1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Thank you @Lady Tiku ! That's the one! I considered trying to cross-post the pic, but it did not go well with the public transportation and phone use :lol:

I'm really happy to see a more natural faceup on kate. Her more bold looks are great, but imo the sculpt really shines with a simple aesthetic.

This outfit seems a little more simple than previous sets they've made (in terms of less embellish, featuring only one main fabric), but I think it suits the look. It would look cute next to the new Reviens Lumie!

2. I asked a similar question ages ago and got more or less the same answer - I wanted a lighter version of the limited faceup, or no faceup at all and to be charged a bit less (totally reasonable, imo) - and got told no go, the limited has to be exactly as pictured, and even if they'd agree to skip the faceup, I'd still pay the same price for a blank limited Trinity as one with faceup and full blushing
      The part that burns me is that Every. Single. Trinity. Sculpt. (except for Jude) is only released as limited and for how much these girls cost I feel like asking for a faceup you actually like - or to not be charged for services you aren't receiving - isn't unreasonable :sigh

3. Agreed! I was on the verge of buying one of these girls, and the only thing I didn't like was the heavy gloss on her lips - but I got the same answer: no can do. Really? At that price, you can't make a minor change? I'm too stubborn to pay to have someone else remove the faceup and start again, so sadly, I won't be bringing her home. It doesn't seem like a very financially sound protocol to me, but oh, well, what do I know...maybe someday they'll produce one whose makeup and outfit both seem perfect to me. (And after all these years of eyeballing Trinities, I was this close! My bank account is happy, at least. :XD:)

4. i agree with them sticking to their rules about "limited".... i mean if you can change it or get it on other dolls it isn't really limited is it? defeats the purpose of 'limited' if you do this. I mean it didn't take me long to realize there is not too much 'limited' about actual Iplehouse dolls (i use this example as i have them and some experience of them)... In the case of nearly any limited IP doll (that has not been retired or in some cases resin formula altered), the only thing that is actually "limited" is the outfits. The sculpts can be acquired still and often so can the make up.... not so limited... THIS I think is what DM is trying to avoid.

5. To me, that's kind of the point. These dolls are not limited - their outfits are. When LLT makes a written promise never to make Black Pearl again after his production run, that's a limited doll, whether one bought him with or without a faceup. Considering that this hobby is all about customizing, the likelihood that many of the Trinities will eventually be wiped and redone is high, so the concept of a faceup making a doll limited seems a little silly as far as I'm concerned. The fact that they're perfectly willing to sell them blank says as much, and adding less gloss to the lips doesn't make a difference one way or the other, except to the purchaser who doesn't like heavy gloss.

6. The simplest and most straightforward solution if they want to continue to be draconian about the whole "limited" thing is for DM to actually start offering their Trinity sculpts as basics - like they do with their Model Doll line. Then people like me and @celga aren't stuck waiting and hoping that they decide to release the perfect limited so we actually get the whole value of the purchase price

7. @Xila Shes a beautiful one!
      All those metallics in her outfit remind me of the mirror queen from Snow White :love

I think I know understand what you mean about the muted faceup. I love strong makeup but on Kate you are right, her sculpt shows better with a softer makeup. I really love her dress, its simpler and I love that there isnt 10 different types of lace and tulle on the dress lol...

@Lady Tiku I should have known you would have more information on her!
      Lets hope Dollmore releases the dress as an LE alone like they did for some of the Trinity girls

I had to ask Dollmore about her and this is what they had to say

"We exhibited trinity doll kate wearing pink dress in Dollfree market show on August, 24th and 25th in Seoul.
      I am very happy to know that you love that pink dress.
      We plan to develop a new trinity doll wearing that pink dress in near future.
      However, we do not know when we are able to develop a new trinity doll wearing pink dress at present.
      Our clothes designer is revising details to that pink dress. :)"

@celga which Trinity were you eyeing?
      Im disappointed to hear that Dollmore wont keep her lips matte, even at a small cost. Its not like you are adding an extra step... you are asking to remove one final touch. Im guessing the artists is outsourced and when they planned those faceups, they have a template to go with, but still I understand how frustrating it is to have eveyrhting perfect, but its just one tiny thing thats amiss. Im not sure if this will be helpful, but I had an iplehouse with gloss on his lips that I decided I didnt like, so I cut a hole on a tissue as big as his mouth and used sealant so it would only focus on his lips. I just used light sprays, let dry for 24 hours and then did another layer. For some reason, the mattifying effect took time to show, so its better to let it work its magic than spray again an hour later from my experience.

@Girrl I feel like the dress up series should have been basic dolls, it would have been perfect. They are in their under garments so it would make sense, but maybe its an issue with the fabric availability making those limited, or perhaps they added the limited part to make people take action before their doll goes away. I think out of all their dolls, the only ones I see being purchased recently are their Trinity and Lusion dolls. I dont see any mention of any other Doll more doll line being purchased recently in the waiting rooms or discussion threads.

