1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and Conventions

Apr 3, 2005

1. Hmmm... well she might not have had her girl there all four days... I can't remember what day or days I saw her booth...!

2. I'll be taking Zan or Lucien to Dragon*Con and RenFaire with me this year. Of course pretty much ALL the boys will be coming with me to Otakon and Nekocon this year. I may have to invest in a second suitcase. >_> Not sure who I'll take to AWA because honestly it's a toss up between AWA and Dragon*Con this year. It'll be one or the other.

3. Has anyone ever taken a doll to a, er, less appropriate con? You know, like a Mac con, or a photography con, or a graphics industry con?

I know frzndaqiri has taken her doll to an Vintage Car show (which is pretty much their equivelant of a con)... so, has anyone taken their doll to that sort of thing? I'd be interested in hearing the reactions they got.

4. All my dolls are going to A-kon this year. I can't wait To carry them around. As I am cosplaying a BJD from Rozen Maiden. It'll be allot of fun! But other than that the only BJD attention I got was when I walked into a Hot Topic and one of the resident anime fans knew what they where.

5. I brought several of my dolls to Costume-Con this past weekend, and got lots of wonderful attention.

My SDC Kurenai was the first 'dollfie' one girl (around 14, not a little kid) had met, and I let the girl hold Dorothy. She nearly dropped her teeth, but held my doll Very Carefully. Her dad now blames me for enabling his daughter. :D

My CP Cutie Delf Mary got to dance around on a table and also to cuddle in someone's arms.

I enabled quite a few people, considering the con had only 200 attendees. :) Five other people brought their bjds, too.

Ann in CT

6. I'm going to be cosplaying Kieran as Hitsugaya from Bleach at Oni-Con this year, and was curious -- how do you carry your dolls about with you at conventions, or anywhere else you want people to be able to see him? Do you carry him about in your bag, in your hand? I've heard of people strapping them to their backs even!

7. hahha
      Just carry them in your hand, not like a baby, but like sitting up. Sitting in the bend of your elbow, if that makes sense.

I might be at Oni-con too! Hope to see you and your boys there! *_____*

8. I carry mine around whenever I bring him out :) Like Saava said, just sit em in the bend of your elbow.

9. At a con, I carried one (we had matching costumes) and the rest were in my bag. My friend actually also carried one, and she had a mini backpack, so we put one in there to wave to everyone XD

Make sure their wigs/accessories are stuck on tight, I almost lost some shoes/wigs and I did lose a little aviator cap for my little Yo boy!! It was cheap so it wasn't too bad, but it was too cute~! >O<

10. That would be awesome! :D Keep an eye out for a cranky elf Yder and an equally cranky MNF Chiwoo dressed like Hitsugaya. ^o^ My tag will be Zully Quirke.

11. Mm, I've carried them in my arms or on my shoulder(s).

12. For AWA, I was just planning on carrying Orly on my arm like everyone suggested. But I'll take his bag with me too in case I need to put him away and handle some things real quick.

13. I dressed Gosu Loli for Acen and made a matching outfit for Ruby. :) I carried her around all day and took her to Mitsuwa for ramen. It was fun, but she got heavy after a while. If you can work it into your outfit, i'd reccomend bringing a bag that you can put your doll in if your arms get tired or you need your hands free for a little while. (or a boyfriend who can look humiliated while holding your doll as you order your ramen.....)

14. woah Zully Quirke! i was going to cosplay my boy as hitsugaya too!! thats awsome! i was gonna cosplay as hinamori so i thought why not right? im probibly going to hold him in the crook of my arm. its easier that way and i would know if someone is touching or looking at him ^^;; !

15. Hee! XD I was going to do him as Gaara sometime soon too. :3

16. I suppose I'll just be carrying mine ^.^ I'm going to my first convention in november, and I have a MNF Soo coming that is going to look like Shinku from Rozen Maiden (I think her sculpt is much closer to the anime than volks, but if I had the money, I'd try my hand getting a volks)

17. I carry Mikan in my hand with my middle finger between her legs and thumb on her back at cons. That way I can easily hold her up to show to people and she won't fall if I get bumped or something. If i got more than one I put them in my elbows or just between my arm and stomach. At Akon I got really lazy and put her in the pocket of my bag with her head sticking out. She was NOT happy! Next year, or maybe even for Oni-con if I go, theyre gonna be the bottle fairies and ill be Tama-chan!

18. hm, everyone ive seen carries them.....just sittin on their arm ^^!...that so cool though, strapping them to your back :0! never seen that--------------------
      Hitsugaya is awesome XD

19. I am kind of curious about this...

I am going to Anime Weekend Atlanta and Nekocon as Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Form Sora... which means two keyblades. Riku is going to be Riku and Dee is going to be Kairi, so I worry that I may have too much to carry with two keyblades and two dolls.

Think it is better to ditch the keyblades, carry the dolls in a backpack and take out for pictures, or switch off throughout the day of what gets carried?

20. If I only have one doll I'll switch between having him sit on my arm or on my shoulder. I find having the doll on my shoulder keeps him a little safer going through crowds, as its harder for people to him him or bump into him when he's not sticking out in front of me or next to me.