1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Discussion - Part V!

Aug 13, 2014

1. There you go!

I bet they had a lot of stain-removal to do - or perhap they had removable cuffs they changed out when necessary

The London Hospital nurses uniforms in the fourtes and fifties had sort puffed sleeves for the Nurses and Student Nurses:
      https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/63/5e/a0635e45a0b8e77c9fc8c8cb7e37efa4.jpg

And long or short sleeves with for the Ward Sisters (the long sleeve parts were detachable):
      https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2a/87/6a/2a876ae1af495a75a4c401fe6a07aea1--uniform-dress-vintage-nurse.jpg

The puff sleeve nurses dresses are actually very pretty, I'm sure my Daisy Bacon would look lovely in one, and would look adorable with the apron and cap added for the fll-on nurse effect.

Teddy

2. I just posted my surgical cap pattern in Workshop: Pattern: Sewing. The set-in sleeve still needs work. I'm on my 8th try for that. Hope to post the shirt pattern soon.
      Thanks to @Teddy for encouraging me!
      [​IMG]

3. I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism on the top? I didn't find anything in the workshop for the top, but if there is I'll whisk this off over there. Okay, to the top. The neckline looks great but could stand to go a little deeper and a little wider at the neck maybe? I can't really offer much help on the sleeve ATM... Sorry :/

4. I think the sleeve would be easier if you extend the shoulder a bit so the top of the sleeve is over the top of the arm. Then you won't need to ease in as much fabric as the cap of the sleeve can be shorter.

5. Oh, she's looking sweet! All ready to go into Theatre and perform an operation. And I see you got another couple of bits of good advice too.

I have to say, you're much more patient and persistent than I would be - I'd have given up well beofr I got to attempt number eight.

Teddy

6. I really love the fact she's going for it. I'm going to get that surgical cap pattern for Sparrow while I work on yet another wig for her.

7. @Teddy Thank you! Maybe stubbornness is a virtue or...maybe it's OCD!
      @nancy_schroeder_ca Thanks for a great hint! I'll look at altering the shoulder line.
      @psychicandroid Sorry for the confusion! The top hasn't been posted yet due to sleeve issues. You're right about the neckline needing to look as though Lusion could pull it over her head like humans do. I'll work on that, too. The top actually opens all the way in the back for convenience. Thanks for the feedback. If you make one, please post a photo! I'd love to see it!

8. No problem chica! And I def. will post a photo.

9. I finally posted the scrubs top pattern for Lusion today!
      [​IMG]

In this final version, the neckline is bigger and the fit more relaxed than the earlier version. The 10th try on the set-in sleeve is not perfect but I think it's the best I can do. My final try at that seam is below. You can see a tuck in the seam, which is a no-no for set-in sleeves. At least I was down to 1 or 2 tucks per sleeve! Wish they had been on the back side!
      The one nice thing about the sleeve is it's compatible with the jewel-neck top pattern I posted previously. So it makes that top more versatile. Oy, I'm glad this project is done!
      Have a good, safe week!
      http://myplace.frontier.com/~deanlmsite2/Photos/DollSleeve.jpg

#549 Answer42, Jul 1, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
    10. {applause!} Well done!

Teddy

11. Agreed! It looks fantastic. Now get her a face mask and get her out there helping folks! :D

12. I am halfway done paying off for my mystery Dell :dance did a couple above the minimum payments so I am ahead of schedule. Though since mailing is still a hot mess and I am not sure if paying him off early will help get him home that much faster. I just had a box in limbo for 20 days and it wasn't even in customs! For no specified reason it took twenty days to go from California to Arizona. :?

13. @zekarmisama Fingers crossed for you that it all works out!

Here's a store-bought outfit for Lusion from "Hello Bello", size 0-3 months.
      Walmart was selling these outfits for $6.50 in-store. There were 4 color/design choices.
      I removed the waist elastic, shortened it to 11 inches and re-attached it. I cut off the shirt's snap crotch and cut up the center back for ease of dressing Lusion. I might leave the shirt's hem edge raw to prevent bulk. I'm also seeing raw edges on people clothes these days.
      I hope everyone's 4th of July went well!

[​IMG]

http://myplace.frontier.com/~deanlmsite2/Photos/DoA_2020_07_04/Doll7.jpeg

http://myplace.frontier.com/~deanlmsite2/Photos/DoA_2020_07_04/Doll3.jpeg

#553 Answer42, Jul 5, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
    14. It's a sweet little outfit - the bunny is SO cute!

I am too, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it - it always looks unfinished, to me.

The same as all those dresses with fraying hems and unfinished edges to the ruffles hat were popular on BJD outfits a few years back. I never bought any of them because I just knew I'd set them aside so I could neaten the hems before putting them on a doll, then never get around to doing it.

Teddy

15. @Teddy I'm with you! I want finished edges!

16. Hmm, ok. There's a few options but maybe the best would be self-binding around the hem to match the neck.
      These new knits don't ravel or run, which is a whole new world for me. It'll take some getting used to!

17. Yesterday I posted a pattern for fabric slippers for Lusion.
      It took only 4 versions to get it right!
      [​IMG]

18. Persistence again. They look cute.

Teddy

19. Calling all Lusion lovers out there: What age do you feel Lusion represents?
      I find her age very tough to pin down. Maybe it's fluid, depending on her individual face-up and costuming.
      Any thoughts on this?

20. Definately fluid depending on face-up and styling.

My girl is about four or five. I just wish the body shape better represented that - it's far to shapely in the chest-waist-hip proportions for a child.

Teddy