1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. @Cennie I can get her to stand on her own but if I so much as breathe, down she goes! I think it's her ankles.

Does anyone know of a doll stand (besides the one that Dollmore sells) that will fit these giant girls?

2. From what I have heard, the Dollmore one is worth the money and there really aren't any alternatives. Hopefully someone else can chime in! My girl's not here yet so I can't help much at all. :sweat

3. I've scoured the net myself looking for a decent stand, but as of yet I haven't found any that match the size and weight of the Dollmore stand. The only other one I have that comes close is just a standard stand for Lusion-size dolls. Theoretically, they could stretch up enough to fit a Trinity, too, but they aren't nearly heavy enough to handle the weight of a Trinity. The Dollmore stand is so pricey because it's HEAVY. A very weighty, solid base and the pole is also very solid. They're made to hold heavy dolls like a Trinity. I was lucky enough to receive one for free when I picked up my Elysia from Dollism the other year. I think the stand itself is well worth the money. It's just the SHIPPING that'll probably get your pocketbook where it hurts. Since the stand is so heavy, the shipping definitely isn't cheap.

4. @Stormlight Yup, that's what I figured. I don't mind spending the money on the stand, but the shipping, ugh. Oh well, maybe one day. I've also been thinking about making my own stand out of wood. But we'll see.

5. I made the one I use; it has a wooden base, but the rest is copper pipes. A little clunky-looking, but it's pretty sturdy and not too hard to do, if you have access to the right tools.

6. It is great to see this Elysia-she is very pretty.

I

I would love to see your stand. I have wondered about what kinds of stands people are using for the Trinity dolls.

#46 furbikini, Sep 20, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
    7. @Cennie I would like to see your stand, if you don't mind. I was thinking of just using some kind of string/ribbon to tie her against the back post. What do you do?

8. Sorry it took me a while to get to this, @Dark Angel, @furbikini; I realized I didn't have a picture, so I had to take a few :sweat You'll have to forgive the messy room.

[​IMG]

Anyway, my stand is designed to be pulled, so it has some extra poles for stability, and rather large casters (mostly hidden by the dorky fringe). Lumie can balance perfectly fine in the saddle stand part when it's not moving, and the back pole has a strap attached that holds her in place when it is :3nodding: Wooden base, copper pipes riveted together and drilled into the base, rather sloppily spraypainted to match.

9. @Cennie, Now that is a stand! I love the casters! It would make it a lot easier to walk her around the house!

10. I love that! That's one thing I'd love to have is a saddle stand. They'd probably be so much easier to wrestle the girls onto than the waist gripper. lol I wonder if I could make a suggestion to Dollmore to consider making a saddle stand for the Trinities, as well...

The casters are a great touch! That would definitely make it easier to get the girls around!

11. @Cennie that is brilliant! I love it. Thank you for sharing.

12. Thanks everyone ^^ It turned into a more industrial piece of work than I was really expecting, but the only thing I needed power tools for (besides a drill) was cutting the base, so it wasn't actually too high-level of a project, and the casters do make things easier.

13. That is what I would do.

14. That is a great stand! I may try to make something eventually, for a while at least my Elysia will probably just sit who knows where for a while when she comes. I do have an antique child's chair and hope she can use it.

15. Child-size chairs are perfect for Trinities. I found an unfinished child's rocking chair at a craft store (got it for 50% off), painted it up and Tori fits in it perfectly. I also found a great stuffed chair on Amazon that holds a Trinity and a Lusion (though it is a tight fit). Not quite a loveseat, more like one of those oversized chairs. Wasn't that expensive, either, and it's mostly foam and light framing so it isn't heavy to move.

16. Happy Halloween from Cami and me!
      [​IMG]
      (It's about as Halloween-y as I'm being this year. :( )

17. That's very pretty! And she can get more use out of it than a Halloween outfit!

18. Coming out of lurker mode to post my Golden Jude . . . bought her recently from ebay as she luckily matched how much I'd saved towards a Trinity. She's due to get a faceup soon as despite how pretty she is she's not my style . . .

[​IMG]