1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Large Dolls Discussion Thread (all sizes) - Part 2

May 2, 2014

1. I'm not sure posting here will do me much good since I don't know how many of you have Model M bodies, but I cannot for the life of me find mine boots. All the boots I've found that are close to what I want, have an inner length of 9.5, which is about the size of his stupid huge foot.

So has anyone out there bought 9.5 shoes and had them fit?? I don't want to buy them and have them not fit, he's way bigger than my next foot size down, so they'd be ridiculous on anyone else.

alternately if you know where I can find very large Doc Martin looking boots, please let me know. I've tried ebay, Alice collections, Dollmore and Iplehouse and been thwarted completely.

Well not totally completely. I found a couple that might work but they're on the pricier side and I was going to paint them, so I didn't want to shell out a fortune (but I might have to at this rate).

2. @VampireAngel13 I know you have the talent and experience with modding tools so I will suggest this to you

I am going to suggest buying another pair of model feet, and dremel it shorter so he would fit the boots better instead of buying newer boots only to find it also wont fit. Ive done this to some of my iplehouse girls (made their feet slimmer) to fit into heels, but I also got extra heel feet so if I need to sell them, the resin would be from the same batch.

Its an option, if no one can come up with helpful suggestions to you

3. Yeah, @VampireAngel13 my big footed guys (Dollmore Glamor model and Dollshe Arsene feet) wears the Dollmore Glamor Model boots and they fit my 10x4cm big-foot Bishonenhouse boy, but the BH boy came with 'paddle feet' to use smaller shoes on him so @GreenTeaSlug has a good idea.

4. I....don't think I want to do that tbh. He has other shoes, this would be for just one pair... it makes a pair of boots that much more expensive since I'd have to buy new feet and pay the DM shipping for them.

Also, from an emotional standpoint, this is literally my favorite doll...I don't think I could look at him and not see the ruined feet (even though it wouldn't be his actual feet). Maybe if it was any other doll I owned it wouldn't be an issue, but not this one.

John has a pair of Glamor Model shoes, but they don't have any that are close to what I want. Neither does Iplehouse which is my other (very expensive) fall back for him.

Who knew it would ever be this hard to find boots for a BJD XD

5. What are you looking for in particular? Beside Doc Martin?

6. That's it! I was going to paint them (because John) but only if I find some that fit. I mean, in a perfect world, they'd have a black sole. But I can paint that too. I guess I don't really want to spend a lot...but since I've found exactly nothing, that might change.

7. /delurks
      Have you looked at Leekeworld's shoes? If you check out the individual pages of their newer offerings, they've got a graphic describing the fact that they've changed the sizes to be larger now. Of course most of them are sold out already, but it might be worth keeping an eye on them to see what they release next.

8. I have not! I totally forgot LW existed. I’ll check them out, thanks!

9. Hello all. Its been a while for this thread so here's Gehenna
      (Tattoo Model Doll - Plu Rain Hayarn)

[​IMG]_DSC7608 by Art Dolls, on Flickr

10. She's really pretty :) I would be too scared to get a doll with body tattoos like that. I worry that the tattoos might get damaged. But I've seen many have bought these tattooed dolls. Do they have a special kind of sealant for the tattoos?

11. From what I understand, the tattoos are actually etched. My friend who does faceups repainted one of the tattooed heads and commented on it

12. I see. I really like the red skin of the "Origin of Red ; Tattoo Nayuta", so if Dollmore ever release a redskin Model Doll F, I might be interested. But it all comes down to whether or not I like the tattoo.

13. All of the Nayuta's have the same tattoo pattern, just different color resin and accent colors. It is etched into the resin but not deeply so extra layers of sealant is a plus.

14. @manabusama Im sure you know this, but just in case someone else was wondering

The red skin isnt red resin :(
      The red is painted on him, that was the deal breaker for me but I did get another doll from them lol

15. Ok, understand :)

Actually, I had no idea. I have a red skin RS Li and from own experience, the red resin with time turned into a deep warm chocolate color. Maybe Dollmore decided to just cover the doll in red paint instead to prevent too much changes in the red color?

16. #737 kurtik, Jan 19, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    17. Hey does anyone have jointed hands on their Glamor Model boy body? I have Dika Doll hands on one, but I'm getting a second, and I would rather have something that works a little better than Dika. The DK are a perfect fit and proportion though, so there is that.

EDIT: ok so I figured out Soom, and realized that they do still have Idealian hands, though I literally JUST missed the last order period. Which is ok, I'll get my hands on them eventually. SO does anyone have Idealian jointed hands they can try on the Glamor Model? My SG hands are too small (I tried), they look like baby hands XD but I'm afraid that the bigger ones will be too big. And I much prefer Soom to any other hand I have.

#738 VampireAngel13, Jan 27, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    18. I thought I'd drop this here for anyone interested in a big but not too big body -- Glamor Model vs Model type B

[​IMG]IMG_3380 by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

Ignore his Ringdoll head.
      I'm going to miss those arm breaks most of all.

Oh and I'm still considering jointed hand options if anyone knows what will work for the GM body. Those hands are way too big for him. Way too big.

19. Legs for days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3