1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Youth Eve & Adam Discussion

Jul 1, 2010

1. It's nice to see this thread. I just bought an Adam body for my Little Rebel Seven head. The resin match is 99% there and the proportions are good. The body I bought is very snappy and loose so I hot glued it today. Is this a common trait of the body? I've never wired a doll but I'm thinking that it might help with my doll. He was able to stand and hold a pose better after I hot glued him. I really like the body and I like how you can bend him to the side.

2. Simiram ~ No idea.....I have Eves\Adams on Zaoll, Dollstown Elf and Doll Chateau Youth boy and Y-03 (super-jointy female)....but that's it. Both Adams and Eves are the same size (in the neck - literally none of mine are the same actual size except all the Kara Klums) and will fit the same bodies, not that that helps much.

but lol I wouldn't call this body less natural....I'm shaped the exact same way^^''' Eve is pretty much my body twin XD

I have a friend with a LR Hachi head on this body! It's a great hybrid, I keep threatening to run off with hers lol
      After handling a million other dolls I do think the Adam body has some quirks, it's got a learning curve to it that other dolls don't have...but once you get the hang of it it's a breeze. And most other doll bodies will be a breeze too.

I don't wire mine regularly but you can if you want. I don't feel they really need it: they do need sueding. At the very least (and all I do) suede the chest and hips (which you've probably already done). I would also tighten him as much as you can. Mine are all tight enough to hold a sitting position when I pick them up - any looser and they become...difficult. Otherwise mine are great and I don't have to work much to get them to do anything. Their balance is a little different than most dolls and they do stand better with one knee bent a little and the other one locked - tilt the shoulders opposite to the hips (like a human stands) and they can hold that pose all day.

Incase I didn't explain it well, I have visual aides.....sort of.

[​IMG]

It's not great (all my photos are always at odd angles D: ) but you can see the shoulder-hip thing I was talking about. I have a lot of "walking" pictures XD

Arms are a little different - if you can, you might want to loosen them - they have a habit of smacking their own face. It's because of the hands - since the string goes into the hands, instead of there being a hook attached in the arm, they're a little tighter than normal. I don't bother with doing anything, after a while they will loosen up but if you have a custom faceup you don't want damaged you'll either have to loosen the arms or suede and\or wire. Especially if you ever paint the nails. Mine get black on their faces all the time =_= Even after they've been sprayed with MSC...

In the photo I posted he has jointed hands - he doesn't hit himself in the face with those at all (which is why I blame the hands lol) because the hook is in the arm like a lot of other dolls are strung, making the string just loose enough to stop the face-hitting.

3. Hey, thanks! That's exactly what was happening including smacking himself in the face! I got him to stand after I hot glued him then he suddenly fell off the dresser when I turned my back. And he's supposed to be a rock climber! I'll try the standing pose and see if that helps. I like the swagger you can get with this body. The shoulder tipped and knee bent thing.

What jointed hands do you have? I want to make Seven a climbing harness complete with real rope, and belay and repel apparatus. Then I want to make him climb the walls of my room! So jointed hands would be good for gripping. Maybe I'll make him an expedition climbing tent. You know, the kind where they climbers sleep in while hanging thousands of feet above the ground? Crazy scary to me. I think I'm facing my fear of heights through Seven! I want to get a Dollmore Eve as a girlfriend for my Adam. They'll be an adventurous nature couple.

4. I still wouldn't leave them standing alone....I would only do that (purposely D: ) with my DMK Pado....he's proven himself to stand through anything XD
      Taller dolls have more chance of gravity being a bitch.

I love Eves! Technically I have more Eves than Adams, since all my Adams are just Kara Klum over and over....I have four Eve sculpts. One twice. I think the rock-climbing thing is pretty cool, I don't remember ever seeing that theme on a BJD! I'd love to see the props when you make them!

Jointed hands are fun, but I don't think I've ever had a pair that really grips well - these are Dikadoll and so far my favorite simply for the lack of crazy details that end up looking wrong. Plus they don't drive me nuts quite as much as the Granado ones do. They're almost non-functional :\
      I also have Doll Chateau (my favorite of all of them) and Dollzone (mini).

