1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Hallo, everyone!

I'm invading this thread because I'm about two steps away from putting a Trinity on layaway! I've been itching to have one since my experience at a doll-meet...and my weird love for Fatal Frame.

Anyway...
      What's the worst part about owning a Trinity for you?

2. @TealTea mine is still on layaway, so I have no answers for you, but welcome, and congratulations!!! I'm *anticipating* the worst part to be a lack of more advanced standing balance, but we'll see.

3. @Xila
      Oooh! Congrats! Which one are you getting?! I can see that; they are bigger and I have noticed most of my bigger dolls aren't well balanced without a stand.

4. My two girls sit!

5. handling her weight.. A child of the same weight is more compact... but these girls height makes the weight more awkward. And the 'tall bed' I used to dress her on i got rid of. Find a good 'working surface' that is at a decent height and it helps. Oh and when you finally figure out her sizing for kids clothing/shes... you need to watch your spending LOL

6. @Lady Tiku
      Thank you! The latter part will be a challenge for sure! I am hoping to get my sewing craft started once I have her, so maybe that will help. Or make it worse. XD

7. lol it will make it WORSE... cuz you can add the 'almost fits' to the pile cuz you and 'tit it to her LOL I do not sew... so one less 'temptation' lol
      0-3 months for tops btw :P same size 'pants' make good capri's lol My fave 'set'
      [​IMG]P1020297 by DoA Lady Tiku, on Flickr

8. Not being able to find a good saddle stand for her is my current least favorite thing.

I got her with dreams of making fancy dresses with skirts that are layers of draped fabric, but if I can't put her on a saddle stand, I can't do that!

9. @TealTea I'm getting Sugar Amnesia Elysia with an extra Marienne head! And an assortment of other things... heel feet, jointed hands, etc. Going hard on a year-long layaway :P

I have a specific style in mind for mine (and it isnt modern), so I'm really hoping it will stop the temptation to spend money on random kids clothes I find! But I have been crawling ebay for extra-long infant baptism gowns... that's a mighty deep rabbit hole

10. Baby clothes are definitely a rabbit hole! I have bought a lot of things and only like a few! Here is one that works:
      [​IMG]

You have to look for things with a style that works for an adult!

#510 nancy_schroeder_ca, Sep 19, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    11. That's beautiful, @nancy_schroeder_ca ! The pink detail looks very nice on her. Is that a long 0-3month gown, or a toddler/kid's dress?

Quick question for the owners: Dollmore says their shoulder width is 14cm. Is that just the width of the torso piece, or does it include the shoulders? What is the width of the shoulders, including the shoulder balls?

12. I believe that is a 12 month. It is a long baby dress. I find 0-6 month clothes to be too tight.

my Elysia's should width wit arms is 21cm.

13. I’ve found size 12 month to 24 month works best for Trinity. 12 month and smaller works for Lusions. The Trinity’s tiny waist is a problem for pants and skirts though. They’re a lot skinnier around than roly-poly babies! So I stick to 12 months for skirts and (stretchy) pants. Although! I did buy a pair of newborn-size pants that make perfect short-shorts for Trinity.

And! Finally got around to trying the goth set and one of the new wigs I’d bought on Victoria. She looks good in black! Too bad it’ll stain her to kingdom come if I leave it on for too long. I took it off her again once pics were taken.

[​IMG]Goth Loli Victoria by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

14. @Layn A sturdy saddle stand is something that I would be interested in too!
      Would anyone here be interested in a saddle stand for their Trinity dolls? I want to send them as a suggestion to Dollmore, but I feel it would only be fair if theres a decent number of us willing to actually purchase it once it becomes available.

It does seem more sturdier, and something that I feel would add beauty and realism to the dolls because it hides the stand better (a long dress/ skirt hides the pole and base better, vs a clamp around the waist

@Xila Congratulations, the Sugar Amnesia doll is very beautiful, and her dress is one of my favorites :)
      I love the aesthetic you just described, will you be aging her dress to go with the vintage look, or keep it as is?

