1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Large Dolls Discussion Thread (all sizes) - Part 2

May 2, 2014

1. I sometimes think I should be stalking all of Dollmore's threads, even for dolls I don't now Xo
      CJ looks fantastic! I love that wig on her. And the shirt!! I've been dying for Batman and Superman shirts in pretty much all sizes...so far I have none. Lol

This weekend's weather was disgusting (hot, humid, rainy), so of course I had to start tattooing Alex again (I can only do it in the worst weather for some reason). He's almost finished, and if I can get the last one done and blush him tonight *fingers crossed* I might be able to get some pictures of him! I hope so....he's not had his photo taken since his birthday in 2013. I don't know why I fail with him so much....he's still my most fav. And now he has the good eyes and wig.

Looking at his updated tattoos makes me ashamed of the one who still has the old ones. I wasn't going to work on him until after Dollism, but I'm not sure I can take him out in public the way he is now....

2. Oh, I know that "make-me-more-shirts" face! :XD: She's got a cool Batman shirt there though! I can see wanting more of them.
      I like her wig too!

3. Thanks :) The wig is by Dollmore (it's a bit big, do their wigs usually run big? Does anyone know?) and the shirt is by me. I'm teaching myself how to silkscreen, with mixed results. CJ's shirt is one of the better projects

Thanks VampireAngel13!

4. uuuughhhhh I swear for my favorite doll, he is the biggest pain in my ass.

[​IMG]

First of all, I can't photograph him to save my freaking life. Everything about him defies the camera. Second....I just did all those tattoos and the body blushing and he's gone and chipped it already. I shouldn't be surprised. He stood like a rock for all the shots I took though. He's got going for him at least...

Heh, I don't think I have ever, in the 6+ years of owning him, photographed him shirtless.

5. well I think that photo is amazing..I would love to put tattoo's on some of my dolls but artist I am definitely not...though I do know that you can use temp tats but I never seem to find any small enough in cool patterns

6. Thank you! Temp tats definitely work, I've used them many times on various dolls, so if you ever do find any grab them up! What also works is that tattoo paper you can buy and print on. I've used that too, but it does leave an edge. It's barely noticeable....and not usually in photographs. Still, something to think about. I gave up and did all these by hand *ded* which you can definitely tell when you see them irl D:

7. Dude! Silkscreened?! By yourself! Awesome! Really, that is so cool!

Wow, but your favorite guy is looking so sexy shirtless and showing off all your hard work! Maybe he doesn't like to share? ;)

8. VampireAngel13: o;v;o Alex looks fabulous without his shirt on! I love that face of his. The relationship you have with him is so cute too xD A pain, but somehow still your favorite. I can relate!

Girrl: That shirt looks professional! I'm impressed by your silk screening skills. :U I've seen it done before on TV but I can't imagine how you'd do it by yourself.

9. Thank you!

Thank you! I (sort of) followed this tutorial except I cheated and used henna decals from here instead of making a proper screen

10. Since I got CJ second hand, and I really don't do box openings, she gets a photostory intro, which got so big (especially since all my other photostories have been leading up to her introduction for a while now) I had to split it into 2. The first half is up now, the second will probably go up, maybe Wednesday?

[​IMG]
      (Link to story, if anyone is interested)

11. absolutely gorgeous faces! I really love all the dolls posted here. btw, what are the difference between model f, model w, and model woman sizes in clothes?

12. Hey all! Long time, no see. ;)

I've been following your stories as always, Girrl, and I must say I was highly entertained by CJ's introduction, especially the bit with Erszebet and Bucky in Part 2 of the story. XD CJ's shirt looks great, and I love the colour of that wig.

VampireAngel13, That is a gorgeous photo of your gorgeous boy! :aheartbea

...annnd I come with a Noé (Model M Kyle Reese) update as well. I ordered his jointed hands from Dikadoll back in July, so I'm still waiting for those. I'm still waiting (since 12 June) for his clothes and wig cap from Dollmore. Not sure what happened there, but I expect a shipping notice any day now.

Meanwhile, I've finally conquered Noé's swayback problem and his stability issues. Today I hot-glue sueded his chest and hips, and I restrung his legs and torso with 6mm marine-grade shock cord. He now stands like a rock and can hold his back perfectly straight while doing so. The instability in his ankles is gone, too. He can even stand on one leg, and he can lean forward in a "toe-touching" pose all by himself without support. I'm truly amazed. I took pictures, if anyone's curious to see what he can do now. :) 6mm elastic is the biggest size I've ever put into any of my dolls. Even Gabriel (IMPL Gnaeus) who is the same size an an Iplehouse EID man, only needs 5mm size, and he's got a lot more articulation points than Noé.

Now, if only I could do something about Noé's arm posing issues, I'd be really happy. I'm hoping his jointed hands will help a little with the arm issues, and I may suede his elbows too.

13. Thank you! I'm happy to hear Noé is behaving now. Other than that weird arm break (which I am so jealous of) the Models really are just giant Adams XD they all need the same TLC to work. I have 5mm in the Kara Klum pictured above, and he's 57cm tall. I'm about to restring III with the same (I opened him up the other day....holy eff he's a hot mess. I have no idea what the hell I was doing with his stringing....) when I get the chance. Same with the sueding. And they are very good at letting you know when they need freshening up. The only photo story I've ever done was done with Alex I sitting on the sofa the whole time because he would not stand at all he needed restringing so bad XD

And I'm always interested in new/more pictures! ;)

Speaking of III (since I was - sorta), I pulled him off the shelf the other day for the first time since I got back from Texas in June and noticed his face up was damaged. =_= He's done nothing but sit on the shelf!! I looked him over when I unpacked him!! I swear to god these dolls....they do it on purpose. One gets attention and the rest go simultaneously to hell. I'm afraid to even look at the others now.

