1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Large Dolls Discussion Thread (all sizes) - Part 2

May 2, 2014

1. Great photos, everyone! It's been a while since I was here. Looks like everyone was busy taking pics. :)

VampireAngel13, congrats on your 7th Kara Klum! Another Alex, I presume? ;) I just ordered another doll from Dollmore too, although mine's a small one this time (Dear Doll Shabee girl). Being able to pick up your doll in person sounds really exciting! I hope that works out for you!

So...since the last time I was in here, I've acquired a second Model doll, Model M Kyle Reese! I suddenly find myself in posession of both my grail dolls. My Kyle is a world traveller, and I am his fourth owner. He needs some work, but we're slowly getting there.

Here is a photo of him. His name is Noé and he is Élise's twin brother.
      [​IMG]
      Nectarine par SapphireStargazer, sur Flickr

2. Yay! you're back on DoA! Even though I've said it before, Noé is a handsome devil! ;)

3. Kyle Reese was my first Dollmore doll. Still have him, too. He's wonderful, isn't he? Mine is pretty floppy by now. I have to see about restringing him. Of course, it'll have to wait until I get more string.

And I still reeeally want to order a Trinity Elysia and pick her up at the convention. I'd get 10% off, too. Then again, I've been eyeballing Lusion Lillia lately, too. The fox set is just so pretty!

Gah, somebody stop me! *_*

4. Can't. Buy one!!!
      Then let me know when you pick her up, I want to see XD

Didn't Dollmore put up somewhere that they would possibly be displaying everyone's dolls or some peoples dolls if you order for Dollism? I'm hoping because I'll be getting mine blank and nude he won't get displayed, I'd like to use his blank head for the face up workshop so I don't have to bring another one...I've got a blank Ryu and one that needs a new face up but I'm not sure I want to wait that long to do them and I don't want to buy anymore heads :\\

I'll have to bring him an Alex-wig and some clothes....omg I haven't even ordered yet, why am I thinking this far ahead?!

I need to get practicing on mods and wig-making too...for some reason I am less looking forward to making the wig than I am sawing the head in half....

I've wanted a Dear Doll since they came out with the line, but I don't really collect Human tinies (just Baby Alex) so I've never gotten one. I love the look of the body though. I'd like to know your opinion of her when she comes in!

Congrats on your other grail! He's gorgeous, just perfect!
      You guys and your Model boys!! Sometimes I regret not getting one to be Israfel. My entire decision was based off me wanting to have more of a variety in my collection (half of which is Dollmore or Fairyland), and Dollshe was doing their sale of doom at that time. I like my Hound, but I often wonder if I would have liked a Dollmore boy more. Hound probably looks better with my PW girl though. Probably.

lol All Kara Klums are Alex!! ALL OF THEM! Unless they're Azrael. And for some reason I still sometimes call them Alex. I like to be confusing (even to me).

5. Quick question, what service can be used to track Dollmore's airmail shipping? They have a link on the website but it doesn't work. :<

6. I have no idea, I've only ever done EMS. Maybe google airmail tracking from Korea? Try USPS?

7. Ah I see. :V I tried all of those before and didn't get any luck. 8T It just shipped two days ago, maybe it hasn't been updated yet. If not, I'll contact Dollmore. ^~^

8. Welllll it's airmail, so it could just be slow. I don't think I've ever gotten anything from airmail out of Korea at all, just China (which takes forever - weeks and weeks), but it might take days just to start working. But again, I have no idea....someone else who has done it might know better. Maybe in the buying\shipping advice thread? That's helped me when I've been having shipping issues.

9. In sense I can join in here XD I'm stuck on a long layaway for a Lusion lol. I really am excited for her :D a Lusion been on my wish list ever since I discovered her. I know I shouldnt ask this but Dollmore should make boy versions of Lusion and Trinity. That would be more then amazing and they should know that a lot of people would dive after them XD I need to find a doll thats taller then the Lusion thats a boy. Only thing I been suggested was modding a Trinity to be a boy but I would hate to do that to such a lovely doll.