@nancy_schroeder_ca you are always so helpful with your replies, or maybe I should change helpful to enabling XD
      I placed my order for Trinity Marienne with the jointed hands, I loved that comparison posted you some time ago, I feel the smaller jointed hand fits Marienne's face better and it looks natural on the Trinity body. The blushing on your jointed hands is beautiful, too bad Dollmore doesnt offer it anymore - so that makes your jointed hands extra special :)

@Stormlight She looks amazing in that pale skin, dark dress with pale hair combination!
      I know for some dolls, like dollfie dreams, they make full bodysuits in a similar skintone to save their dolls from staining.
      Im thinking I will do something similar once my Marienne arrives, I love the dark dresses a lot and yours looks so nice on her, like it was on her by default

Im probably very late to say this, but I saw the pink and a black version of the dress being sold on Dollmore, the same Pink we saw on Kate earlier. Im glad Dollmore is making their dolls clothes, because not having clothing makes me not want to buy this size of doll (I looked up the toddler evening gowns mentioned earlier, very cute for dolls, but those kids look 5 at least, and I dont think they would fit Trinity, 12 month old kids dont wear evening dresses I dont think!!!) I think Ill stick to Dollmore official releases for my doll long dress wardrobe lol

I think someone at Dollmore really likes the movie Crimson Peak (such good taste, its an amazing movie!!), there are so many dresses from that movie and the new dresses named Pink Peak and Gold Peak confirms it for me XD

15. Thank you @GreenTeaSlug ! I'm going to try to keep it white! :) I'm thinking I'm going to end somewhere around the "lolita meets Victorian" aesthetic, and those lacy long gowns are a good start it seems. I got my first one the other day! The lace detail is beautiful, but simple

Shes amazing, @Stormlight ! I love the lilac hair with the black.

Has everyone heard the talk about Dollmore making a boy Trinity??? One of the sculptors is asking for ideas!
      Eunyoung Lee

I'm thinking I'll be safe... I like a very small handful of dollmore girls, but no dollmore boys. If they go for a younger boy look, I'll definitely be safe. Not that I wouldn't like the idea of an even bigger doll.

16. I would certainly buy one, and I must say, the fact that one is not available makes me much less likely to ever buy another Trinity in the future. I was so excited to make frilly dresses for Kate... but the stand Dollmore sells warps her fullset outfit so much when I stand her on it I have absolutely no inspiration to make anything for her.

17. @Layn, I feared that would happen with the waist stand. I did order it with my coming Trinity, but if its going to bunch up the dress, I think I would just get a small nice side chair or stool for her to sit on to keep a bit of that elegant look going on.

It would have been nice to see if more people wanted a saddle stand for their dolls, to make them look like they are standing without aid when wearing dresses, but Ill go ahead and send them a message. Maybe they will put it into consideration since they listen to customers but it would be extra encouraging if others were interested too.

Im sure others have seen her, but for those who have missed, theres a new Kate and shes very very very pretty
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

Im glad the dimple less is a one off and that they wont change all upcoming Kates, because that dimple looks very nice and I really miss seeing it on her now that shes without it! It would have been cool if they offered a dimple version of the head, but thats the appeal of the limited I guess. I love cleft chins, its so rare to see on female dolls, let alone, dolls in general.

I keep looking at her and the coloring, and thinking how amazing she would look if she were in tan (which i dont think is viable with how expensive it would be on a doll of that size!) but the coloring of the makeup and dress, with her face would look so pretty with a darker skin, like Esmeralda!

18. I ordered my Eugenia with the hopes of making frilly dresses as well. She said nope, she’s quite a punk after all. I am working on a large chest tattoo for her and I just gave her several piercings.

19. Does anyone know if there are any places to get 13/14 wigs in interesting fantasy color combinations, etc besides the Dollmore website? I can't seem to find anyone else besides Monique wigs, who are usually in baby or victorian styles, neither of which I am looking for. I can always try to tackle some wig making myself, but would prefer to buy them.

@GreenTeaSlug Sometimes with doll stands you can get away with pushing them down to the hip level instead of waist. The website says you can change the width, even though the picture doesn't look like it. I'm not sure this is possible but I'll give it a try when my Lumie gets here. If so, it would allow you to sneak a stand under dresses that aren't tight.

20. @QuietYurei Have you tried contacting SophyMolly to ask if she'll do one that large? She seems to make just about any style in any color, and as far as I know, any size. Her wigs are lovely, and her custom order is usually open. Or if she's too pricey for you, just search Trinity bjd wig on Etsy, and you'll get a few colorful hits.