1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. I'll have to keep both of those in mind. I like the mohair but I don't even think the hair grows long enough for my length preference. I might just try to custom order some of those synthetic blends I saw on etsy. From what I can see, the brand My Twinn wigs might fit trinity girls. Gives me more options to work with :)

Then that just kind of leaves clothes. What kind of clothing would you guys be most interested in? I'm not even sure if Dollmore has plans for other clothing besides their basic pieces and then totally elaborate sets.

2. @Layn you may have been asked this, but I don't remember... Have you ever considered making your own Trinity saddle stand? I've been doing some research, because I plan to do that. It doesn't seem *too* hard... obtaining and maneuvering a big base seems to be the hard part. For the saddle itself, I've seen a few tutorials where they basically make a figure-8-like shape with sturdy wire, then pad it and cover it with cloth. If you get the height right, you can get away with using a thick dowel as the height portion, and not have to figure out or fiddle with telescopic rods... I'm kicking around some ideas, I can let you know how it goes if I end up successfully making something! :evilplot:

@QuietYurei I'm personally interested in the extravagant sets and frilly whatnots, but I know that's not necessarily the Trinity owner consensus!

EDIT feb 17 2020: currently having a bad time with EternityLand. Sigh. Editing these posts so it doesnt seem like a recommendation

I actually have two dresses on order from EternityLand (Including the beautiful Poem of Hydrangea set they posted here not too long ago... the other dress I've ordered isn't on their etsy, as they offered it to me in private)

I've also considered ordering dresses from websites that sell luxury children's clothing, like Mia Bambina, Alexandrina, and Kingdom Boutique. A lot of their front-runner items are a bit over-the-top, but if you dig around, you can find some very classy and elegant things. The prices are absolutely nothing like picking up some regular kids clothes from a regular store, but specialty Trinity-made dresses are actually about this price, if not more expensive, so hey, might as well toss in the thought.

I do have a pinterest board for my Trinity's potential aesthetic, but it's a hot mess and in dire need of tidying-up! Having something ridiculously complicated to think about and plan helps me pass the time... I just hit the halfway point of my year-long layaway, by the way! :blush

#522 Xila, Dec 27, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    3. Yes, please let me know how it turns out! I've been considering making my own myself, but have been stuck on how to join the pieces together (my woodworking abilities are non existent).

4. New Klaire! And gosh, what a beauty

Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

I wish we had been given some help seeing that outfit, though. I'm sure it has plenty of details, but it just looks like a plain dress :(

As I've said before, though, I adore more natural and subtle makeup looks on Klaire!

5. I actually prefer bolder, darker shades for Klaire’s faceups. She has such a mature look to her sculpt that soft faceups and more Lolita-ish costuming like what she’s wearing there doesn’t really suit her. She looks like a 20-something woman trying to pass off as a teenager or something.

6. wonder why they say the girls are 110cm.
      we measured the girl of a friend (white Jude) and she is 98cm
      do they calculate heel feeet und wig on?

7. Hello!
      I’m so excited, I’ve finally took the plunge and started a Layaway for my own Lumie, I’ve been longing for one for several years now, she’s the perfect aesthetic I’d want for a doll of this size, mature, but in a “Doll-ish” sort of way if that makes any sense!
      I can’t wait to do all the fun Trinity doll things I can think of like:
      1.) Taking photos of her in comparison to my other various smaller scaled dolls.
      2.) Collecting a variety of human wigs for her in all sorts of colors and styles. I’ve always wanted to dye and style human wigs!
      3.)Sew things for her but also go into Target and buy her some kids clothes and shoes too. I’d love to collect DollMores Trinity clothes and shoes also!
      4.) Display her in a beautiful wood and glass cabinet.
      5.). Start a size 28mm eye collection!
      6.) Attempt to suede her joints with a traditional full coverage sueding of some kind!

I’m doing a 12 month layaway through Fabric Friends and Dolls for Blue Riding Hood Lumie, picture below is DollMore’s!
      [​IMG]

8. oh soooooooooo jelly right now. If i didn't have my trinty THAT is the one i would want... still want the outfit...maybe some day someone will want to part with one lol

9. Major congrats! I think Lumie is the prettiest face sculpt they have. I didn’t think human wigs fit these dolls, though? Can someone confirm because that would be really cool.

10. No, they don’t fit human size wigs.

11. Bummer. Thank you.

12. I beleive you can still get human hair doll wfigs but thgey are pricey.

13. It’s very possible the Trinity I saw in a human wig was wearing a child’s wig? Like from a child’s Halloween outfit?
      But I’m absolutely in love with the faceup on this Lumie especially. And it’s a full set I wouldn’t mind her staying in as well which is nice!

14. A child's wig would be too big and a Halloween wig would not be made of human hair. What style was the wig?

15. There used to be a site called Dollsmanepage that sold doll wigs made of human hair. My girls wear them. They’re gorgeous (expensive) wigs and they’re made differently than the usual doll wigs, with the hair being sewn in by strand as opposed to sewn in strips.

Unfortunately the site shut down a few years ago. But I believe Dollmore has one or two human-hair wigs available for Trinity. Theirs don’t seem to lay as nice and look thicker and not as well-made, though.

Here’s a pic of Michaela in her wig. It’s a really nice, heavy weight. It lays so naturally.

[​IMG]Michaela by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

#535 Stormlight, Feb 5, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    16. Monique does make some human hair wigs and is having a winter sale. Human Hair Wigs Archives - Audrey's Dolls

Global dolls also made human hair but I don't find a site at the moment. They have one long black wig on ebay.

ps. Dollsmane wigs are wonderful.

17. Oooo I didn’t realize they had human hair wigs! I might have to check that out.

18. Welcome, welcome, @Sighthoundlady ! Wonderful choice, I completely agree with the aesthetic, and I came so close to picking Lumie for exactly that reason (I went for Marienne, since I felt she had a lot of those same qualities, but edged more towards realism, which I prefer)

And @greeneyed-soul I do believe they measure them with the heel feet. They used to be advertised as 104 cm before the heel feet came into existence, and now they're advertised as 110.

19. It depends on the doll... if the 'flat' feet are default then 105 ... if the heel feet are default then 110

20. That's true! Some do have flat feet with the shorter height

Layaway payment went out today... 4 more left. I wish I could just pay her off! :...( but, real-life expenses come first, and I've had many of them lately. Sigh!