10. Yeahhhh...I'm not really 'back'. I lurk on my subscribed threads, but I think the only one I've posted in during the last 6 or 7 weeks has been the IMPL large thread. Since I just noticed someone had posted in this one and it was looking kind of active again, I figured it was about time I posted a pic of Noé, since I've had him for a month now. Thanks very much for the compliment for him, too! It's appreciated as always! :)

Thanks! Yes, Kyle Reese is awesome. :love Noé is by far my most frustrating doll at the moment, because he needs everything. I had to restring him the day I got him because he arrived from his previous owner as a box of parts. The only elastic I had that was close to the correct size (5mm) was some stuff I'd gotten from IMPLdoll, which was of questionable quality to begin with. It's not really working out all that well for him, and I've decided that he's going to get 6mm elastic in his torso & legs. I need to suede him, and I have to try to figure out why his "double jointed" arms only seem to have two postions (fully extended and fully bent). He's waiting for his proper eyes and some clothes that actually fit. Poor guy... But he's so beautiful that I can't help but love him despite his 'special needs' :aheartbea

Trinity and Lusion are so lovely! I love admiring other people's big girls, although I don't think I could handle owning one myself. My Models are big enough for me lol. :XD:

I'll be glad to share my thoughts on Dear Doll when my little one arrives. There's a Dear Doll thread so I can post all about her there. I'm really excited for her to arrive, which I hope will be some time in early August. Seriously, this must be my year for Dollmore dolls or something. Including Shabee, during 2014 I'll have acquired 3 of the Dollmore dolls on my wish list. If I get Narsha for Christmas, that'll be all the long-standing wish list babies home in 2014. :)

lol I love that all Kara Klums are Alex. I honestly don't know who's collection is more awesome... All your Kara Klums / Alexes or the person who has the 10 IH Soo Ri. :XD:

Fush, there is someone who has already done a Lusion (or Trinity...sorry I forget) boy. I believe it's RedYume who's done that. I don't know how extensive the mods are, or even if she's done any modding. I did watch her box opening, and the doll actually already looks like a boy when it doesn't have a faceup on it.

More Noé spam, because I can. ;)
      [​IMG]
      Daydream par SapphireStargazer, sur Flickr

11. Definitely the Soo Ri's. I'm pretty sure hers don't have the same name XD

I love Narshas! They're so cute, I can't enough of them! Plus I actually love the odd size, I find lots of stuff mine can wear at Doll and Bear shows. Luckily he likes fluff. All those vintagey doll clothes are pretty frilly...

Lol it is a good thing he's pretty (he looks so cozy in that pic!)!! That arm thing that Noé does is indicative of all the bigger DMs. Or at least the Adam/Eves and Models. I think it's because the elastic is strung through the hands; when I put jointed hands on, which had an S-hook, that "Hound pose" stopped. And they stopped hitting themselves in the face, which I am not a fan of. I put Alex I(one)'s old DM hands back on him and he immediately smacked himself. :\\
      I guess that extra tension is just too much. I do think DM has a learning curve...mine was so hard to figure out when I got him, and I was not the only one - doll veterans in the area still can't deal with Alex. Luckily he was my first so I had no choice but to learn him, I know a lot of people who sold theirs because they just couldn't get them to pose. I'm amazed I don't have more....I hate seeing them on the MP.

A month or so ago my Liebe Klum finally got a body again, so I (finally) got a decentish shot of him. Not that you can see the body...but it's there. He can stand and everything! And he looks a little more boyish than he did with the Zaoll body...it's way too curvy.

[​IMG]

D'aw, Tweeny <3 I missed him! He's been a head since October! What is going on with that hair?! D:

I'm ordering tonight!! Then I'll have my longest Dollmore wait ever. Ugh.

12. lol yes...I think all the Soo Ri's are different characters (or at least have different names).

It's good to know that Noé's arm issues aren't abnormal. His elastic isn't really strung through his hands. The hands have these built-in hook things that the elastic hooks onto. I can see the difference an s-hook would make though, because an s-hook would allow movement on both ends of it, where the built-in hook doesn't. What kind of jointed hands did you get? Noé is NS and he's 5 years old, so nothing's going to really match his current resin anyway, but I'd like to try jointed hands on one of my dolls, and I might like for it to be him, especially if it'll improve his arm problems.

As for the posing, Noé and I are getting better acquainted. Oddly enough, I'm not having nearly the same problems with Élise (Model F Ipsae). Once I restrung her, she was much better. I've more or less figured out where her centre of gravity is, and now I can get her to pose quite nicely. I want to be able to pose her and Noé together, but that's really impossible at the moment as he can still barely stand on his own. I really need to work on him once his new elastic gets here.

Thanks for the compliment on his photo, too! lol he seems to be quite the exhibitionist and will pose in all kinds of lying-down positions that don't require stable legs. ;)

Yay for new bodies! That is a gorgeous photo, even though we can't see much of the new body in it.

