1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Discussion - Part V!

Aug 13, 2014

1. I haven't made any eyes or clothes or anything for her yet. :x. I have shoes though! Cute shoes. :D

2. My Daisy Bacon has amassed an entire (and overflowing) hamper of shoes and boots...

Teddy

3. There are so many cute ones, it's hard to NOT buy shoes when it's so easy to get them.

4. {nods} Especially when the prices are so low for second-hand childrens shoes on ebay (and some of the new ones are nowhere near as expensive as buying from Dollmore)

Teddy

5. I just woke up tempted to get Dell. But I've never gone over $1,000 for a doll. Like I know it's a fullset, but dropping that much money is definitely not anywhere near impulse-buy range (I wish I was that rich....)

Are there any pictures of the Lusion boy body nude? How does carrying one feel compared to like a 70cm boy? Like I can see the weight listed, but carrying a doll, I feel like sometimes the shape feels different. Like my 1/4 teenager proportion doll is lighter than my 1/4 big baby dolls, but I find the big baby size nicer to carry.

6. I drew the line at the point her shoes hamper filled ro the point the lid won't close. Luckily, I dress her old-fashioned/vintage so a lot of modern kids shoes aren't the temptation they would otherwise be

Teddy

7. I had two whole rubbermaid tubs just for Amelia but I finally went thru and cleaned it out to what she actually wears vs what I owned for her. I still have a massive stroller for her I should really get rid of since I'm not planning on bringing her out anywhere anymore really. Or get like one of those baby bjorns or something.

8. I have a few pairs of shoes I need to redonate when I get the time to go through my workshop (again). By the way, Sparrow is here and AMAZING. I love this doll-child-creature. I need to get pictures of her... once I fix her faceup because she comes to work with me to brighten my dead, tiny cubicle. >.> <.<

9. Yay!

I bring a smaller doll or two in to work with me each day (up to SD size they fit into my backpack) but a Lusion is too big to easily manage on a public transport commute at rush hour, so she sits at home on her little reproduction viking chair, surrounded by the rest of the dolls and bears.

Teddy

10. It's been so long since I've been to DOA or bought a new doll in general, but I decided to just "go" for it with this purchase-- ordered one of the Baker Street Mystery Dells after falling in love with his freckles. (I had my eye on the other Dell too since his conception and loved his sculpt, but this one stole the show!)

I've been doing as much research as possible. It's been a bit difficult, not many have the boy version so I'm not positive what persists between each body type. It seems like I'll probably have to felt suede/hot glue suede the body to help with posing though, just in general due to size. Maybe even restringing? Either way I also plan on tackling sanding myself as a project. Hand blushing myself too. I did buy an additional wig/shoes straight from Dollmore, and probably wait until the craziness of 2020 is over to find lightly used human clothing to supplement his attire. I also ordered a couple eyes from Eyeco because I'm not a huge fan of typical glass doll eyes and may have to find a way to commission 24mm eyes at a later date if they still don't fit quite right to the character I've seen in the promotional photos.

Possibly a little triggering for some who haven't been able to have children but want them, but related to why this doll size after this hobby absence:
      It's been a long time coming. Long and short of it is, we've been going through IVF for two years now without full success even with multiple transfers (seven embryos). It's looking like we won't ever reach birth, so honestly.. I'm starting to look into things/hobbies that might get me through the rest of my life. Back when I was fully invested in BJDs, I had jokingly made a deal with my husband that if we didn't reach success, I'd buy a more lifelike sized doll. Well, that time has come. I'm sad in some ways that it has come to this.. and excited in others. It's not a complete chapter closing on IVF (we have two more transfers/four more embryos, whether that is with a surrogate or not).. but for now, I'll have this doll to watch over us whether it is through pain or happiness.

I think what kick-started this renewal to come back to this hobby was about two months ago I sent another doll out to get a face up, and he arrived back, perfect in every way, in time for yet another terrible phone call I'd never wish upon a person longing to be a parent. This doll always seems to be right there for comforting me during horrible times and I won't mention the sculpt or anything, but he's 70cm, heavy, but even more huggable for it. It's crazy to imagine an 84cm doll, but that's just more to cuddle.

