1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and Malls. Take um or not?

Mar 6, 2010

?
  1. Do you bring them to the mall with no sweat?

2. No no no! Never the mall is cursed, cursed i tell you!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I have a couple times before but I think its okay as long as you make sure your doll is with you at all times!! Never out of your site!!

2. I agree with Demmini. You don't want your dolly getting stolen! Also be ready for some stares and snickers, etc. I personally wouldn't take them anywhere without a purpose but... it's up to you of course.

3. I wouldn't bring my SD with me there, ever. He's to clunky and cumbersome to hold if I'm going to be holding my purse and shopping bags. There really isn't much of a reason to, either. (Unless you have a Build-a-Bear workshop in your mall, but that's another story.)
      My puki however, lives, by default, inside of a blanket inside of a pillow inside of a small apple purse inside of my normal purse, and goes with me everywhere my purse goes, but I don't take him out much in public places.

4. I have with my tiny and a another BJD toting friend on a day looking for tiny sized items for our dolls.

I'm one, however, that will likely never take a doll out unless I was with other doll friends, so I really only take them to meets or to friend's and family member's homes. Strength in numbers and privacy.

5. I took Nicolette to the antique mall the other day to look for furniture and props, but that's not quite the same thing. Otherwise, can't really see doing it unless a meetup was there.

6. I've taken Sage shopping with me before...but only if I need him for sizing purposes or I have a bag to protect him in. There are too many people in malls; I'd be afraid something would happen to him. I'd rather my dolls be safe than have them with me constantly.

7. I love how people are scared to bring their doll to the mall but are fine with having them at anime conventions.

I think that your doll is more likely to get stolen or damaged at an anime convention then a mall. At anime conventions some people automatically think "oooh look at person with the expensive dorrie, let's grab it" while at the mall most people automatically think"creepy person carrying around a scary doll, defintely staying away from that person".

8. I don't see the point, unless you're going to buy something that requires your doll to be there. o___O

9. Very true!

10. Yeah... that about sums it up for me :XD: I'm happy to take mine to a doll meet or a friend's house but I really don't see the point taking them shopping, it would just be a major inconvenience. Malls aren't really a big thing in London, and to think about taking mine to Oxford Street or Camden... um... NO.

11. No way! I only own SD sized dolls, and those suckers are HEAVY!

Besides, they're really just another thing to carry when you're shopping. I'd rather not risk dropping them!

12. I've only taken Kori to my local mall once and it wasn't that big of a deal.

It was during the Christmas holiday rush (a few days after I first got him) and my two friends and I just sort of walked in (Kori in my arms) and went to a few stores before leaving. We didn't stick around too long since it was so crowded so I don't think we had the time to encounter an issue xD. Though I doubt there would have been one in the first place.

As for the stares? I'm used to them by now...and no one said anything either :P

I may do it again someday, but we'd have to see.

13. I don't mind taking my lil MSD boy c:
      He doesnt catch much attention, because i keep him rly close to me. The only reason i'd take him is to buy things for him or just to hang out with other dollie friends at the mall. I never ever take him to the main busy downtown mall though, people will steal anything they can sell at the pawn shop. ><
      Otherwise I don't have a problem bringing him to the other malls where it is less busy and the local people are kinder c:

14. Unless it's an itty bitty tiny like a Puki that can be stashed easily in a purse or it's specifically for a doll meet ( though I'd think a mall would be a rather strange place to hold a meet ), I personally don't see any reason in bringing one of my dolls to the mall with me. Carrying these guys gets tiring after awhile, it increases the risk of something breaking or getting lost/stolen, and it distracts from the overall purpose of going to the mall in the first place. The only type of store I'd ever bring a doll into would be a doll/toy store, as usually the cute little old ladies who work there are very interested and it's easier to have the doll on hand to check for scale on things I'd want to buy.

15. If it were a meetup at a mall, that's OK.

Just going to the mall with a doll? No. Why? Clothes get crushed, wigs fall off, faceups get scratched, and I'm holding this big heavy doll--or tiny little doll that can get lost or fall over or break... There's no reason for me to bring a doll to a mall unless I want some mall background for photos (I won't!). I don't need to show off my doll to strangers. I don't need my doll as company when I'm shopping. Some folk might, though! Whatever floats your boat, you know??? :)

16. I took one of my dolls to the mall one time to look for in scale accessories. I'll never do it again , though. After a little while she just became too heavy, and I was paranoid something would happen to her even though I had her in a carrier.

17. No... but I don't take my dolls out in general.

18. I hardly take them out of my room =D which means that the mall or any place with a lot of people is completely out of the question.

19. I take my dolls out but never to the mall.
      Why? The mall isn't a very interesting place to start with and I am only ever in the mall when I have a mission to accomplish, the dolls unfortunately doesn't help with missions. So... no.

20. I'd be too terrified of them getting damaged!!!
      They look much cosier at home :-)