1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Thank You! That's not a dumb question at all because I'm not really sure. She was strung except there were stop gaps in place of her hands and feet so I had to attach them. She has the high heel feet so she would have been too tall to ship otherwise. So IDK if that's considered assembled or disassembled. But there was some assembly required, however minimal.

But like a klutz, when trying to replace her hand I slipped and her arms became completely unstrung. I HAD TO RESTRING BOTH ARMS. It felt impossible. If not for Hercules' "Go The Distance" playing in the background I would have given up. It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. Even more difficult than getting 40 posts on here so I can get marketplace.

But all is well now. I added the finger nails and I really think it completes her look. My friend said she looks like Hermione Granger a bit. And yeah, I can sort of see that. But she's SO big compared to the 1/3rds. Such a presence.

2. OH yes, I got completely distracted from making a saddle stand, thanks for the reminder. Time flies! I have only 3 payments left to make on my huge dollmore order!

Saddle stands... looks like piping (I have PVC lying around) is a fine upright part. A big wood base would be the best idea, whether it's flat and wide like Cennie's, or something more compact, but heavier. The most important thing would just be making sure it can't easily tip.

The part I'm most stumped with is the saddle part. Is the saddle portion of yours also pipping, @Cennie ? I was debating clay, or even plastic, or something else I can mold a saddle/seat part from.

Oh
      My
      Goodness
      @The Art Dolls
      Your girl is BEAUTIFUL. I love that faceup! Is that a dollmore faceup, or custom? What wig is that?

3. @The Art Dolls Is that a Printemps Elysia? She’s gorgeous! I really regret not buying one before she sold out. Did you get her from Dollmore or secondhand?

I recently ordered The Swing Elysia from Dollmore but she won’t be ready until July. It’s going to be a very long wait!

4. @Xila Thank You! I've been enamored with her since I've gotten her. She has the factory Printemps Elysia face up. The wig is from Etsy store Dollofakind. They have 13" wigs modeled on Animator Dolls but the wig fits perfectly on the Trinity Dolls. Its very well made and the hair looks and feels quality.

@riversoblood Yes! good spot. She is the Printemps Elysia. I got her second hand and was very fortunate to. I put out a WTB and the BJD community really stepped up! I had many people who didn't have one themselves pointing me in the right direction to where I could purchase her. I am humbled by how many people offered help so I could find her.

July does seem far away but congratulations on your purchase. I hope the wait it not too difficult.

5. Envyyyyyyy. But glad to hear it was so positive.

Thank you!

6. @Xila yep, mine is piping - bent copper, though, not PVC. There are probably any number of things that would work, depending on your sensibilities ^^ Making sure it won't tip over is definitely the most important part.

7. Maybe I'll start this saddle stand thing... can anyone with a trinity measure
      1. from the floor to the crotch, while standing?
      2. The area where a saddle holder would sit... its personal preference, I guess, but let's say: from the public bone to the tailbone?

Just need to know how tall the main upright should be, and how long the saddle part should be in relation.

8. She is lovely. Do you mind me asking how you did her long fingernails? I wanted to give my girl long nails as well and was pondering what materials to use to make them.

9. 1. I got 50cm from where her crotch ends to the bottom of her feet (note: mine has high heel feet)
      2. I got 16 cm from her navel to the center of her crotch between her legs.
      (I can DM you pictures of how I took the measurements if you want, I'm not good at that stuff and maybe you could use them for reference if my technique was rubbish)

All good. I just glued some nails on. I already had a few sets and just used the smallest ones available in the set. They are "slightly" big for her hand but when they are all one can't tell.

10. Well, I did it... I just sent an email to dollmore requesting they send me the remainder of my invoice. :sneaky Is it a terrible time to sink nearly $1000 into dollmore? Yeah, sure! But ultimately, I cant help but think about how hard it must be for doll companies right now. I hope they're doing ok.

And also I'm excited :D for those who dont remember my every move, my order is a Sugar Amnesia Elysia with a blank Marienne head.

Thank you, @The Art Dolls ! That actually brings up something I totally didn't think about... my doll will have both flat and high heel feet, and I didnt even consider how to account for that. Darn... semantics. Maybe teloscppong pvc....
      Your measurements sound fine!! Is there any chance you can also measure from the center of her crotch between her legs, to the tailbone?

11. woohoo! grats on paying off!:sumomo:

and .... you can ask for a head that is not the same as the doll you order??? O_O

12. I think Dollmore realizes that there is a limit to how many Trinity size dolls we can accommodate. be aware that if you have an early Trinity, they are now using a darker resin for the Trinity dolls.

13. @Xila Wilco! I'll try to get that measurement in this weekend. And that's awesome if you can order a Trinity with another head. I'm going to try and see if I can get a black jude with a Kate head! Whooot!

@nancy_schroeder_ca that's a TOP TIP. Thanks, really good to know.

14. @The Art Dolls @Lady Tiku sort of! You still have to get the full doll, for the full price. You can also pay an additional $500 or so for a blank head of your choice. So I'm going to end up with the full sugar amnesia Elysia faceup and head, and a blank Marienne head.

And thank you! This is definitely the wildest order I've ever made, lol, and probably the largest doll order I'll ever make again. Cant wait to see the huuuge box(es)! I got a ton of stuff!

15. Oh man. I wonder if they would let me add a Lumie head to my Elysia The Swing order. No faceup is sad, though.

16. I think they let you buy additional heads at any time so long as you have purchased a full doll from them before. So if it's too much at the moment you can always buy it in the future.

@The Art Dolls Thank you! I will have to get myself a few sets of nails. :)

17. any time!... oh sheet... cuz I want a Kate! or a softer faced Elysia!... I got a list of the "lusion" heads i could get with my on order Alice... AND

you CAN get FACEUPS!... you get to choose from a list... I can drop the list of Lusion choices in here tomorrow when my eyes work better lol.

18. @Xila So from where the indentation of her spine ends to the center between her legs I got 16cm as well.

From messaging with Dollmore, she said if you order the blank head at the same time they will match the skin tone with the full Trinity Doll you order. She quoted me $550 for a blank Kate head if I ordered a Black Jude. Would be nice if they offered the same face up options for the Trinity Doll heads as with the Lusions but I'm intrigued on how a face up I did on a Kate would turn out.

@Lady Tiku I would be very interested in seeing what they offered. :)

19. Thank you, @The Art Dolls !!

NEW KATE, as was teased by Dollmore: dress-up!

Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

Boy, really like this one! Is that the limited Kate head, without the chin cleft? It really looks like it, but the description doesnt indicate it, and the dia del muertos kate claimed to be a one-off!

EDIT I totally missed the fine print on this! I blame mobile layout. This is indeed the limited head, LE 10 (though the set itself is LE 20)

#579 Xila, Apr 27, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    20. STOP THE PRESSES!!!
      A NEW KATE???
      (sorry for yelling)
      ???????

Thanks for the intel @Xila

I just placed an order without giving it another thought.
      With the 10% off she was under 2K.
      Dream come true really.
      It was a good day.