1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollpa 14 - After Event and Online Shopping - Updated 22/12

Dec 10, 2005

1. For the preceding items, at least, it doesn't seem to be a "lottery", since I just received a merchandise preparation completion notice with payment info, etc. It came a day after the reservation notice.

2. Yeah, guys, the lotto form is working now - for SOME items. Just the ones they have left.

The limited clothes and wigs are up now, too. I'm very happy! :) I didn't get *everything* I might have wanted, but I'm still pleased!

3. Yup. Just avoid the black MSD glasses and the lottery entry form should go through fine. They'll show you what's in stock and what's isn't, and you can only enter for the former (not very lottery-like, is it....)

4. I've got some items.. but when I went to the last step and tryed to pay with my VISA, I 've got the 500 error. I wrote to volks ( [email protected].. is this right? This is the only address I found..) and I hope they will help me. And that the goods in my shopping cart will remain!
      Elena

update

I've checked again now.. and the merchandising disappear from my shopping cart! This is not right >_< I hope they will reply soon.. of course the Military msd set is out of stock now.. so I can't try again to purchase it..

5. There also wasn't any option with the lottery of asking for sanding or coating. >_< I personally hate coated dolls, but from the unlucky experiences I've had with getting Volks dolls with really bad seams, it would have been nice to wait a while longer and have my guy arrive nice and smooth. ^_^;;; (Plus as much as I don't mind stringing, Arashi was hell to assemble and Yukinojou from what I've heard is just as complicated if not moreso, so even if I wanted to sand him myself, which I don't... Ow!)

But yeah. It does leave you with kind of a bleh catch-22. Go for the lottery and apparently have a really good chance of getting it, just at an inflated price and a really long wait(My Sato FCS boy didn't eveb take three months from order to arrival!), or try you chances at the afterevent and risk not getting it, but pay much less and get the doll right away. >_<;;;

I hope I don't stop wanting him because of the wait. ;_; The two months I waited for Lukas dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit and only the pure surprise of his arrival(Domuya notified me he was shipping a week after he arrived out of the blue) and how long I'd been wanting him(Since before there WAS an F-24, I wanted a BW Link) made it work. (Especially with the horror of his hand being chipped when I got him...) >_< Long waits can and do kill enthusiam. I hope when I get him that I still want him, especially since I don't have a character to fit him that immediately springs to mind, so he's gonna have to bring his own personality. :lol:

Anyone else drawing a tiny bit of hope for stanard SD16s from the page, though? The SD16 page is Super Dollfie 16 (List) like the 'normal' product lines, and not just the product line name like the SDCs and Yo-SDs. D:

...Then again, Shinku is inexplicably listed under the Super Dollfie list as out of stock(Like she was even IN?), so who knows. ^_^;

Though even if I don't bond with Yukinojou, I'm still keeping his body. X3 Ephram would look crazy stupid on it because Isao's head is so frickin' small, but Iysa should fit quite nicely from one of the swaps I've seen and a comparison of headsizes... X3

Sigh. I really would have liked some of the V-jeans. :( 'Specially VS108. Oh well. ^^;

6. umm.... no limiteds have ever been offered with a choice of sanding and coating.

Shinku was super limited, she probably was never sold on the website, (or if she was, there were probably very few of her) but who knows.

my understanding was that the lottery was being done similar to the way Volks does orders at the Dolpa... ie, that they make them to order. So since they have to make more, they will take till March. I guess the afterevent dolls are the ones they had actually remaining. Remember that pretty much everyone who entered the US lottery, got a doll. I think they are making those to order (within reason)

7. Ummm.... Emma's available now with the option of sanding and coating on the sight *sweat* And even though I never managed to snag her, I believe during the last online event Liz had the same options.

As for Shinku, if I understand correctly, she was sold only through TBS' site (Tokyo Broadcast Systems -or something like that-, not the Turner Cable channel) and she was limited to 100 dolls.

Ah Shinku... pity you went to scalpers who immediately posted you on Y!J

8. I think that was some kind of mistake, about the Sato-gaeri options, since under Hewitt's listing it showed MAKEUP and ASSEMBLY as optional!

I haven't gotten my total yet on my card so I don't know what conversion rate my CC used, but I'm pretty sure I'm paying almost EXACTLY the same as I would have been otherwise. I may be getting my doll faster, because they're not being made to order, but remember it's also costing me a MASSIVE EMS fee versus in-US priority shipping.

Also note that they are probably making more of the LEs than previously, since it seems that some are being made specifically for the US lottery people. That means fewer people will have to resort to the secondary market. Think how many of us are getting to pay, essentially, "retail" for the doll we wanted. I think that's worth something and not an unfair trade for the wait.

Volks does do some things that don't make sense, but they are trying.

9. I looked at the Japanese side of the afterparty before it started, and from what I could see they actually had a lottery for Shinku. Only for Japanese residents though, but still.

10. I dunno.. I ordered Hewitt and by my calculations, even -with- the CA sales tax my final price isn't that different from the Volks international site. I keep seeing people talk about this horrible markup, but having bought so much stuff from the actual store, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't just some big exaggeration.

11. Hm, well the price in Japan for Emma was 82,900yen, which at the rate of exchange in December worked out to be about $760, but the VolksUSA price was $869. Tack $75 on top of that in CA tax and $20 shipping and that's still more than $760 + $100 EMS shipping from Japan. I ended up paying more than that with Rinkya fees, but I figured that I still got mine for about $50 less than if I had gone through the lottery.

12. I think that they may have marked Emma and the SD16 up more. Someone did make a good point that they are also paying for shipping large numbers of the dolls over here, so I can understand a bit how the bigger dolls would be more. Maybe if they find a cheaper shipper in the future, they'll pass the savings on to us.