1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Thanks! :) Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me - it didn't even stop after it reached more than the total LE number. I quit at 13...

2. I had it do that to me once too! But I just tried it and it stopped at 7 out of 10. Are you doing it on a PC or a cellphone?

3. PC! I'll go try it on my cell...

Well, poo. Same thing. Maybe it just does that if none have sold so far? I guess I'll just have to make a decision sooner rather than later!

#463 celga, Jul 28, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    4. start with the most they made.... and then lop of 5 don't keep doing 'add one' ...
      If it said 15 made ... try that if it lets you... none sold yet... but iff even one sold you will get the 'insufficient stock' message.
      Then drop 5 from the #... it takes less time and you don't have to add one at a time.

btw... you can add a doll past the # made occasionally ... I think 100 ppl could add the same doll to a cart and they all could until someone actually PAYS for one lol Unless that changed.

5. Okay, I gave that a try and it let me put in the full number, so none sold yet...and then I tried it on another that I KNOW at least two people have bought, and it let me put in the full number again. This is not going well for me. Maybe it's a browser issue. :sweat

Edit: Finally! It worked in Chrome. There are three left...the pressure is off, lol

#465 celga, Jul 28, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    6. oh yeah browsers.... some sites are really finicky about that lol

7. Back to share my Edna, now known as Astrid. She's wearing the clothes I made using a 1/2 scale mannequin, with tweaking. I do wish I'd paid attention to the comments about the hands...Everything was perfect until I got into the coat sleeves. Had to remove her hands to get the coat on and I am so not looking forward to restringing, if and when.

[​IMG]May I sit here by Astrid Llewellyn, on Flickr

e Layover Cafe by Astrid Llewellyn, on Flickr

8. @Mme. Modjeska She looks amazing! That coat looks fantastic on her

9. Omg @Mme. Modjeska , she's lovely! And your sewing is so good! Are those kid's glasses? They fit her perfectly

10. Thank you! :blush I felt kind of sorry for her, we had a heat wave here and it made me sweat just looking at the coat. As it was, I've had her for two weeks and it was too miserable to go outside.

Those glasses were from a teddy bear; I was never able to fit them on anyone until now. Hoarding pays off (sometimes).

11. @Mme. Modjesk Your Edna is lovely, I love her outfit. :) Where do you get a 1/2 scale mannequin or did you make one?

I was wondering if any Lumie owners can tell me what eye sizes she can wear? Dollmore officially says 28mm, but I'm curious what's the smallest size anyone has been able to get her to wear without gaps and such.

12. 28mm makes her look younger and more innocent, but I put Tori in 26mm before and they make her look more like a tweenager.

Any smaller than that and you might experience gapping. But also, I think even smaller irises might make her look a little TOO wide-eyed.

[​IMG]FashionShow04 by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

13. @QuietYurei - The mannequin is a size 6 from PGM. Etsy also has a pattern? Kit? for making one, too. The catch is, it's not quite tall enough for Trinities but the measurements are nearly perfect.

@Stormlight - I was curious about eye possibilities too; I have some 26mm that I would love to try. Love the way the color and the outfit synced up, too. Do you find it easier to get even eye placement with larger eyes as opposed to say 14mm-18mm?
      There are some in my tribe that are cockeyed to this day. I tell myself I like it...

14. I don’t think larger sizes are any easier or harder to adjust than smaller sizes. I guess the good thing is that in a larger head there’s more room to maneuver whereas in smaller heads it gets a little crowded trying to position the eyes, especially if they’re acrylics with stems.

15. I had always wanted a Trinity but I needed one that clicked. I find the doll size exciting and new but I did not think of getting one because I didnt like a fullset doll + head combo or couldnt find an outfit I liked enough to get one to keep as default (I read these threads, dressing them up does not seem as easy as the smaller dolls XD)

Some very kind person let me join her split for an outfit Im in love with (Reviens Lumie) so I just applied for a layaway on Marienne and the jointed hands....:chomp::chomp:

@Mme. Modjeska Astrid is wonderful :love
      I love all the cheerful colors on her, perfect for summer
      What I do with my iplehouse dolls is that I use a small plastic saran wrap, and wrap it around the hand. Then I can put shirt on and off without the fingers getting caught. Im not sure if it would work on her size, but its a thought

About the eyes, have you thought about trying acrylic eyes? Those hold better in the putty and Dollmore has really cool DIY acrylic eyes. In those larger sizes, I imagine its fun to customize to look exactly like you want it. I want to get some but Marienne has 22mm eyes but they do not have in her size.

