1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore's Coffin Carriage Bags

Oct 10, 2005

1. then they'll really be DoA :cry:

2. Maybe Hyon will do another group order to save on shipping like she did for the double carrier bags.

3. I don't really want one of these, the detailing doesn't really appeal to me. But the general style is giving me some great ideas.

4. Yes... o___o I would LOVE a group order because one of these would be wonderful. It fits my style and personality so much, that I could carry around my boy at school whenever I wished and take him out. x3 *luffs all over coffin*

5. I like the black one myself...

6. It's not my girl's style, but my future boys... XD my vampire especially would like the idea of being toted around in a coffin.
      But the price and the shipping, combined....ouch. :sigh Maybe when we hit lotto, lol.

7. I think I'm going to make a coffin type backpack. I like the idea but really dislike the entire design. I have some plywood(Sp?) and I'm going to pic up some little hinges from the store. I've been meaning to do this for awhile, since I like the coffin style, but absolutely loath the hottopicness of EVERY design I've ever seen. I was originaly worried it would look too much like a childs coffin. Then this made me realize that dolls are much thinner than people and I could easily make one that's obviously for a doll.

Shipping on doll carriers is always so high.... No matter where they're from. -_- It's because they're big and heavy and I know it's reasonable but still...... :crushed

8. Yeah! Another one!^^ I got one of these coffin bags you speak of in London a while ago and always thought it was a pity they are too small for SD sized dolls.... now I gave in to temptation and dollmore and ordered one from them... :blush
      I'm just glad dollmore's bags don't have those heavy chains on them as belts like the London bags did...I guess it wouldn't be too comfortable carrying around the weight of an SD sized doll on chains across your shoulders (unless you are very masochistic and your doll likes to see you suffer, hehe).

Manda :daisy

9. Bailey would hate a coffin case, Kiyoshi would love be put in one because then he'd be "like helena in the MRC video." I don't know where this comes from honest!

I like them, I think there cool, too bad Kiyoshi allready has a DOD bag.

10. i didnt read this whole thread so if its been mentioned. i apologise first

but i bought my dollmore carrier bag from Hyon and i see she has these bags too
      i hope this link helps someone

http://www.dollmoreusa.com/NewshipmentCasket.html

just thought i mention, that she doesnt charge much for shipping within USA either ^^

11. Do u guys think this carry bag could hold 2 dolls at a time??

12. Man! I had an idea for a coffin-style carrier like a year ago! I should go back to it and finish the design. :oops:
      Mine wasn't quite so Hot-Topic looking, but more industrial punk rather than goth. I'm really tempted just to save myself the trouble, but I think it would be much cheaper to make my own. :|

13. Geeze everyone so against Hot Topic, how do you people know it's so much like something from there unless you go there yourself? :chibi There have been cutesy coffin bags for a long time now, before Hot Topic, before super dollfies, just enjoy them now.

14. True, there HAVE been cutesy coffin bags for a long time. The point with the Hot Topic comment(at least from me anyway) is that it's so generic it bothers me. I HAVE been in various hottopics, mostly because I used to buy stationary there. I also have one or two things I got off the clearance racks, because it was cute and a dress for 10 dollars that I can mess with and make really pretty is a good deal. 180 for it on the other hand would be stupid.

<rant>Most of the clothing from the one's in LA at least is shody at best, and falls apart immidatly at the worst. The reason why I have problems on occasion with things looking as such is because I personally don't like the impression it gives off. Also before anyone decides to start talking about the brands carried there, it's not all the same materials. I know this may sound odd, but I've seen the exact same pants and shirts sold at both hottopic and other places. The other places or when you order directly from the company have had better quality then the versions from hottopic. This at first confused me and I thought I was just seeing patterns that wern't there. That was untill a friend of mine was talking about how they'd noticed the same thing with certain different brands at places like k-mart and target. For NORMAL clothes, that were differing quality not based on brand but on location.</rant>

As for these? I do like these, I think they are cute. Any comment I made about them otherwise was based on little details and a personal opinion. In this case one I didn't even originally make, which was that it wouldn't have been that hard to give the case shaped sides. I notice in the pictures that they lose shape when open and look more like a body bag then a coffin.

I'm sorry if I've drifted OT. -_-

I am kind of curious though, am I the only one a little bothered by the soft looking sides?

15. Well it says hard case with padded sides..aren't a lot of the bags soft like this? I haven't really looked into doll carriers much yet.

16. I'm not exactly sure. All the hard cases I've seen are like violin cases, so I don't know about other types. :oops: But I know there are soft cases. this looks like it's inbetween.

I was just curious why if they were making something in a coffin shape they wouldn't go through the little bit of effort needed to make it keep it's shape. I'd also figure it would be safter for the doll if it were more riged. :daisy

17. the second is cool ^^!

18. Yeah, I was wondering about the shapeless open photo too. So are just the top and bottom "hard". Something inside I assume to keep the shape overall. In which case it looks like the sides are soft.... leaving it to get squished if something gets on top of it, or the doll's head poked if something bops the end. Hmm. I suppose you should be keeping it close and careful, but for me a case is for travel, and should protect them from most travelling type encounters. If it's over my shoulder, and someone bumps into me it will compress and squish into the doll.... |><|

It's cute, and I'd consider buying one for looks, but might try to reinforce the sides or have a 2nd bag for serious travelling.

19. Cool, but not the style of my boys really. I'd be carrying around Cassue, too, and he's the opposite of a demon/vampire/goth/darkthing/etc. :oops:

I'm suddenly given to ideas on making making my own sturdy 'pill' shaped backpack, white with wings on it and everything. No idea how I'd make the 'pill shape', though. :(