The SD DK hands fit DM really well, are about the same size as the Dollmore large Adam hands (which is the size I use) and the Pure White DK is a dead match for WS DM. My NS Kara Klum is from 2008 and my most yellowed - he's the only one to use the jointed hands and has the NSY. They started out matching him, but have yellowed more than he has....and actually brings out the pink left in his resin now. Dollmore yellows weird - more than any other resin I've owned it just loses the pink rather than really yellowing. And the WS is the slowest yellowing I've ever seen. Mine are from 2009 and 10 and still really white. Almost any jointed hands you get will probably out-yellow the body (not that that is a horrible thing, just something to be aware of).

So DC, DZ, Granado and DK are the only Jointed hands I have. The color you would want to get would totally depend on how old your guy is. I know DM changed their resin at least once, maybe twice (they have to make it lighter in order to cast those trinities lol - it started out easily as heavy as Volks) so the really old ones from mid-2009 and back might need a different color than late 09 +

5. Thank you so much! The detailed info really helps. Do you have any pictures of your eves? I'd love to see them. How do you like the body? I'm learning more about SD size since I only have two. I don't think I'll ever leave him standing alone again. I thought my Dollstown 13 yo girl could be his girlfriend but they don't look good together at all. Plus I want an edgier girl who's willing to take on the wind!

I'll check out the hands. Plus I like that the Eves have high heeled feet options. I'll definitely be dressing this couple up!

6. You're welcome! I'm always happy to help :)

Well, the Eve body is even "quirkier" than the Adam, but I still really like it. I only have one (Biwol), the rest are all hybrids for height and other reasons.
      Fine (my first and newest lol) is a boy now and on the DC Youth body. I have two Fine heads because he's a drag queen....one is his boy head the other will get the made up face (but the weather has sucked here since November and I got the second head last month)

Miso is probably my favorite and on the Zaoll body - she's supposed to be short. I really need to photograph her more often....I think she's fabulous.

My other favorite (lol) is Liebe Klum - also a boy for me and the younger version of my Kara Klums - is on the Dollstown Elf body (cause he needs to be short too)

Biwol just recently took the place of Fine on the Eve body as Isis, my main FMOC. I just thought she might work better....I was right, but I still love the Fine sculpt which is why I didn't sell her....or him.

Anyway I'm pretty fail with all of them - I don't have a lot of pics.

Here's a crappy meet photo of Biwol (Isis) with her two boys. Twas Christmas :B

[​IMG]

It's literally the only photo I have of her. She's a little odd looking compared to a lot of girls.....which is why I like her. And her head is tiny.

My Eve body came strung wrong...and somehow it took me YEARS to figure this out - one of her elbow joints was backwards. Once I flipped it she worked much better. They also smack their faces, and tend to flail, but strung well and sueded like the boys they're manageable. And I love how they look. They pose pretty much the same way so if you get the hang of the boys the girls will be easier.

7. Bringing this thread back, because I've just been on dollmore again. Fallen in love with Lilis Liv!
      I was certain I was going to get a supia doll for my first bjd; but looking on here again has got me thinking again! XD
      Does anyone have any reviews or pros & cons about eve bodies? (:

8. VampireAngel13, oh, sorry, I noticed your reply much later than I should ^^" Actually, you made my piece, because I considered her legs too long, but if there are people who have similar body with Eve, it makes me feel better xDD But i still want Zaoll. (Even if no one wants Eve. :D)

Here is Nagisa-chan's new faceup and she really started to look the way I picrured her - with these small brows, pink lips and brown shades of faceup ^^

