1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Large Dolls Discussion Thread (all sizes) - Part 2

May 2, 2014

1. Thank you very much! Élise's hair is pulled back in a little bun, but their wigs are both Monique Gold Label in the colour "golden strawberry". :)

I've never ordered from Jeeryama but I've heard good things. I figured the wait would be around 2 months, but I'm not too worried about it. If it takes longer I won't complain and if it takes less than 2 months...yay! :D

2. So, I've clearly lost my mind.

Just made an order for a SECOND Trinity girl (Blue Voler Elysia), to be picked up at Dollism New York in September. :sweat

I shouldn't have but I've been admiring Elysia for so long, and there was a 10% discount... and a gift for allowing her to be displayed during the convention.

So, while my brain is going "What the heck are you thinking?!" the rest of me is going :dance

3. Someone needs to tell Flickr that changing their layout all the time is not cool. I don't like going on there every-other-day and having to relearn everything. I was just there this morning for efs sake....and now it's all different.

Monique are by far my favorite wigs. Well, and Jpop, but they're the same thing so they should count automatically XD

Ha that's how I am about waiting. One thing that over-a-year wait from Dollshe did was make me pretty patient about waiting....anything under 6 months is fast! XD

OMG Yay!! That's so exciting, congrats! I can't wait to see her (since I'll be stalking Dollmore's booth anyway)! I am also dying to know what the gift is. I won't be getting one....mine is coming blank, and hopefully with scary all-black eyes. No one would want to display him XD

4. I won't be happy until I have one of each..lol. Lumie is almost in the cart to pick up for Dollism..tee hee, so only 2 more Trinities after that..:o The name you picked is awesome for your incoming Elysia can't wait to see you both at Dollism. :)

5. Oh boy, can't wait to see all these new Dollmore beauties. ;v; I wish I could go to this event! How amazing would it be to pick up your doll in person?
      If I would go, I would 100% sell a kidney or something to get my grail boy, Haneol Moon, then proceed to cry all over the poor dollmore people at the booth. One of these days...!

6. Well, just paid my Elysia. I need to go into the corner and hyperventilate a little (Good LORD that is a lot of money to blow in one day! Even with a few hundred off!), but after a couple of days I'm sure I'll be climbing the walls waiting for September to arrive! :XD:

And yes, she does already have a name. Michaela Fairchild. And I think she's related to Victoria in some way, but haven't figured out quite how, yet.

7. I got my first dollmore today - mirror mirror tattoo hayarn - I adore her - but for the life of me can't get her to stand! its a bit frustrating but regardless, I can't stop staring at her amazing details :)

[​IMG]

8. Oh, Stormlight, an ELYSIA! How wonderful! She has, quite honestly, the most lovely face I have ever seen on a doll. An absolute stunner. I'd get her in a heartbeat if she weren't quite so tall :p. I'm already looking forward to your photos!

Congratulations!

9. Omg congrats, she's so gorgeous!! I've only seen pictures of those dolls they tattooed but they just look amazing.

As for the standing thing:
      Make sure she's strung tightly enough. DM dolls tend to be a hot mess if they're too loose.

If you can, due to her tattoo work, suede her hip sockets and torso break.

Since she's your first Dollmore doll she might be hard to balance. They don't balance like a "normal" bid. I can't exactly explain it (other than to say they balance more like a human than doll), but it's something I learned after figuring out how to pose my first doll, and then getting two more SD sized dolls that were different companies but the same a as balance. I have doll friends who have been in this longer than me who can't pose Dollmore, just because they're a little different. Once you figure them out, they'll pose.

Genevieve ~ For real, I am so excited to pick him up from Dollmore!! I can't even. I was in the market for another Kara Klum anyway, but I was leaning toward second-hand until I was told about the deal they were making for those going to Dollism. I can't guarantee I won't cry all over them...imo they're the whole reason I'm in the hobby to begin with...