In the end, I'm excited to get my hands on this doll. I'm kind of looking at one of our mostly empty spare bedrooms and really considering just turning it into a full-blown doll room. It would be nice to get all my dolls out of the closet and in their own space, and maybe a little spring cleaning on things I don't use? Hmm.

11. I could not resist the 10% off and started a layaway on Baker Street Mystery Dell. I agree on the freckles @Artiee ! Like the Fauntleroy Dell's face-up is like good, but Mystery Dell's face-up is like * chef kiss mwah *

I didn't buy any extras because I use my dolls as a canvas for sewing projects. I am definitely going to make a sailor suit because I am weak for that sort of thing. I heard Lusion can wear toddler shoes and started skimming around for that and I fell in love with all the super cute rain boots they sell for kids, so my boy will definitely need a rainy day outfit.

My next largest doll is a Dollshe 28M and Dell weighs almost twice as much (2.7kg vs 5kg). It will be interesting to see how carrying him will go.

Not yet sure what I will name my boy.

12. @zekarmisama I wish I could sew. I'm actually kind of hoping my mom might become interested after seeing him and might be willing to share her skills. Of course she vastly prefers girls, so he'd probably only get dresses from her haha.

When I saw him though, I had two thoughts. Initially, Peter Pan. Maybe because that wig looks a little more red, but between that and kind of an London-vibe, it was the first thought I had. The second was that I thought, with the right wig + eyes, he'd be perfect for a roleplay character of mine. He's got the rounded face + freckles I envisioned for that character, and with gray eyes + a more ashy brown wig (which may have to be another commission).. he'd be perfect. Certainly a different outfit, but that's a given. I am half and half on whether it'd be that character, or that character's kid, but they had a tendency to look more identical save for a blonder wig.

13. If you went with a Peter Pan theme. He's so big you can use a tiny BJD to be his Tinkerbell.

Maybe I'll name my boy Bertram. Bertie is like a little old-fashioned but a cute name to me.

Not sure if I will stick with the red wig or go maybe strawberry blonde or peach. I have been seeing wig fibers in pinkish tones but none of my current crew have characters with pinkish peachish tone hair. But that's kind of hard to decide until I have him in hand.

14. I found with my Daish, that wiring was the most help - the limbs are so aeavy that even with sueding, keeping he arms from dropping down is difficult otherwise and wiring improved her abiluty to stand wonderfully.

Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds scrumptious. Sailor suits are just irresistable.

Plus they're far less expensive than buying made-for-Lusion shoes from Dollmore. My Daish ended up with a little hamper of children's shoes once I figured out what size I neeed to get for her. I buy children's socks for her too.

Teddy

15. I found out that you can order additional Trinity heads IF you have ordered a full doll in the past. One of my worries with Dell is that maybe I won't like the company face up despite liking it now. Or maybe growing distant with the doll because the face up is too pretty to touch, but doesn't exactly fit. $405 later.. ($450 normally) I am getting a spare head to send to a face up artist who I just commissioned and loved recently.

It's good for a peace of mind, and heck, cool that I'll have two heads for double the character possibilities.

16. did you have to order it right at the same time? I wonder if a head could be added after time passed?

17. Do you mean Trinity heads or Lusion heads?

I'd love the opportunity to get a Lillia head (if I can raise the money for one)

Teddy

18. I did mean Trinity since that was on the FB post saying you could ask for an additional head. However, same company makes both, so I asked via the Q&A board if it was possible and Abby agreed to add to my current order because I was buying a full doll. So I'd suggest asking! I have a feeling with all that's going on and this 10% coupon that doll maker companies are probably hurting right now and might need the extra money.

As I said above, I'd just ask on the Q&A board. The worst that can happen is 'no'. And if so, you can always see if anyone else ever buys the sculpt you want and ask if they might be willing to do a split?

19. I don't usually shop for dolls I don't have in hand yet but zulily has boots for $12 and $9 lol I am tempted....

20. If I could get the money together now, I'd do just that...

I understand the temptatio but... Surely there will be other sales?

Teddy