@Stormlight with the smaller eyes, she looks very wide eyed and similar to the Mark Ryden art work

I love Marienne's face a lot, her Seol-a, Mio and Ha-seol are my favorite Dollmore sculpts. They made an Illua line (A smaller version of the Illusion dolls) and I wonder if they would make the Trinity girls in SD size some day too, to be in scale with the MSD sized Illua's. I think the Trinity bodies would look beautiful in SD size

16. Congrats on taking the plunge, @GreenTeaSlug !! :D Marienne is a great choice

I think I'm honestly flip flopping which head I want... :...( I'm getting Elysia and Lumie, but honestly I'm so curious about Marienne, and there are some Kate and Klaire faceups out there that I think look perfect. At least I still have a long time to go before my layaway is paid off. I'm hoping (but pretty sure) that Dollmore will let me switch what I'm buying, if needed. Maybe something will be released in the near future that I'll find irresistible

Speaking of Kate, did you guys see someone on the Facebook lusion/trinity group posted a pic of a Kate fullest we've never seen before? I'll link directly to it, but I have no idea what the privacy settings are, especially if you aren't in the group:

Dollmore Lusion and Trinity

Very cute!

17. @Xila Thank you :)
      I like her white dress, but Ill be dressing her in all black once she gets here lol
      I really wish they would sell some of the clothing separately. I wouldnt have gotten Marienne if I hadnt found an outfit I liked, and luckily I came across a split and a black outfit was available. I would be so happy if they sold the La sorciere du sang bleu Elysia outfit though, its perfect.

I know what you mean about the faceups... I asked if it was possible to have Restful Klaire's faceup on Marienne or a model doll I was going to get in the future and they said they dont switch or accept custom makeups of limited faceups because it would be unfair to those who purchased the limited dolls. I can choose & switch faceups from basic dolls or request a custom faceup but that does not include any of the faceups on their limited dolls.

Im sure they can switch whatever head you need, but only if the layaway isnt completed, because they dont start production until the full payment is received from what I was told. Im not sure if they will let you switch a fullset limited doll, but it doesnt hurt to ask, they are very nice.

Im trying to finish my layaway for Marienne ASAP so if you want, you can make your decision after seeing IRL pictures of her? Im changing her to a blonde wig and dress her in the all black dress I joined the split for. Im also going to alter her fullset once I find some suitable silk ribbon sizes, and change up her dress a bit to include pink silk roses to make it look more romantic, because it kind of looks like a wedding dress as is.

That group is for members only XD I had a facebook under my first real name and a fake last name but I dont feel comfortable on facebook as much as other places so I just abandoned it. Is it a new coming Kate, or a prototype Kate?

Which Elysia and Lumie are you getting?

18. @GreenTeaSlug
      I have Sugar Amnesia Elysia on layaway, and the Lumie is just a blank extra head. I'm nearly certain I'm going to swap Lumie for Marienne, though. I should've gone with my gut on that one :P and if a new fullset comes out that I really like, I cant say that Elysia would be safe, either. I ended up with sugar amnesia through process of elimination (and seng bleu was my other top choice!)

As far as I know, the picture is of a coming outfit, at least? If not a new fullset for kate? I'm not super sure, the picture didn't offer a lot of context. It's a photo of a dollmore booth at a con or something. I definitely understand not being comfortable on facebook, though!

I would love to see owner pictures of Marienne! I think you're correct, where they don't start casting an order until it's paid in full, and then casting time is something like 3 months (slightly more for trinities). Her original fullest is very lovely! She came out almost 3 months ago to the day, so anyone who paid in full for original Marienne when she first came out should be getting her soon. I hope that's at least one person! I really want to see her!

19. The new outfit everyone is mentioning is more or less a preview of a new Trinity. Kate I believe... displayed at a show somewhere... Most of these girls first appear this way.... here she is.. I know how to get the pics lol

[​IMG]

20. Now we can all die lol... i don't want (Can't get) a new doll but OMG i NEED that outfit! a light colored period dress is a .... yeah want lol