1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Discussion - Part V!

Aug 13, 2014

1. I have some random kids socks sitting in my workshop that I plan to use for my Sparrow. :3 I'm still working on shoes. Hesitant to start on clothes since I don't have the best measurements...

ANYWAY! Congrats on Dell! He's super cute

Also, Christmas is coming and we hang giant socks to fill with goodies. ;) Just saying, there are socks that will fit out there, waiting.

Now I feel obligated.

2. [​IMG]

I thought to share my girl who looks amazing for being 4 years old. She been in her storage/carrying bag for at least 3 years and never really seen sunlight :D But in the sad truth I'm not really feeling any love for her as much as i want to try x.x so this is tragic for me. Shes one of the 5 Orgel Requiem Daish in the world.

3. Any idea why?

Perhaps it's just that she has been packed away for so long...?

Teddy

4. I believe its a number of factors. I'm not as strong as I used to be so her size is just too much for me sadly and she's so loose its scary so restringing her is a nightmare to even think about. I never did get what i originally wanted to do with her finished in general too since it turns out its a lot harder for a doll her size then say a smaller doll like a MSD or even a 60 cm doll. Even if I were to redesign her I'm really at a loss since no character of mine could fit her.

5. Okay, sso I might sound crazy but... make her eyes n emerald green. There's a whole lot of black there and she looks kinda lifeless. No offense meant, I swear!

Let her develop her own character--sometimes dolls will come to you and surprise you. She'll 'tell' you what she likes, hates, wants just like any character would during development. See if trying that out will reignite your passion for her. If it does, those scary projects will seem easier.

At the end of the day it is perfectly okay to have a doll that doesn't get carried around and pampered everyday. I know this hobby places at lot on customizing and art and pictures and other 'play', but if she can sit in a chair and make you smile every time you see her that's what she's there to do for you--sit in that chair and make you happy.

I really hope this didn't come off as preachy >.>

6. I agree with @psychicandroid. She's lovely, but a little bit monochromatic. Also, she has no visible eyebrows. :sweat More lifelike eyes, some gorgeous brows - maybe an entire new faceup - she's a potentially stunning girl and definitely deserving of some love. The heck with the limited faceup if it just doesn't do it for you - I think if you find her "look" you'll be so happy to own her...she's just not there yet!

#486 celga, Sep 26, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    7. i have at least one sugestion... GET HELP and restring her... I would never do mine alone and i didn't. Mine came unstrung and sat in her box until I could get a helper... it's less intimidating that way. and learn to only mover her when needed. i have mine on a stand i can 'mostly' dress her while in it (depending on outfit of course). same with my trinity. and i find a higher work surface helps. In case you want to try with her. and instead of her bag, leve her out on a chair and then just drape cloth over her to sheild from sun. That's what I do

8. That's exactly what I was going to suggest

I second that, I'm lucky that I can do my own restringing, but I'm always happy to help friends who don't have the strength (or nerve) for it. And it doesn't need to be someone who is familiar with dolls and BJDs, just someone who has the strength to do the final tugging to get the elastic over the hooks.

Teddy

9. yes what Teddy says... I got my Dad to help with my Iplehouse dollse even because i have bad hands and my cleaner/companion that i used to have also helped me and she'd never heard of these dolls. So it's true they don't need to know dolls.... just be a pair of extra steady (stronger) hands :3nodding:

10. She looks lovely, I thought I would drop in a little note from someone who has been in a situation similar. Some six years ago I kind of fell out of the doll world. i moved and lost a lot of space to do work. My asthma didn't like working with my supplies even with the full on masks/ and goggles. The dolls were more difficult for me to move and arrange around that half of them ended up just boxed up and out of site. At least one doll sat in a case with no head and no PANTS for a year. I just lost all my inspiration for my existing dolls and my ideas.

Then recently I sort of fell back in, I got back in to the community, seeing other peoples excitement helped me. I second getting help, not just for the physical assistance of ease but also because its theraputic to work with others who enjoy it. You may want to see about some suedeing of the joints. You may also want to try picking up a different style, one you like but seeing if that sparks a desire in you.

11. Thank you everyone for your kind words. It really does mean a lot. Sadly I don't really know of people that could help me restring her as I lack in real life friends. Family isn't really an option as well. When i was hard core into the dolls I kind of used the dolls to create a new family due to issues.

I thought about a new face up and new clothing for her. Sadly what I have for her is her default set as I never got around to doing what I wanted with her. That original plan been slightly tossed out a window as well as I really don't think it'd work as good as I was hoping lol. I'm nothing good at proper face ups as well. Fantasy would be a different thing completely. Hard to work with a doll that doesn't inspire you at all lol. So she will sit around until I figure out if there is any inspiration in her for me.

So I guess I'll ask. Does anyone have a similar doll to her? I know she's the Daish sculpt. Not sure if its just a slight variation or just a unique faceup for that sculpt. Dollmore confused me on that part kind of.

12. As far as I'm aware it;s the standard Daish sculpt - same as my Daisy Bacon - with a custom faceup for the limted edition fullset.

It certainly looks like the same sculpt as mine:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

13. @Pooki Stringing can be done by one. I keep planning to share my techniques but I never seem to have time. You might want to add some general location data to your profile. I frequently want to help someone but I have no idea whether they are reasonably close or on the other side of the world.

I think a new faceup might help. Look at @Teddy 's Daisy Bacon and the other Daish sculpts on Dollmore for inspiration. First you might want to try other eyes and a different wig and ask yourself what drew you to this doll originally.

14. I been thinking really hard on what I could do with her to bring new life to her. I really don't remember what attracted me to her in the first place. Her face is quite difficult with how round it is and I seem to be liking more mature looking faces recently more then children face. I'm sure I'll figure something out. She might become that one really major modding project (to what who knows lol) thats more fantasy then anything. Just a matter of find what part.

Random question since eyes will prob help a lot. What is a good eye size to aim for that looks more normal and not huge.

15. Theh general rule I've always heard is that if you want a younger, childish appearance you go for larger irises and pupils and the opposite for more mature appearance. I think that most of the lusions are in the 26-28mm range? Going toward the smaller end of the range will help.

On the subject of eyes.... does anyone know where I can find resin/urethane eyes in the lusion scale? Mako eyes has spoiled me now but they only go up to 22mm

16. Yeah I was aiming for a smaller eyesize. I just not sure about how small i can go before annoying eye gaps might happen. I know 24mm would work fine. I just like to hear from people about what sizes they like to use in general before deciding on what eye size would work best.

@psychicandroid I can actually help with eyes lol. it seems the default eye size Dollmore sends with their dolls are 26mm. I know of a eye maker on Etsy. "Galaxynook" that can make 24mm and customized if you like the more fantasy type of eyes or even normal it seems). I actually have a smaller 14mm eyes coming from her thats customized. Always worth checking out :D

17. Sorry, I cant be of any help there - I only use acrylic reborn eyes (they're so realistic and much less expensive than anything marketed for BJD).

Teddy

18. So I ended up deciding to try my hand at making eyes. Have a mold from amazon on the way. I just have to go pick up some resin and start experimenting. Looks like my dremel is going to get some use! :D

19. OH MY GOD SHE'S ON THE WAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <3

20. Yay!

Teddy