I personally did not get a trinity earlier because I didnt like the fullset outfit tied to the doll, and I didnt like that the clothing options were either human children's wear or a basic outfit (an adult single male walking through a children's clothing aisle, not something I feel comfortable putting myself through if I want more adult looking clothes. Can you imagine talking to the sales person looking for a nightgown or an evening dress for a child?! :barf but its for my doll, I promise!!!!:barf:barf:barf)

I hope I come across splits or someone willing to sell Revolution, La sorcière du sang bleu, Belladonna Requiem or Persona Pathos outfit but I wouldnt hold my breathe seeing how very little clothing there is available. Im just lucky to have the new Lumie's outfit which I really love

8. I'm also in the "getting a dollmore faceup (but wouldn't if i reasonably couldn't)" camp. Their faceups are pretty, but not my style. I'm thinking I can maybe try adding onto it, but I'll likely end up wiping it. At this point, I just want a Trinity; I'm willing to take the loss... which I realize isn't a great ultimatum to have to make your customers come to :sigh

Applying a new MSC/sealant layer over the gloss is a great idea! I hadn't even thought of it

I was thinking the same thing about "dress-up" and "soft light, restful" series. Finding trinity splits is tough, I've only eeen an outfit or two floating around for sale, on facebook

And I feel the same way about wandering the kid's section-- I have a made-up niece I'm ready to talk about, if anyone asks :sweat with Christmas and US Thanksgiving coming up, finding some more classy little kid dresses might get easier

9. @GreenTeaSlug I have this thing for the Asian stories of the multitailed fox, so I was hoping to get that version of Klaire. But the super shiny, "don't you like my pretty gloss, I look so cute and buy it at Walmart" lips don't really fit the mythos of that darkly conniving and decidedly morally ambiguous creature. I'd much rather have Soft Light Klaire's lips on that girl, but I'd settle for just a lot less goop. Apparently that is not worth the price of a sale to DM, though, so I'll stubbornly keep waiting until the end of time or until they come up with an outfit, doll and faceup that all work together for me - whichever comes first. :lol:

Exactly! And amen!

Edit @GreenTeaSlug Do a search on Google for "toddler evening gown"...you will not believe the results!

#489 celga, Aug 30, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    10. to me asking them to 'alter' a limited face up (those for the big dolls ARE limited at DM) would be like going into and art gallery and saying you 'want to buy x painting but can you tell the artist to add more foliage over here'

11. does the artist in the gallery paint 10 exact copies of the painting to order? (and also, your example does happen, fairly regularly. it's happened to my friends. it's called painting on commission: you do what the client wants)
      The point remains that offering non-limited versions of these girls makes a lot of sense and would get them a fair number more sales, based on what people in this thread are saying

12. Dollmore is really strict when it comes to alter a fullset - even the accessories which come with a Trinity.
      Example: when I got my Lusion Daish, they included a free gift wig. It was the default wig which comes with the Trinity Elysia Sang Bleu (which I wanted to order next at that time). I asked them if they could change the included wig of Elysia's fullset to another since they already sent me this one with Daish. Answer was "no", they won't change a fullset, but they offered to include another fee gift wig with her which I could choose. Very kind offer, but still I got 2 of the same huge wig now :D

13. I think with all the freebies Dollmore sends with their big girls--something very few other companies will do--it's worth the hassle of getting a face-up that isn't quite what you want.

Given the fact that I was given a Trinity stand with the last Trinity I bought plus an $80 sword, I'm willing to accept their constraints on limited sets.

14. @Stormlight does dollmore really give out stuff like that? :aeyepop: I've heard they give extras, but I've only ever seen people with an extra wig and undergarments! It would be super cool to receive something like that! I'd be totally stoked! I need to prowl the internet for some more trinity box openings

15. I think that might have been a special circumstance, honestly. I'd ordered her and then picked her up at Dollism in New York back in 2014. She was displayed all during the show and afterward they gave me the stand. They probably didn't want to ship the extra weight back to Korea. lol I'm pretty sure it was one of their display stands to start with, not brand new. Still, a $125 stand, even used, is still an expensive gift.

They also handed me one of the metal swords they were selling at the booth, valued at $80. Normally, clothes wigs and eyes are what I also get with a purchase. Still way more than I've ever gotten from any other BJD company I've ordered from.

16. Does anyone know where to find a SADDLE stand that will hold up under a Trinity's weight?

I'm tired of having to force her into the stand that goes around her bust that means her dress can't lie flat and always pinches my fingers when I put her on or take her off.

17. @Layn I dont have my trinity yet, but I agree with the sentiment that a saddle stand would suit them. I know someone with a trinity built their own. They're cenniedolls on Instagram; not sure if they have the corresponding account here, so I won't tag them. I was intending to DIY my own as well, though I'm not experienced with that kind of stuff :sweat in terms of buying one? I wish I knew

18. I have saddle stands for all my other dolls and I wish Dollmore would make one for the big girls. I have custom made ones for my 80cm girls, maybe I’ll have to figure out how to make one for trinity.

In other news, my Eugenia is out for delivery today! I’ll post pics once she’s here.

19. I’ve wanted a saddle stand for ages. I’m really hoping Dollmore might design one someday. Maybe if all the Trinity owners message them asking if they’ll make a saddle stand big enough for a Trinity they’ll get it into their heads to start selling one?

It’s nice to dream anyway. lol

In other news, I managed to snag this gorgeous set from someone on Facebook a couple months back. It suits Michaela well

[​IMG]Untitled by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

20. YAY @hannaliten ! Congrats! That's so exciting, I cant wait to see her!

Shes beautiful, @Stormlight ! Thags one of my favorite trinity outfits, and she wears it so well!

I made my 3rd payment for my girl yesterday. Still so long to go :( (12 month layaway)