1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore quality

Jul 19, 2007

1. Thank you so much to everyone!!! I haven't been able to look at any posts for a few days and I was so excited to get so much information!!
      I like knowing that they pose well...my mother has a ton of minifee's and those things are so darn kicky!! I know you can wire them but it's just not always an easy task!
      I"m set on a Torrie...I know it will take a while to save up but she's what I really want. I was going to get a MF Shushu...but my mom bought the elf version and since we always play together, it'll be nice to introduce something new to our combined BJD family!

Glace Leau- your Torrie is beautiful!!!!

2. I have a Dollmore Cherry Dream Torrie and she is great! They are beautiful dolls and I love the ears!! I did have to have her hot glue sueded and restrung so she would hold a pose. Dollheart clothes fit them great. a note.... the dollmore kids do have bigger feet so only buy shoes from dollmore that say they will fit the dollmore kids.

3. thanks to everyone!
      has anyone ever tried the friends 2b made clothes on them? my mother and i were thinking they would fit very well since they are a littler larger around than the mini's...i know the clothes are a little loose on the minis.

4. I have 2 shirts from f2bm that fit great and the panties fit too. Sometimes they get drawn up into the hip part, but I think all underwear except thongs will.

5. Thanks Chrystika...you're awesome!

6. Hello!

I have a question:
      How is the quality of Dollmore white skin resin. I saw pictures and I know it is really white! = :D
      BUT does it stay that way? Does it yellow over the years?
      Sadly dollmore doesn't sell white skin as basic but only in full sets. :(
      So I want to know this before I spend a lot of money on a skin colour.

Thanks!

7. I hope you get more responses, because I would like to know also. You might want to start a new thread with your question.

My Cherry Dream Torrie is still very white. I keep her secluded in a darkened room, No direct sunlight on her. I have only taken her out of the house to doll meets and to show my sister & niece. She is a only a year old so not sure how long it would take her to yellow. I have noticed that her interior head cap is noticeably whiter. She may just need a bath though. just so you know I live in a non smoking household.

8. Thanks!
      I have a year old white Leeke Bijou. But she had been noticeably yellowed over her arms and hands. :(
      I didn't darken my room. But kept her out of direct sunlight as most as possible.

I made this topic: Dollmore white resin quality

I have another question, I think you can answer it :) : do you know if dollmore write the exact price of the doll on the box?
      Then I know how much I must save for customs.

9. I know this is slightly off the topic but, I just recieved my first order from Dollmore - a wig, and two pairs of shoes. It went through fast! I placed the order on November 15th and I had it in my hands on November 22nd. They had even included a sweet, and a gift of a free pair of eyes that fit the doll I bought the wig for perfectly! (Although the shoes are HUGE - but that is my own fault for not reading the measurements carefully). I'm very impressed compared to the service I've received from other companies recently! :)

10. Id like to ask about the seem lines. What are they like unsanded? Are they very noticable?

11. I LOOOOOVE my DM Catish <D She's so amazing. But she's kicky, has hold myself-itis and facepalms if I don't make sure she's definitely posed. I could probably suede her, but I don't want to do that. I'm going to loosen her stringing eventually, So I would say definitely get some string because either you're gonna need it now, or you're gonna need it later.

BTW!!

Her head cap is tricky to latch on there because she's strung so tightly (said byebye to my finger nail last time I fiddled with that mess). but it's really nice, because I have a soom teenie I bought, which is held on by like... a mini magnet & a small built in latch type thing, and it comes off when I remove the wig XD SO I basically scalp the teenie.

Other than that, the body blushing is sooooo pretty <3 lol I really love that doll.

Nope nope. I can probably take some macros if you don't believe me, but it's not noticeable in pictures. Only if you seriously take the time to look will you be able to pick out that they aren't sanded.

Oh and mine is white skin (She's a dollmore nocturne catish ) soo... I donno on how it takes over the years -i've only had her since march - but... I'd say it scuffs easily. You should invest in a mr clean sponge thingy to clean them up, because i've got purple crayon on my doll's leg somehow (... I didn't know we had crayons in the house? ) and I really need to get one for myself... but yeah... scuffs easy and shows dirt easy. I'm pretty sure if you don't clean it, it'll turn green pretty too. =p

12. I love to use this as an example of posing with a Dollmore kid. It's a bit extreme, but it does show what they can do. This is my Dio, a Dollmore Kid Ujee. He really is a lot of fun. Now, has someone mentioned the thighs on this little guys? It can be a shock, like when I got the Calvin, I swore they put the wrong legs on him! That is what the second image is all about. Full size is here.. http://2otaku.deviantart.com/art/Mystery10-84119125 Click on this image to enlarge.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I love these little guys so much, I have 2!

13. I have a DM Shiloh and their resin is really nice quality. Also, she is in white skin and it is a very starch white that appears almost blueish to me sometimes. YES, THEY HAVE REALLY THICK THIGHS. Atleast compared to most dolls. Lol I really like their legs though, they are very pretty to me.

So far, I've exposed little Eudora to the sun multiple times and I'm not quite sure if her face is yellowing or if its her faceup. I dont know, but I do notice a difference in the face and I've only had her for three months.

The one thing I would complain about is their posing ability. They are single jointed so doing anything more complicated than standing with crossed arms is difficult. (In my experience, clearly 2otaku is having no trouble.)

14. Got my Dollpire Kid Shiloh boy a little over a week ago and I have to agree with PoptartFromHell. The single jointed legs drive me crazy. The arms are better, as the elbows are double jointed. The Ballerina Kid is much better at posing, but then she has special hip joints that allow extreme extension, along with the holding power to keep the pose.

I also have four Judith Girls whose posing is phenomenal! The only thing that interferes with their mobility is their costumes. If they are wearing something that doesn't confine them, you can literally lower them onto a flat surface and they fall into a graceful pose. Arms and legs are double jointed, there are extra joints in the torso, and they have swivel joints in their upper arms and thighs that allow them to mimic human poses.

The resin quality of all these dolls is excellent--and that goes for Dollmore's customer service, too. They're an awesome company.