I managed to fix him up (and make him look better?) and then for punishment I cleaned off all his "work", so he's blank again (punishment for me I guess, it took two days to get him cleaned off). Someday I'll get to his tattoos and blushing again....someday. Hopefully before Dollism. I hate taking them out in public so unfinished D:

And speaking of Dollism (oh the segues!!) I am pretty sure there are several people here going: Show of hands? :3

One more of I(one)
      This time he wears the clothes. And he is on his own shirt. He's full of himself that way.
      [​IMG]

14. I'm a big fan of all your Kara Klums, VampireAngel13. #1 looks as stunning as any of your others always do. ^3^
      There's something really special about buying more than 2 of the same sculpt!

Noé also has me seriously considering getting some new string for my glamour models. I think Siber and Alkas could really use it. They both have the standard Dollmore elastic, but seeing as Siber is five years old as of this year, I think he could use some new string. It might help with their timber-ankle problem.

15. Yay Noé!
      LOL Noé looks like me when I try to touch my toes!! My legs are almost as long, I feel his pain >.<
      Noé's fabulous posing makes me wonder if Alex can do things.....I've never bothered to try. As long as he stands when I want him too I'm usually good.

Ha ha right?! Multiples are so fun...there are many days when I look at my dolls and think I could be happy with just my Kara Klums. Then I remember I like the rest of my dolls too XD (just not as much).

You should totally restring. It'll help a lot of issues, plus you'll avoid the embarrassing "pick up the doll at a meet and have his legs dangle from way-too-loose elastic" problem (happened to a friend after I'd poked her for never restringing her dolls. After that she asked me to help her learn....she's been in the hobby since before DOA existed XD). Plus it's fun. I actually mean that....

16. I'm tellin ya, I'm going to have a Haneol Moon army some day. It's kind of a weird situation with him. I don't feel ready for him yet. XD I could've gotten him by now on layaway for sure. It's a very strange situation...

I think I'm going to have to make a restringing project out of the both of them. They have a very violent tendency to flop forward with all their dolly might. I scream every time. Those guys are ever a pain to restring though, I'm always terrified of built-in resin hooks. It would be a tragedy to break Siber's because of his special resin color. I know they're plenty sturdy enough for this thing but it still worries me! XP

17. lol I am the opposite...I can put my palms flat on the floor, even. ;) haha I'm just impressed by the fact that Noé can bend forward from the waist and stay like that without collapsing or falling on his face. Actual toe-touching is not required. :XD:
      I'm sure Alex could do all kinds of things similar to what Noé can do. You should totally try it! I like my dolls to be able to stand and sit properly when I want them to as well, but I also enjoy testing their limits. I may never use some of those poses in photos other than for reference purposes, but just knowing he's capable of doing it makes me feel like I've accomplished something in his 'rehabilitation' plan.

Yay restringing project! I'm with VampireAngel13...I think restringing is fun. I find it kind of relaxing, and there's this sense of satisfaction when it's finished and the doll can do stuff s/he couldn't do before.
      Ohh...the flopping forward. Élise does that. :doh Noé's big thing was to flop backward because his chest piece kept popping out of joint randomly and then it would overbalance him. It wreaked havoc with his center of gravity...but, no more! :XD: I'd highly recommend 6mm elastic for your big boys. I know it sounds large, but it definitely will fit and I think you'll be surprised at how much stability it will give them, especially in the ankle area. :)
      As for the resin hooks in the feet, I was honestly more afraid that Noé would break his foot due to falling over because of his wobbly ankles than I was afraid I'd break it during restringing him.

18. Genevieve, SapphireStargazer; I've been lurking doing nothing with my dolls lately due to arthritis in my hands, but my Rhyvik is still in pieces and has needed restringing for ages! I can't do it, but my daughter is coming for a visit in late september, and if I have the right elastic here and waiting, maybe together we can fix 'ol 3 eyes (Dollpire, Victor). Sapphire, what color 6mm cording did you use? I really wanted to restring Rhyvik with that pinkish cord that matches Dollmore skin. But I'd have to order that from Dollmore, wouldn't I? And it wouldn't be 6mm. Genevieve, what are you going to use for restringing? I agree, I'm deathly afraid of breaking those resin feet hooks too!
      Guys, please help!:eusa_pray

19. aahh Grouchy Gnome, I didn't know you had a 3-eyed Victor! *fangirl*
      The cord I used for Noé's body is white with a red tracer. It's New England Ropes 6mm marine grade shock cord. With the body/legs it doesn't really matter what you use because you can't really see it anyway. 6mm cord will be too large for the arms. I did use 5mm cord for Noé's arms, and I used the flesh coloured stuff from Dollmore because you can see it in his elbows and wrists. The cord I used in his arms is total crap, though. He's getting some new stuff in his arms when his jointed hands get here, and I will probably use some 5mm NER cord even though it's white with a red tracer as well. It'll be far less noticeable once he has his new hands on, as they attach with S-hooks. Just a word of caution about using marine-grade shock cord as opposed to round craft elastic or commercial-grade shock cord (or the Dollmore stuff, which is mediocre in my opinion): marine grade shock cord has super awesome tension and is quite a bit harder to "stretch" than other types of elastic cord. You need quite a bit of strength to pull it tight if you string from the neck down, the way I do. I wish we lived closer. I'd gladly string your Victor for you. :hug:

Also...*flails* I got a shipping notice for Noé's hands from Dikadoll today! They'll probably arrive while I'm at away at photography camp, just my luck. :doh

Gah...I want to blush him now and give his skinny little chest some definition...
      [​IMG]
      Dramatic Noé Is Dramatic by SapphireStargazer, on Flickr