1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Discussion - Part V!

Aug 13, 2014

1. I agree with Teddy!

2. DM says they are suposed to be about 8:nowords:... but... yeah I think Teddy has the right of it. 'MY' girl does fall into the 7-8 range. Also if you look at many of the Lusions and especially the Trinities as being from early 19th century where girls seemed to 'grow up' faster. it's a bit easier to wrap your head around?

3. Not for me - My girl is 19th century, but she's too slim in the waist for stuff to look right if it's fitted to the waist - I either dress her in higher waisted stuff, make her things that are looser aroudn the waist, or pad out her waist to give ther the right silhouette under her clothes

Although, the ultra tiny waist does help a little in that, if she wears ALL the right layers for the period, her waist isn't bulked out to an exagerated extent by the thickness of the fabrics. With my smaller dolls, I often have to skip underlayers and "cheat" with their period garments becuase otherwise the bulk of the fabrics makes them look too cunky 'round the middle

Teddy

4. oh I get the tiny waist and bulk and you literally just explained the 'main' reason for Barbies extra tiny waist... cuz even cheating on that scale doesn't work lol. Note somewhere along the way her creator did explain that lol I have to wonder if this is part of the reason for the proportions of the DM dolls.

5. I finished paying off my Dell. :dance

Dollmore said he will take 3 months to make.

6. Yay!

Teddy

7. [​IMG]
      My girl came in, and her face is done!
      (a local faceup artist did her work, though her hands need redone since the fingertips are already wearing off)

8. Oooh. Looking cute!

9. SO CUTE! I love that little bench!

10. The Pikachu onesie is a nice touch

Teddy

11. @vampireketsuki Very cute! The white hair goes so well with the faceup! The hand blushing is also very nice!

12. The white wig was one of two that I got when I bought her and since the wig was curly I decided to braid it

13. I ordered actual Halloween costumes for my girls this year off Amazon. A dragon and a unicorn onesie. I’m not sure who will be getting what but I think they’ll be arguing over who gets to wear the dragon. :whee:
      I also ordered a toddler-sized cloak but that will be for the Trinities. I think it’ll be too long for a Lusion.

14. The weight difference between my new boy and my 70cm boys is more intense holding him than thinking about it.

My friend joked I should start a new exercise regiment called outFIT where I exercise by dressing him up every day. Though he's going to need more outfits if I do that without getting bored lol. He definitely needs a sailor suit. Maybe a tailcoat. The place with the soutache I wanted sells it in 25 yard rolls and I only need about 11 yards for my doll who is going to be a hussar so maybe a hussar or drummer boy military themed outfit.

First order of business is wig cap for making a mohair wig and darkening his freckles because I think Dollmore went too light on it. Though now I am wondering if it looks too artificial.... might paint fleck it up a little more.
      [​IMG]20201210_152642 by Kaxen6, on Flickr

Still not sure what color hair I want to give him, but I guess since light peachy pink can be covered up to the medium-dark auburn color that is my other idea maybe I will dye for peachy pink mohair and if I decide I want to stick with a darker tone I can just hit it up with brown.

15. They're a great improvement on the barely-there Dollmore ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing what outfits you make him. Sailor suit is a must, of course. Have you been looking through Victorian/Edwardian fashion plates for boy's clothing inspiration? Another of my own personal favourites for boys is the Norfolk Suit.

Teddy

16. Yeah, I am going with a Victorian/Edwardian theme for him.

Ooh Norfolk suit is nice too. I think I have some fabric in a brownish tan color that would look good for that. I really need to use up my stash...

17. @zekarmisama Darkening the freckles sounds like an opportunity to improve the original freckles. I like natural-looking freckles and the originals look too uniform in color and size. Even so, your boy is VERY charming and mesmerizing!

Does anyone have both male and female Lusions? I'd love to learn about any size differences.

18. Not me, but I'd like to swap out my girl's body for the more child-proportioned boy body (with "boy bits" modded off)

Teddy

19. Yeah I ended up giving it one more dusting of smaller freckles to be more natural. Need to wipe a little from the wings of the nose and a dot that got on the lip.

Also started work on the wig. Ended up at a color that makes me think about salmon.

[​IMG]wig wip by Kaxen6, on Flickr

20. @zekarmisama Wow! BIG improvement on the freckles!
      People get freckles on their lips, so it's your call on whether you remove it or not.
      GORGEOUS face and faceup! Great job on the freckles!