Also, (early) congrats on placing your order! I hope all goes according to the plan. :)

13. Actually, since he's so old, he might match Dikadoll Yellow if it's brand new, decently enough. Those are the hands I got for Alex, and up until recently they matched him pretty well. In one of the older jointed hand matching threads someone tried the hands on their Kara Klum, bought around the time I got mine, which is how I knew they'd work. The problem is, Dollmore did change their resin sometime in 2009. It wasn't drastic, but it might make a difference. Also, in my experience, Dollmore will yellow to a point and stop, DK does not...it just keeps on yellowing! So at this point Alex's hands are much yellower than he is...which is why he is no longer wearing them.

Well, that's not the whole reason...I missed his hands. And Alex III and several of my other dolls have jointed hands and I am a little tired of dealing with them so I had to ditch a pair.

Anyway, he might be ok with the DK NSY. Or you could go with the girl NSP and put them on Élise, they'd be closish to her. Possibly. It's been a while since I've had actual new Dollmore in the house. It does match Dollzone well and Dollzone NSP matches Dollmore when it's new. At least it did...before Dollzone changed their resin colors....I'm way off track now. Resin matching is one of my favorite subjects XD (and now that I say all of that I'm not sure DK makes hands for bigger girls....the smaller SD boy hands might work).

Anyway, my best friend had a Model guy at one point, and I swear they're almost identical to the Adams, just larger. So once you get him restrung, sueded in the hips and chest, I swear he'll be fine. The girls...are different. My Eve is a hot mess lol. But when I need her to pose she does it. They're similar to the guys but not identical. Like you mentioned I think it's all where the weight falls. And it's possible one leg may be a hair shorter than the other because I swear that's how it is with every DM I own regardless of size....

I'll stop now. My friend just asked me if I'm writing a book XD ^^'

14. Thanks for the info on the jointed hands. I just checked Dikadoll's site, and it turns out that they've got a handy (pardon the pun) measurement chart for all their jointed hands, so I can measure Noé and Élise's hands to see which DK hands would be the closest fit. Do the DK hands come with their own s-hooks to install them with, or do you have to get your own?

Noé was made in March 2009, so I don't know if that was before or after DM did their resin colour change. He really doesn't seem to have yellowed all that much. I mean, I can tell he's a different colour than Élise, but he still looks nice to me. He's sort of a pale creamy colour which is really quite pretty. I find it rather ironic that I currently have a doll that was made in 2009 because that's the year I started in the hobby. My first doll wasn't new, so even though I started this in 2009, I've never had a doll made in 2009 until just now. :)

I lol'd at the comment about all DMs having one leg shorter than the other. I thought that's what was going on with my Resinsoul dolls too, but as it turns out, it's actually a problem with the way the hip ball fits into the hip socket. If they're not lined up perfectly, it can give the effect of one leg being longer. It became so frustrating in the early days with some of my RS dolls that I actually felt compelled to measure them. It was only after I'd taken them apart to measure them and then put them back together, I realized it was all in the placement and not in the size. So...when I realized Élise and Noé both have this problem too, I kind of just shrugged. That was the only DM Model posing issue that didn't have me stumped LOL.

NSFW Noé:
      "I'll be in the bath. Let me know if Playgirl returns my call."
      :XD:

[​IMG]
      18. Water - ADAD June 2014 par SapphireStargazer, sur Flickr

I'm doing the A Doll A Day challenge for June and that was yesterday's contribution. I had loads of fun with this photo shoot even though it was raining buckets and I knew I'd have to take Noé apart to dry afterwards. He's none the worse for wear, and his new elastic will soon be here anyway. I figured we'd enjoy ourselves before I suede him and can't do that sort of thing any more. :lol:

15. -- double post --
      :doh

16. Lol I kept trying to quote while you were editing and I did not get this as my quote XDD

Omg I love that pic!! Alex is mildly jealous he has no tub to sit naked in. It would kind of be hazardous to his health with the whole bursting in to flame in the sun thing...vampires. What can you do.

Yeah having Alex since 2008 I honestly don't consider what DM does as yellowing at all, but that's a term everyone understands so I use it. A local compared her "yellowed" doll, newer than he is, to Alex once, and we determined he was no where near yellow XD
      My WS one from 09 is still my whitest doll <3 I love their resin. Mostly it de-pinks, and then stays that way, unchanging. And since Alex was my first doll he did sit out in the sun multiple times before I knew that was a bad thing XD *fail*

Ha I'd wondered if it was the hip that had the issue but I've never bothered to measure or even look closely! I do find it hilarious that it seriously seems like all of them have the same leg on the same side be the "shorter" one!

