1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Model boys! Lawrence, Huey & Sleeping Kyle

Sep 22, 2007

1. Ahh, I'm happy to see some pictures of Lawrence without a faceup! :D He's my favorite Dollmore doll by far, after I get Mars I'd like to get Lawrence next - I'm hoping to make a Kami (the late drummer of Japanese visual kei band Malice Mizer, RIP :( ) and I've always thought Lawrence would be the perfect base. I'm glad to see my opinion hasn't changed!

He's very lovely, congrats on him! Would love to see some more Lawrence love too :)

2. He really has a handsome profile. Can't wait to see him finished and looking his best.

3. ^

I agree. I really wanted to see his profile, thanks for posting^^

4. You are most welcome. I will be getting the pastels out this weekend and will post some more shots once he has a face.

5. Incidentally, has anyone tried sueding a Model boy? I am fed up of his default arm position being a sort of "I'm a little teapot" stance with bent elbows and limp wrists. The only alternative is to straighten the arms and lock the elbows, leading him to adopt a rather rigid robot/Frankenstein's Monster pose. There is nothing in between at the moment.

I am loathe to loosen his arm stringing as I suspect he will just go floppy. I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to solve this posing problem.

6. omg Lawrence looks so pretty :D :aheartbea I am going to get him within couple of months. Thanks for the non-faceup pics! Now I can see that he really is absolutely perfect for my plans.

7. Okey dokes. Face up duly done. The sculpt does have a lot of potential, although the oriental eyes are quite difficult to mask if you are trying to create a non-oriental character. The face is also quite broad and it is difficult to hide this as you can't pull the sides of a wig over his HUGE ears! LOVE his mouth, though, and his very masculine jaw line.

I would love to see what other people do with theirs.

Quick photo here

[​IMG]

8. To answer an earlier question: hot-glue sueding both his elbow joints would certainly solve the "teapot" problem. Works wonders with Dollshes. ^_^

Thanks for the pics of Owen, too! I've been looking for some since this guy came out!

9. Yes, thanks. As I already have a Saint, I am well-versed in sueding etc! In fact, I did him last night (hot glue sueded, wired and tightened the body stringing) and he certainly stands a whole lot better. Still a little on the teapot side and I might loosen his arm stringing in time. I just want to see how it loosens itself after a bit of playing.

10. Oh~ sorry. I didn't realize. :sweat

11. Oh! No, no! I didn't mean that as a criticism! Without suggestions such as these, I would never have realised that there was such thing as sueding in the first place. It just so happens that this is one of the few dolly skills that I have managed to master so far. You weren't to know that! So, thank you for your suggestion. Really!

12. Thanks! And don't worry, you didn't sound like you were criticizing in any way. ^_^

13. Smoking's bad.

14. I take it that you are referring to the promo pictures of Lawrence Owen. Don't worry. It is not compulsory to have one's Lawrence Owen taking a drag.

15. LOL! And good to know about the sueding. Lovely pictures too :)

16. Wahh. Sleeping Kyle is so pretty and ...girly. XD :D

17. Bump, I wanna see more Lawrence!! Anyone?? Pics please!!:love