1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Is anyone else having problems with the enormous pictures on the Dollmore site?

2. @nancy_schroeder_ca yes. I believe the link is loading a mobile-dedicated version of the website.

The desktop version is HERE.

3. Oh! That is much better!

4. Excellent choice, @The Art Dolls ! I'm always happy to enable! Honestly, this Kate has me thinking about my next Trinity.... I don't even have the one I just paid off!! Did you get the Limited Edition head (without the chin dimple) or the original kate head?

Edit: oops, yes, my bad @nancy_schroeder_ca ! I'm on mobile!

5. @Xila Hey! No problem! I learned something!

6. @Xila LOL! I asked for the Limited Edition head. I went on ahead and inquired about obtaining another Trinity head along with the purchase. We'll see. Might be fun to do a face-up on a regular Kate head and have both.

7. I must be a little bit crazy, I decided to try for the new Kate and requested for the Limited Edition head (since I'm not really a fan of the outfit and wanted that faceup/sculpt). I did check and only 5 remain now. Not sure if that's 5/10 of the limited edition, or 5 remaining of the.. 20 sets? Either way, it's selling so quick. (6 before I bought mine.)

8. Wow!! That's amazing! That's a good question... how do you know how many sold are the LE head vs normal head. I assume dollmore will do the "LAST ONE" indication that they often do, but maybe in the description?

PS, I asked dollmore about trinity wait times, especially right now: they still quoted me 90 days, but had some speculation about it being closer to 60 days, which seems to be common (not having to wait the full 3 months). So, seems trinity wait times arent affected too much by the pandemic

9. So after a little translation issues, I did get the following from Abby:

So I'm not positive if that means the face up may change or the dress set, but it sounds like the same sculpt as shown? It's still not very clear, but as long as the faceup (and preferably the exact sculpt as shown) is the one going to be sent to me, I can't complain.

10. @Artiee this is good maybe we can pool our collective knowledge and figure this out. Dollmore Abby emailed me something similar and made sure I understood the additional Kate head I ordered was going to be blank. I asked if the limited edition Kate head is the one that would receive a face up and if the blank one would be the original style. I also asked how many limited edition Kate heads were left.

It appears they are on holiday until May 4th, so we shall see.

11. @The Art Dolls I had a think about this yesterday night and realized all the sets match their "special limited edition" to their LE count. I kind of now believe that their doll is LE10 not LE20 and that was probably a typo. Not positive, but it would explain how in a day (and plus some now) there are only 5 remaining. Even at the discount that would be a lot sold if it was 5/20 versus 5/10 remaining.

You can look at all the other Trinities and see that their numbers match up with the LE and Special Limited Edition counts.

12. The current LE Kate "dress up" is a second version of dress up... the first one was just like the other ones and not this bridal frou frou. They just used the same sale page and changed the details. THIS version is 10 dolls and in total there are 20 dress up Kates but in two styles. The first like the others and the new bridal.

13. Ok friends, this is straight from Dollmore Abby.
      My question was: Also, how many of the limited edition Kate heads are left?
      DA replied:
      So based on what she told you @Artiee and @Lady Tiku 's theory, my best guess is Lady Tiku got it right and there was another version of Dress Up Kate. Or they are making this first set of Dress Up Kate LE10 then are going to release another Dress Up Kate with a different outfit and face up.

I did some internet detective work but was unable to find an earlier version of Dress Up Kate anywhere.

I know it sounds like splitting hairs but at least this is fun while Kate is being made. I asked DA for a sneak peak at the "trinity doll kate with new faceup and new dress in future". So we'll see what DA says.

14. the first 'dress up Kate' had the exact same outfit as all the rest... just in a different color. I don't know why they altered the original dress up page to REUSE it O_o... does any one have or is able to get the pics of the first dress up Kate? Someone should archive them... Can we do that on DoA? a photo reference of doll full sets? I did something like that for half of Iplehouse's Carved heritage seris. but on my Flikr account

15. @The Art Dolls I got that from them too. But I was confused because obviously the chin has a bit of a different shape on the normal Kate head? Unless this is the new normal? I'm absolutely baffled by it, but was satisfied enough I suppose.

16. @Lady Tiku that would be fantastic to have something like that. A full set archive would be great especially given some sets are so limited. Might be helpful too for those in the future trying to buy full sets second-hand to make sure they are getting everything.

@Artiee yeah, I am baffled as well. But like you said before, as long as we get the one pictured I can't complain.

17. In other news:
      The dress I had made for Thesis by DJmedievaldresses on Etsy arrived. It's lovely!
      Fortunately, Thesis has elected to be a team player and is going to allow her new sister to wear it once she arrives.

[​IMG]

18. That brocade is beautiful, @The Art Dolls ! Have you tried it on? How is the fit?

19. Thank you! @Xila, No I haven't tried it on yet. I'm going to wait until my new Kate (yet to be named) arrives and put it on her. The girls are being possessive. :)

20. I spent 5 hours sueding my Trinity and it was all for naught. All the guides I looked up said to use Elmer's white glue but it was so horribly weak it all just started peeling off as I strung her. I'm so frustrated. Maybe it is strong enough for little dolls but not these big girls. Does anyone here know a better glue? I will never again use hot glue, though. It's so messy and the blisters I've got from burns were just savage. Never again.