1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Trinity Discussion - Part 2

Jun 8, 2016

1. Aleens tacky may be better. With either, you need to let it dry and cure throughly.

2. I had read one guide that said tacky glue might move but maybe they didn't let it dry like you suggest? My Elmer's glue sat for 5 days because I was waiting for elastic to arrive so it was definitely dry.

3. Have you tried actual pieces of suede in the joints? It worked on my small dolls. I bought little suede circles that go at each joint. You could probably buy the materials and cut them to size. It worked well but I don't know if it works on large dolls. I wouldn't hot glue either. I'm afraid of damaging the resin.

4. Oh yes, I didn't specify. I used pieces of genuine leather suede.

5. Are you using real leather? I have seen instructions that say to glue the smooth side to the joint so the napped side provides grip for the other piece. It's best to use a water based glue so it softens the leather so it will conform to the joint.

6. Yes, it said genuine leather and indeed, I glued the smooth side. I just wonder what kind of glue is better since Elmer's sure wasn't.

7. try 'moleskin' you get it at a pharmacy section... it's used to protect ppl's skin and is already adhesive and since it's safe on skin it's okay on dolls. also look at something 'silicon' based. I know Dollmore sells large disc's

8. Moleskin would probably be nice but I worry the adhesive might not last either and I don’t want to have to throw away the leather I already cut. As for a silicone adhesive, do you mean something like this? I’ve never used it:

Devcon 12045 Premium Silicone Adhesive - 1.76 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001005TX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rjPYEbTASM0JA

9. no not that silicon... Dollmore sells disc's also called 'kips'. large ones that are big enough for trinities and Lusions

10. Gee, those just get sucked into the joints of my SD’s. That’s why I tried sueding. Do the discs work well on the big girls?

11. DM sells the kips and i got them but have not been able to put them in... it's been a bad year for me for 'doll play'

12. Oh no, I hope that doesn’t mean they’re cancelling the boy doll! I can’t say I love it as a girl. That is some serious pout.

13. I’m not ... in love with that sculpt. Or maybe it’s the faceup? I think it would definitely make a prettier boy than it does a girl.

14. I like the unpainted head but I do not like that faceup! I'm safe from this release.

15. I do not like those eyes with those lips.

Put together, they make the sculpt look angry to me, and I don't think I would like that pairing on a boy either. Maybe if the eyes were a bit bigger, it would look more pouting or haughty.

16. I'm doing some lazy faceup mockups on the blank sculpt. What to do with those huge lower eyelids? They're so thick. Interesting, but my brain does not compute lol. All my male dolls have small-iris eyes, I'm not sure I've ever seen 20mm(or whatever) small-iris. He could look nice with some thicker eyebrows, though.

17. Omg thank you so much! I would have missed this, I don't check Dollmore's site very often!

I have SO MANY THINGS I have wanted to make for Kate!

#619 Layn, Jun 13, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    18. Andddd..... I'm sold. I just emailed dollmore and asked if it can be added to my order. I totally missed the release of this, thanks for bringing it here!