March might have been before the color change. My Pado is from Feb 09, and he's the exact color and resin Alex is. They're the only two DMs I own (other than two heads made in 08) that are that color, the rest are the "new" resin. The new resin is....lighter. And pinker, and stays pinker longer. Not by a lot, for either, but enough that I noticed right away on my first with the "new". I have hybrided old and new and it's not different enough that I think it matters, but some people might have issues.

DK hands come with hooks, and fully strung! And once when I ordered I got them in a box, suspended by tape in another box, rather than having packing. It was the coolest and weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Here is a really really really old pic of Alex when I got my first pair. You can tell they're new by how they don't have black nails. Which is the first thing I did to them.

[​IMG]

He was so young! And not pissed-off-looking! How is it that I make him so much angrier when I do his face?!

I just finished ordering my 7th Kara Klum X3333 Why do I need seven?! I can't even. It was so weird to order the exact same doll as my first...

17. Thanks! Glad you like it! haha... Noé might be a naturist. He seems to enjoy his own nudity quite a lot. ;)

I think 'de-pink' is a good description of what the DM resin does. Inside Noé's headcap is a bit more pinkish than the rest of his body, but I wouldn't call his colour anywhere near 'yellow'. I have dolls newer than him who have yellowed more, and far less attractively. It's amazing that your 2009 WS is still your whitest. That's really awesome. :D

As for resin matching or old vs. new colour, I'm not fussed about whether or not the DK hands are going to be an exact match. As long as the resin match is fairly close and isn't drastically different, that would be sufficient. It's also great to know that the DK hands come with their own hooks and are already strung. I noticed that DK actually makes a hand part that has black nails on it. It's the senior hand part, so probably too big for a Kara Klum, but yeah....I just noticed that. The resin match in that photo looks pretty good! Is that DK NSY and DM NS?

Alex does look more young and innocent in that photo, doesn't he?

Yay...congrats on your order! Are you doing it on a layaway? I did my Shabee on a layaway because I bought a huge amount of stuff for Élise and Noé in the order too. Final payment is next week when I get paid though. :)

18. No layaway for me, I have to have him paid off by July if I want him at Dollism, which is the goal. So I'm using my Dollism money to buy him, that way I won't be tempted to buy a doll there I really don't need (which I would do, because it would be there in front of me). I wanted another Kara Klum anyway...so this works great. I did kind of want to buy more stuff with him, but I am afraid of how much room I won't have on the way home from the convention as it is lol. Someone may have to get mailed.

The DK hands Alex has are the NSY. I do have a pair of DK NSP on my Dollzone\Mirodoll hybrid, and it's very close to those colors...but for older DM, NSY is probably best. They did match him very well when I first got them...he still looks like that...they don't. When I first noticed how yellowed they'd gotten I was kinda depressed and happy, they made Alex look pink again XD

I may be a tiny bit biased (because Dollmore is my favorite company. I know, you couldn't tell, could you?) but they have my favorite resin. And then Volks, just as heavy and yellows as slowly. I love the color, the feel, the weight, everything.

EDIT: I've paid him off! *ded*
      Actually with no shipping and the 10% off I saved about $100! So yay!

19. lol no...I totally could not guess that Dollmore is your favourite company. ;) Hey...it's justified! Dollmore is awesome, which I can now say from personal experience. :)

Congrats on paying off your latest Alex! It's all down to the waiting now, which always seems to be the hardest part. Also, way to go on saving $100! That's never a bad thing.

I've decided to get the Dikadoll jointed hands for Noé. I'm going to order them through Alice's Collections because I totally can't figure out how to order from DK's site, and I have sworn off MoC forever. I think I'm going to order them after my holidays in July (when I will hopefully have money and when I've finished paying off my latest Dollmore order...) I'm not sure how long it takes to make them, but I'm fully prepared for a wait. It's not like Noé is just going to be sitting around waiting for his new hands anyway. He still has some other 'surgery' that needs to be done before his "hand transplant". :XD:

Meanwhile, the twins got their dance clothes today, so they've decided to perform for everyone.
      Élise (Model F Ipsae Monohan) and Noé (Model M Kyle Reese):
      :[​IMG]
      The Perreault Twins Dance Together par SapphireStargazer, sur Flickr

20. What a fabulous photo! Is Élise's hair pulled back or is it the same wig Noé has? They really look like twins there!

I ordered all my DK Jointed hands from Jeeryama (she's my hand dealer lol), and it took a couple months I think. Maybe one month. It wasn't that bad. And at least one of my pairs came from the MP. I got really lucky with that one, exactly what I wanted, less than new, with like, a two day wait.

They look so good in their dance clothes!!