1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Youth Eve & Adam Discussion

Jul 1, 2010

1. Most Dollmore sculpts are hard to photograph I think, they have very particular angles that work for them.

And Hinotori, you should be able to edit your first post still if you want to change the thread title. Go to advanced once you click edit. :)

2. Thanks ! :)

3. thank you thank you!!! <33 Photos of them whole and together are welcome too!
      lol BJD language is so fun. I love telling people I got a head in the mail.

You're not crazy! I totally agree with kawaii_mon, they all are kind of hard. I thought I just sucked all around when I was trying to figure Alex out...No photo I ever took of him looked decent.

and yay for including Adams!!! They get left out a lot...The Models and Kids are so popular, and the Adams and Eves are often forgotten :(

4. Yes. ::laughs:: My dad doesn't really let me talk to him about my dolls because it creeps him out. xD

"I got the Ringdoll in the mail, but I bought him with his head a different color so I could put his head on my DBDoll body and hopefully use the body for a different head. But the Zaoll head looks a little disproportionate to the body so my girl-doll Nixie gets to have her head sit in a drawer for awhile until Jin has a boy body that looks better for him. Oh, and my friend Min is bringing me some eyes when she visits."

^ And that's not actually as bad as I've got it to sound before.

5. It still startles me when people get freaked out about doll parts. But then, I've been making dolls for years, and the way you talk about that is even weirder. My cousin nearly threw me out of her house when I was staying with her, and she came home to find little arms and legs and teeth in the oven. And a friend of mine makes life-sized babies. "My baby's head got cracked." "Maybe you left her in the oven too long?" "Don't leave her in the trunk on a hot day, it could break her legs."

After all that, removing a head cap just doesn't seem weird to me.

6. I'm looking for an SD girl and I like the Dollmore Eve range - sorry in advance if this is a stupid question but does she come with eyelashes as per the photos or do I buy these separately?

thanks

7. If you're ordering a faceup from Dollmore she will come with eyelashes. Of the 4 dolls I've gotten from them with faceups, and in seeing other faceups from DM in person, I've noticed that they do look almost exactly like the pictures. I have to say almost cause as soon as I say exact, I'll be wrong XD
      but mine were all exact down to tiny details...

8. That's great, thanks vampireangel. When I've ordered from eg bobobie you don't get eyelashes, the only time I have is when I have bought a luts or lati full set. Now I only have to decide which eve sculpt I want!!!

9. That's good to know.

I wonder if anyone knows if the Dollmore LE's come sanded? I sanded Damane myself and am happy to do it again (good bonding experience XD) just wondering if I should plan on it.

My Zaoll dreaming luv can be a little particular about angles as well. If you take pictures too low or position her eyes just wrong she has quite a glare lol. I will be interesting to compare how my black Lilith compares.

10. I am not sure if it makes a difference or not, but both my WS LEs came sanded, my NS one did not. It could also be becuase my NS one was a Glamor Model and huge, the two WSs were Adams and tiny, so it could have been that? I really have no idea, but because my first LE Kara Klum was sanded I was kind of expecting my Ripley Days to be sanded and he wasn't. I didn't care about seams by then however so he's still got them XD

moonshadow1 ~ ha ha that's going to be a tough decision!

11. Most dolls are like that actually. It's a pretty good rule to remember, try to avoid photographing below the eyeline. Eye positioning is very important with all dolls too. The only doll I have that has hardly any bad angles is my sleeping doll, because of course I don't have to worry about crazy eyes. XD

My girl was never sanded, I had to do it myself

12. Thanks so much for the replies. I have tons of time on my hands right now so a sanding project will be fun :)

13. I was considering putting Eve head on model body, but I can't find measurements anywhere >.> Dollmore site says, that model dolls have smaller heads, but how about their neck sizes?
      Do you know anything about that?
      I'm planning to get Fine, but I'm not sure do I like the body shape... I'm also afraid about her posabillity. Could any owner dispel my fears? =)

14. The model doll necks are larger by .5-1cm, so they may need a little bit of sanding to fit.

The Eves and model dolls essentially have the same body shape, so if you don't like the Eves I don't know if you'd find the model dolls much better.

As for posing I have an old Eve body but I love how she poses, even though she's single jointed she poses gracefully. And I've always loved her locking knees, ruined me for so many other doll bodies! XD

15. Thank you kawaii_mon =)

I'm thinking about model body, coz they seem more proportional to me: are higher, but not slimmer and their heads are smaller (!)
      Although I like typical SD size Eve are. I find my AoD SD is big and I can't even imagine how big would be a Dollmore model =D

I'm happy to know Eves are posing well. That somehow resolves my doubts at this point =)

16. I loooove the Eve body ! I was actually pleasantly surprised with it. It's beautiful and poses very well. :)

17. I have to agree about the Eve (and Adam as well) bodies. They pose beautifully! The model however have frustrating kneejoints. Models and the DM Kids have the same kind of knees and they don't lock like the Eve & Adams do and they don't look as good either I think.
      So if posing is important I say go for an Eve! But if you like the overall look of the Model-body they would not disappoint you either. Mary Pearce looks a lot like Fine I think. =)

You can change heads between them pretty well (though head-size vary a lot between different dolls at Dollmore) but modding is most likely needed.

18. Thank you Hinotori and Nihmo =)
      I think that I'll get Fine in the end. Maybe I'll someday somehow get model, but not for now. After all your opinions I hope to be positively surprised by eve body ^^

19. Well I'm still waiting on my Lilith on the 22nd day since I ordered her and I'm pulling my hair out <-(is a baby) I just can't wait for her to get here and honestly if she doesn't get here soon I'll be broke from buying her things to pass the time lol.

Some spam would help *hints*

20. Yes, more spam please ! :dance

I didn't even have time yet to play with my new camera. I hope to be able to take pictures of my Mio soon. :(