1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Just dropping in to see if any Trinity owners know if the normal flat shoes can fit on the high heel feet at all? I was wondering if I could get away with it or if I'll need to get the flat feet. :P

2. I doubt the heeled feet will fit the flat shoes. You’ll probably need to buy flat feet for her to fit them.

3. you need to get flat feet ... it's like when they put 'flat shoes' on old barbie heel feet .... just no.

4. Ok, thought so. I have squeezed normal shoes on other high heel dolls, but yeah, figured it was a long shot.

5. My new work Daenery's outfit from "Game of Thrones" sewed by me (Ausra's Vampires Fashion). I am very big fan of Daenerys and her dragons <3 I need to wait the white wig for her!

My cat: MiauMiau Miaumioras de Putlius

My Nuada (Dollmore Sanglant Kate)

[​IMG]

Targaryen flag stand is made by my husband, but dragon head (from Dragonstone) Is created by Fotis Mint! The artist forbids the use of his work for commercial purposes, so I stress this is not for sale, not for commercial purposes! And it's just for me! My husband made the flag stand for only me from the heart and hopefully the artist will not be angry.
      3D Printable Dragonstone Gate Statue - Game of Thrones by Fotis Mint

6. That's really gorgeous. :love Do you make your own patterns and such?

7. That's a very beautiful dress, @Ausra ! I always love how the Trinity girls can look so much more or less mature just based on how they're styled. She looks so adult and elegant, while some of the Trinities here look more childlike and innocent :D I love seeing how people have their girls styled!

8. A Trinity Doll Kate has just become my new grail doll. They look like incredible dolls. A Kate with the "My Agnes" Eugenia clothing set would be the absolute dream. One day...

Double Stacking posts like a champ but for good reason.. I was JUST able to score a Trinity Doll Elysia! I am a little more than excited; don't judge me. :D

Now the operative question: Clothes? I need a black Victorian Style dress for her. I know Dollmore makes one or two styles but the nearly $400 price tag (after shipping and taxes) and shipping delays make that a less attractive option. Any suggestions on the best place to acquire such an item, or clothes that fit these dolls well in general, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#548 The Art Dolls, Mar 22, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2020
    9. [​IMG]
      This is the only dark Victorian it's more gold/brown and 882$ but shipping wouls be free. But you shold go look on the site to see all the parts. DM uses high quality fabrics to get one made would cost a very similar price unless major corners were cut using cheap fabrics and way less details... You would be better off buying this unless you need the black one. which would likely cost a minimum of 400.

but congrats on an Elysia! :cheerthat is my sculpt of choice! Also it's not double stacking if it got a good time gap :thumbup

10. Thank you @Lady Tiku . That dress is incredible. I hadn't seen it previously because I noticed the $890 price tag first and skipped right over it. But something like that is exactly what I had in mind. The quality and details look great too. Sadly, I'm not in a position to spend $890 on this gals dress. But I'll keep looking around and try and enjoy the process as I do.

Much appreciated!

11. When I made a Victorian outfit for a Soom doll, it took me a month of frantic sewing every night after work. Plus I do not remember how much taffeta and lace went into it. Mom helped me figure out how to scale down patterns from a pattern book done by the woman who does the priorattire channel on youtube, and scaling it down for a Trinity shouldn't be much different from scaling it down for the doll I did this for.

So.... would you rather spend $800, or would you rather scale down a human pattern and spend a month sewing? Fighting with the boning channels was... instructive.

Also has anyone yet figured out how to make a saddle stand for a Trinity? I would LOVE to further adapt this pattern for my Kate, but the around the waist stand I have is just not conducive to pattern making....

12. I'm about four months away from paying off my Lumie and, out of curiosity, I decided to see exactly how big she is.

What have I done?! XD

I didn't realize exactly HOW big they were.

13. @Layn I made a stand for my Lumie a few years ago (I think I've shared a photo before, so I hope this isn't repetitive), but I designed it with the intention to push it around, so it's not exactly standard. Either way, it's mostly copper pipe/pipe fittings spray-painted white, drilled into a wooden base with castors:

[​IMG]

The entire back part with the waist strap + handle wouldn't be necessary if you're not moving the doll on the stand, but it does keep her extra stable all the time. Hopefully it's not too hard to see in this picture.

14. I think the waist tie is a good idea! And all that copper probably makes a nice heavy stand. I would love to make one of these!

15. Oooo..... that looks like something I will have fun shopping to make, after I'm no longer stuck inside!

The waist tie might be a good idea for some dolls, but it would get in the way while designing clothes, so probably not a good idea for me.

How did you get the actual saddle part? Was there a plumbing fixture that was the right size, or did you have to bend the copper to shape?

#555 Layn, Apr 1, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    16. Yeah, the waist tie is nice for extra security, but it doesn't work well with some outfits. This particular stand is plenty stable and heavy without it. I bent (and partially flattened) the pipes myself - it's actually three pieces, with two t-shaped connectors for the bottom pieces. There might be a more specific type of part that's a good shape, but I only had straight pipe at the time.

17. Neither, actually.

But you got me thinking... So I reached out to a few dress makers on Etsy to see if they could custom fit some styles I liked to my doll's specs. I found one who was willing to make this gorgeous dress in Trinity Doll size:

[​IMG]

All for $117 out the door. Which is a huge win for all involved. So thanks, I would not have thought of that otherwise.
      Will update.

18. Fanplusfriend.com made a doll dress for me from a human style some years ago. The doll is off-topic but it was a little taller than a Trinity. All they needed were detailed measurements and it cost the same as the human dress. They did a good job and it fit well. I wonder if they still do that. They have cool elegant gothic lolita dresses on one site and cosplay on another. The site loads SLOWLY though, so be patient.

EGL:
      https://www.fanplusfriend.com/

Costumes:
      Fanplusfriend Cosplay- Buy Festival outfits,Renaissance/Medieval Costumes,Movie Costumes,Cosplay Costumes,Halloween Costumes online

19. Right on! They have some dope looking dresses.
      Yeah it does take a bit to load, lol.

Update:
      She arrived!
      I fortunately had a dress in my collection that will work until her tailored dress arrives.
      These dolls are absolutely AMAZING.
      If one of the original Kates goes on sale I think I'll get her too.
      But for now, meet Thesis:

[​IMG]

#559 The Art Dolls, Apr 4, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2020
    20. OMG! She's gorgeous! Congratulations!
      Dumb question but did she arrive assembled or disassembled?