1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Doll - Thistle Dahlia LE10

Jul 13, 2009

1. SDink, it took a couple of months after I paid for my Dahlia before she arrived. :)

Annnnnnnd I just purchased Thistle; I'm dying to know how two of these beautiful creatures look together!

2. CONGRATS! so did I :aheartbea I cannot wait to see what you do with yours!

3. We're not in the Victorian period anymore though, and do we really need 'tasteful' nude shots of dolls? They're just dolls and I'd rather see a complete picture of the body type than one hidden behind gauze, but that's just me :)

I really like the styling of Thistle Dahlia and her clothing and wig style are very pretty, like I said, the only one I'd consider getting. I'm very interested in what other people are going to do with her, but I don't think she is ultimately for me.

4. SDink> I've received mine 3 weeks after the order. But she was blank. So may be it will be longer with the limited edition.

5. :o I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!! >< Your so lucky you're going to have two Dahlias!!!!! You really must update me if you decide to upload any pictures of them :)

6. Oh ok, I hope I can last :o I am just too excited about this girl :aheartbea

7. Ok, I am so glad to have found a thread today letting me know this girl is on topic! <3
      I must say, I love this limited edition.

Ok, so does that picture of her holding a mature bust mean they might be releasing a mature bust in the future? I was just thinking how great she look with a mature bust...like a fairy or nymph! I know t is a little slimmer than her...is it the model doll breast size or maybe a new mature doll like her that they will release?

8. Paid for mine 11 May; she arrived by 1 June. Only took 4 days to ship to Colorado USA (I got lucky with customs!)

9. I paid for Thistle last Friday. If I had some idea how long the wait is going to be it would help ease the antsy feeling I have inside.

A lot of people don't like the big child doll aspect of her, but that is exactly why I bought her. I love her chubby joints! I also like the big dolls. Thistle will have company that she can meet eye to eye.

10. I totally agree, i just LOVE how big she is! To me she just seems even THAT more huggable! ><

11. Oh thanks so much! I asked Dollmore and they said a month or more :o I just need to be patient but I get to paint one for somebody so I will get to play with her at least before I get mine :aheartbea

Spring: CONGRATS :sumomo:

Pretty soon we can start a Database on her! I wish she had her own waiting room too :(

12. I'm not a person who likes child-like dolls (I like mature style)
      but the first picture of her on the Dollmore page is just stunning, it is so much like a Mucha painting

13. I find her stunning, but I'm not sure if I would be able to bond with her, especially since I hate children

14. MaliceinWonderland I love your honesty! OMG I laughed out loud just now. I love children and have three of my own but I always wonder if I don't love BJDs so much because they are beautiful and fun to play with but they don't have any other needs and they don't talk back!

So, three Thistles have been ordered as far as this thread is concerned. Is that right?
      I wonder how long it will be before all 10 are sold.

milkeye and SDink do you guys have any plans for your girls?

15. Well I received my first Lusion in May and she is currently on her way to SDink for one of her extraordinary faceups. Like Lotte Rotten, I am a huge fan of Koitsukihime (her dolls are what got me involved in bjds in the first place), and probably like a lot of other fans, I really couldn't afford the 30k+ price tag for one of her incredible larger dolls. Enter Lusion Dahlia. To the trained eye, it is easy to see that Dahlia is a direct reference to the Koitsukihime doll style.

I just wanted to quickly address an issue: It has been mentioned in this thread that the proportions - particularly the waist - don't seem cohesive with the rest of the sculpt; but the Koitsukihime dolls have that very same shape. Their photos also can sometimes nod toward childlike sexuality, but it is my opinion that Koitsukihime was directly influenced by the photography of Irina Ionesco and more so by Irina's daughter, Eva (several of the Koitsukihime doll face sculpts emulate Eva's features), who was 10 when many of the more well-known photos were taken. If we were to suppose then that Lusion Dahlia is made to represent a ten year old, and one is put off by photos depicting said doll in adult-like clothes or poses, then logically it would follow that one would feel the same way about seeing an SD10 (or even an SD13) in similar fashion, as those dolls theoretically represent ten and thirteen-year-old girls. And yet there are thousands and thousands of photos that do precisely that and it offends no one. If an owner were to give a Lusion Dahlia a mature face-up, and dress her in adult-like clothes, and call her a 'woman', I'm not sure where the consensus would stand. As it is, I think that perhaps we are more inclined to think of Lusion Dahlia as a 'child' because of her life-like size. I do wonder if she were a standard bjd size - say, SD10 size - if then her proportions/clothes/poses would strike the same chord with people? Perhaps if one is more familiar with both baby and toddler collector dolls, one is more inclined to think of Dahlia as such?

Just thinking out loud here.

But sorry...back to the main response! I can hardly wait to get her back with an SDink faceup, and I hope that Thistle might arrive by then so that I might photograph the two together...I guess I won't really know what sort of girls they're going to be until I've taken some photos :) I'm really looking forward to making clothes for them, as I think it might be a bit easier to find existing patterns, whether for children or other, larger dolls. The one thing I've discovered is that it's darn near impossible to find good 26mm eyes! I think I may end up going with Masterpiece, as they do make eyes that large in the color I'm looking for. I'm so glad to see that Dollmore has put up more eyes and wigs for Dahlia, and I can hardly wait to see what other Lusion molds they have waiting in the wings :aheartbea

16. I don't know. I find Dahlia's face and body very childlike, certainly compared to the SD10 and SD13 girls, who, though the makers might SAY represent children or young teenagers, clearly have adult bodies. I think people aren't offended by nude pictures of those dolls because they clearly look like adults. Dahlia really doesn't, but there's a similar adult, sensual feeling to her marketing photos, so I can see why this makes people uncomfortable.

Personally, I just think of her as an old soul in a young body, kind of like Claudia from Interview With a Vampire.

But, yeah, anyway, I can't wait to see more of her! I took a look at a thread of her someone had posted in the gallery, and her face is more appealing than I first thought. She's slowly winning me over...not good for my wallet, but oh well!

17. Ooooopppsss!

18. LOVE her!!Want one..but may get a Golden Dahlia and dress in antique clothing. MUST have a DAHLIA!!!!

19. jwsmith I asked on the Dollmore Q & A board if Thistle is sanded and body blushed and they replied that she does not come sanded and only her feet and hands are blushed.

20. Actually, dolls and children aren't the same thing!! Who knew?

I'm glad these are on topic now, though I'm not really into them myself (high price, very large size) but I know I'm going to enjoy seeing photos.

I'm not crazy about this particular face mold, but I look forward to seeing what DM comes out with next ^_^

Raven