1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Youth boys - clothing?

Feb 26, 2005

1. Hello! :)

I'm here to (yet again) ask a more than likely obvious, and stupid question.

But I've finally decided on a doll for my first, but I am still a bit confused on this whole.. "SD" / "SD13" / "MSD" sized clothes ordeal.

I understand SD stands for Super Dollfie, and... MSD is Mini-super dollfie if I'm not mistaken? But what I don't understand, is how to decide whether or not your doll can fit into SD/SD 13 clothes if the measurements for the clothes aren't provided.

These are the measurements for the doll I'm interested in, the Youth Dollmore Adam - Thinking Larme:

* height : 62cm
      * Circumference of Head : 22cm
      * Circumference of chest : 24cm
      * Circumference of waist : 20.5cm
      * Circumference of hips : 24cm
      * Circumference of wrist : 6cm
      * Circumference of ankle : 7.5cm
      * Lenth of arm : 19cm
      * Lenth of "from waist to the end of foot" : 36.5cm
      * eye size : 16mm
      * Foot size : 7cm
      * wig size : 8-9 inch
      ( Taken directly from the dollmore webpage )

What clothes would be safest to buy for him? Ones marked as SD sized clothes, or perhaps something bigger?

Thank you! I apologize once again in case the answer for this is around here somewhere. <3

2. With most dolls knowing if they are "SD/SD13" or "MSD" size really means that the clothing will fit within the range of Volks brand dolls of the same height. If you don't have a Volks doll to compare the fit to it only serves to tell you that the clothing falls into the Larger doll/60cm range. Knowing how your doll compares to that generic fit is what you need to learn.

I can tell you that Dollmore youth boys are much thinner and petite all aroud than other 60cm size boys. Obviously the clothing Dollmore makes for them will fit. Soom boys are also trim and their clothing should be a good fit too. Things made to fit a Delf boy will be a better fit than things made to fit an SD13 boy but even Delf pants will be roomy.

For comparison, SD10 boys are very small and they can wear Dollmore Youth clothing and Soom clothing pretty well as well as clothing made for SD10/SD13 girls. Volks doesn't make a lot of clothing for SD10 boys so we've had to scrounge around to figure this out. I don't know how well Volks SD10 boy clothing and SD10/13 girl clothing fit Dollmore Youth boys but it may be worth looking into.

Hope this helps a bit. :clover

3. Sorry for the uber late response, but thankyou idrisfynn. :) <33

Anyone else have some input on the topic?