cute :chibi Hair in the face is so annoying! You style the doll's hair, and when you're happy with it you take a picture. Then you notice there's hair in the picture in places you don't want. That's happened to me so many times :lol:

I had no problems with my stand, but it's a while back since I got my Ballet Kid.

[​IMG]Ballet Kid Zinna and Mana-sama MNM. by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

Here she is when I had the Zinna head on the body, posing with my Mana-sama MNM doing a funny dance pose. Sorry about the horrible picture quality. I've been prioritizing dolls over getting a new camera for so long :sweat

19. I have fleeting temptations, too. Often I am able to resist those. More often, though, a fleeting temptation comes home before I realize that I didn't want it after all. The ones that really make me mad are the dolls offered for 2 weeks only, when I only find out about them after the first week has passed. That forces me to make a snap decision to buy and that's when I make mistakes.

After I ordered my Zaoll Season of Hope Luv, I found her on my list of dolls I own and dolls I want to buy, which I last printed out sometime last year. It's safe to say I've wanted her for a long time, which means I won't regret her.

That's a cute photo of your ballet Zinna with Mana-sama MNM. I see your stand has a cream colored base. Maybe it's only the black stands that have problems.

I was delighted to receive Cora's wig from the At the Garnier series as a free gift. I put it on Roo, along with Pirouette Zinna's dress. Here's a photo:
      [​IMG]

20. Oh! There are too many temptations! My latest addiction is LSD, aka LoongSoul Dolls. But kid ballerinas, the Zaoll line, Grace dolls, dolls by Mia (Sona, Heizle or Hazel) also call to me regularly!

Tags: