1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Lusion Doll - Thistle Dahlia LE10

Jul 13, 2009

1. So glad someone said this! This is what I have been thinking about her, especially with the pictures of golden dahlia. I just finished reading that book, and when i first saw her i got the strongest Claudia vibe, lol. The creep factor kind of helps there too XD (which I love; I think the thistle shoot is GREAT!)

Not my cup of tea, based solely on size, but I think Thistle Dahlia is beautiful, and I can't wait to see what others will do with her. If she were smaller I would buy her in a heartbeat, as it is.... wahhh, she's so pretty! Oh dear...

2. You know, I'd always been willing to throw up $20K+ for an antique Jumeau if I ever found one, and had the funds, but I think Dahlia is gona fill that void for me. I like Dahlia's hands, hips, and legs very much, as well as her face shape. The Jumeau's not so much, but I wanted one to add to my collection for the sake of history, and knowing that I own one. Of course she would be loved as much as any of my kids, but I don't think I would appreciate her "value" (despite the $20K price tag) as much as I could Dahlia, just because I would enjoy her company more.

Thistle is lovely! I would love to have her, since I'd prefer the hands and feet to be blushed only, but I'm afraid I have thousands of dollars to pay in medical bills and I'll just have to wait for another time. :...(

3. I've ordered full body blushing on my Thistle, can't wait to see what they do!!

4. Spring: I have no clue, I will have to wait until I see her and then just start painting :lol:

OMG! I received Milk_eye's girl and let me tell you, in pics she looks huge but in person....EVEN HUGER!!!!!!! she is even bigger than I had imagined! I just started painting her and it is very odd but great fun to paint a head this size O_O I will post pics when I finish her.

5. She's a beautiful girl and all but she's just too expensive for me right now... maybe after graduation i can afford her XD

6. She's beautiful and I'm tempted. As others have mentioned, she bears similarities to other, much more expensive, dolls. My Dollshe Salubia is my "Jumeau" and Dahlia is a combination of all the best of my favorite types.

7. This thread is for the LE10 Thistle Dahlia.

If you want to talk about Lusion Dahlia in general or share links to Gallery posts you should probably be posting in this thread --> [thread=290017]over here[/thread]. ;)

8. Actually, I had a similar reaction to you in that she doesn't remind me of a toddler type doll. As I looked at the pictures I realized that she is more reminiscent of some of the "immature" mini girls, just blown up in size (and a lot of those minis are actually pretty versatile when it comes to age). She's supposed to be young, but there is the ability to look younger or older depending on presentation. I personally did not find the advertising to be particularly sexual in nature, though it would be nice to just have a clear nude shot there of the body--I think they were trying to be creative in their presentation while showing what they felt they needed to show.

She's a doll that I didn't think I would like, but am really impressed with. However, it's one of those cases where as neat as she is, she just wouldn't fit in anywhere with my group who are standard bjd sizes. However, I think the reason that I do like her as much as I do, is because I see the potential to be able to make her a little older--bump her up into an age group that I can relate to a little better (my 'immature' minis are not small children, either). I look forward to seeing people's photographs when they get her :)

9. wow she is an amazing doll, i love her look! i prefer her over golden and black Dahlia.

she would be too tall for me but i look forward to see pictures of her!

10. I ordered Thistle because she is so lovely and innocent looking and BIG. I've realized as I've collected BJD that I really like the big boys and girls. She also reminds me of my daughter. But a substantial factor is getting Thistle over the other Dahlia's is that she is limited. I always buy the dolls I want and it hasn't mattered if they were LE or not, but I thought that, this time, it might be a good thing to up the ante. Thistle is perfect for me. I fell in love with her when I saw her and that is 99% why I bought her (why I buy any doll). I guess I'm wondering what significance the LE thing has really? Is it just the outfit?

11. I was wondering the same thing. I ordered the Thistle version too, but I had a hard time deciding. I added body blushing and sanding too.

12. jwsmith I am looking forward to seeing Thistle completely blushed. Lets cross our fingers that our girls come home soon!

13. I just ordered the last one. I simply cannot wait to have her home, it was love at first sight for me with her despite her large size. :aheartbea

14. I got my Tracking number this morning, anyone else? I am so excited!

15. OOOhhh! I am so excited for you! And I am silly excited to see what you do with her!

My order status hasn't changed (I just checked). I'm crossing my fingers that changes soon.

16. Thistle is adorable, and the pictures of her seemed in my opinion to be a great deal more acceptable.
      She's adorable, and I love the pics they provide.
      Cograts and I hope to see many pictures!

17. Mine's here!!

Full gallery here

[​IMG]

18. Just checked my status and I have a tracking number! I bought some fabric for an outfit for her--I'd better get sewing.

19. I am so excited!!! I got an email my Thistle Lusion is shipped!! Does anyone know how to track her shipment?? Dollmore gave me an EMS link in the email they sent me, but it goes to a Dollmore admin page and I can't login to it. Did they send me the wrong link?? They sent me an EMS number. Please help!!!