[​IMG]
      Nagisa by Simiram, on Flickr

9. Lurker coming out of lurker mode momentarily~

@VampireAngel13: You're Biwol is adorable! You really should show her off more~

@Viivi: Lillis Liv was the first Dollmore sculpt I ever fell in love with. I wanted the Black Lillith so bad, actually stalked her sales section on the site for a few years before she sold out, lol! In the end, I bought the Liv head sculpt outright, terrified they were going to discontinue it before I could buy one. The moment she came in the house, I always knew I'd made the right decision. As for her body, I've plans to hybrid her, but am still on the fence about which body I want. Almost narrowed down, though~

I would show her off here, but she's still sitting in a box with half of a faceup from where I was working on it, then RL stepped in and said hold the phone~ Now the weather has been holding me back from spraying sealant. >_< Every so often I open the box housing her and a few others in mid-face-up mode and coo over them! I realize she's not a very popular sculpt, but I simply adore her features so much. Even her big forehead! I feel like many of the Dollmore sculpts have so much individual character.

@Simiram: Your Nagisa-chan has such a sweet face! ^_^

10. Oh yeah, I guess I can finally be in this thread. lol I was able to snag a Thinking Kara Klum head when it was still in the special sale section. Hoping to finally get a body soon. :D

11. @Mayonaka: I know how you feel~ I snagged a Bella Auden and now have two Dollmore heads floating around, lol, so can really enjoy this thread now! Can't wait to get a body for my Liv, though~ As for Bella, I've never really seen any male Bella Audens, so mine has taken up that challenge, hehe! Congrats on your Kara Klum and joining the fold!

12. Omg you mean I'm not the only in the area with a Kara Klum anymore??? Yay!! You're going to have to get like, six more now. Are you looking for to get a Dollmore body or something else?

13. Right? Told you I'd been wanting one and then I saw that he was on the special sale section so I snatched him. :D And yeah, I'm thinking the Adam body.

Oh yeah, so next meet, I might have to bring my Zaoll pants and steal one of the many Alexes to try them on. (I thought they might fit my JID lady but are WAY too big)

14. I can tell you how they fit - I had a pair....the actual fit is great, but they're too short. By a lot. Some people like the short-pant look, but Alex is usually the pants-are-so-long-he's-tripping-over-them sort, so I gave them to someone who has a Zaoll. I wish they were longer, pants are so hard to find for these guys. Even still bring them along! And anything else you want to try out. Alex I is used to trying on all the crazy things I put on him. He'll behave...the others not so much...

15. Ok, I might also bring the boy SD pants I have just to check anyway. lol

16. Yay!! ^3^ My mom and brother got me not one but TWO Chami heads for my birthday! I have my twin girls now! It's such a cute head in person, and I now have to show patience and sensibility and wait on getting their bodies....

17. I feel you on the patience thing. I've been having to wait since we didn't know whether or not we were going to actually be moving or not (spoiler alert: we're moving closer to STL on the 9th lol) so my head is still in his box he came with. :3

18. I'm going to have to get both their bodies at the same time, because I can't choose which twin gets to be whole first! XD I guess it gives me time to get their eyes and wigs together. I'm really hoping the newer Youth Eve bodies are of a very comparable size with the old one, because I have a bunch of stuff I made for Zoe and Audrey when Zoe was shelled in my Lillis Liv and I was planning to get a Miso shortly thereafter, before they redid the bodies.

Good luck with the move, Mayonaka! ^-^

19. Yeah, I feel ya on that. I have my thinking Klum's eyes (but I need to get him a smaller pair ><) but I still can't decide what color wig he should have. T_T At least I have clothes and shoes for him too.

And thanks! We start moving on the 9th so I hope to at least get most of my stuff moved over there. lol

20. [MENTION=6078]Mayonaka[/MENTION] I didn't know you were moving! Or did I...? Whereabouts? Does this mean more doll meets?

[MENTION=1663]Osaka[/MENTION] Omg that's awesome!! Congrats and Happy Birthday!
      I've never even seen the old body (though I find it weird to think of the one I have as new still....XD) so I can't help you on a comparison - all I know is the boy body is much smaller than the old boy. Which doesn't help you at all XD

And for the road, Alex II (he's back on the Dollmore body now - no more Doll Chateau)

[​IMG]