10. Oh, I just adore Elysia's face! Her open mouth and the teeth and her eyes and yeah, she's definitely one of the prettiest sculpts around. Although Lumie's eyes are just gorgeous, so big and haunting, which is why I ended up buying her first. But I always thought I'd eventually bring an Elysia home, too. <3

Dollmore's tattooed dolls are awesome! So much amazing detail! I'd probably never put them in clothes, or at least not much. lol Not only to show off the artwork, but I'd be so afraid of the tattoos rubbing off. Yikes!

11. thanks for the advice VampireAngel13! I managed to get her "leaning" against one of my other dolls last night.... he approves of her ;)

Stormlight - agreed - it was hard to dress her... At the moment she is wearing short shorts and a shirt..... I'm worried too about the tattoos rubbing off - I even considered putting another coat of MSC over, but then didn't want to risk any damage... I might buy her some cute lingerie to be displayed in....

You can see her tattoos in detail here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/valerie-anne/sets/72157645419824075/

August approves :D

[​IMG]

12. Wow, she's gorgeous Valee.anne! Huge congrats. Their tattoo dolls are amazing. I particularly like the skeletal india-ink-looking Nayuta Kenzo. I would be terrified to chip the tattoos, as you are. D: I also would not dress them. >V> I think lingere is the way to go!

And Stormlight, another huge congrats to you! All of the Trinity sculpts are just gorgeous. =v=
      I think if I were to choose, I would have difficulty between Jude and Lumie. There's something I really like about Jude~ I hope I'll get to see her here eventually ovo

VampireAngel13: Oh I know what you mean, I literally can thank Dollmore for getting me into this hobby! They really hold a special place in my heart >W< The first BJD (picture) I ever laid eyes on was a Dollmore doll, and looking through their dolls, I fell in love with my grail. -v- All dolls have since been compared to him. But alas, he was sold out even all those years ago D8 And only recently did I realize that there isn't anything different between the LE Haneol Moons and the regular model aside from resin color and the LE outfit, so that helps! Ideally I would love to own Evgeneia Haneol Moon and all his goodies but I will consider my life complete with a standard model Haneol. XD

Looking through those Lusion sculpts, I noticed how cute Orgel Requiem Daish is! ;A; What a unique, mopey face~ :aheartbea

13. Hello and excuse me :)
      I am new into BJDs... On my research for my perfect doll I visited Dollmore, because of the Zaoll Doll, but then I saw the mystic dolls there. I fall in love with the Stardust Mermaids. I am not sure, if they're large or mini dolls, so pls be free to say, if I am wrong here :)
      I really wanna see some owner photos of those mermaids and I am curious, if a mermaid is too hard to handle for a newbie. What do you think?

14. I love my dollmore Adam Sion Yoon. But he has such a peculiar face! It makes for a very interesting faceup challenge.

15. Hi electro! I believe the Mystic mermaids are technically minis, but their tails are rather long so I don't know if that makes them long enough for this thread! I had a local friend with one though so I can send you some pics when i get home!
      And from handling her and my Judith girl, which is very similar, I must say that those mermaid girls are on the advanced side, but don't let that discourage you! You just have to spend some extra time getting to know her.

16. Thank you Genevieve <3
      Yes, it was confusing. How do I see the mermaids are minis? I'll search for a thread in the Forum for mini dolls.
      Some photos would be perfect :)

17. They're definitely Minis, I think their upper body is the Judith body? Those are Dollpire Kid hands for sure.
      elektroeule I'm not sure I've ever seen owner pictures of them (though now that I type that I might have seen a box opening for one), I hope you can find some! It would be great if you ended up getting one. They look amazing on Dollmore's site.

18. I looked up the Box openings :)
      I have Seen one now. They're really beautiful, but the chest is huge :o

19. The upper body is the same as a Judith girl. ^_^ And yes, their chests are enormous >_> They love to pop them out, too.
      I Pm'd you some links to pictures of my friend's Tara from a dollmeet :> I too hope you decide to get one, they're so pretty. Their tails are lots of fun to play with. XD

20. Super bummed the mermaids are minis, guess that's another thread I'll have to stalk while I sort out doll priority plans (faceup for CJ, body for a floating head or 3...) but speaking of CJ, guess who's wig and pants arrived today?

[​IMG]
      Cristina James

That look she's giving? It's a make-me-more-shirts face. :sigh