1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and Malls. Take um or not?

Mar 6, 2010

?
  1. Do you bring them to the mall with no sweat?

2. No no no! Never the mall is cursed, cursed i tell you!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Malls and dolls i guess dont work out!

2. Usually our country having doll meets in the shopping mall. But most of the malls we chose are more high class and much more cleaner so we could take our kids there for the meet ups. Some times if the malls I'm going have the awesome decoration or new place I might bring my doll along but mostly will be 1 of them following only. As long as you be more careful and take care well your belongings, I'm sure will be fine. XD

3. I only take them if there's a convention at the mall or a meet-up.

Other than that I'd rather not take them out. It's just too much of a hassle and most of the time he doesn't get out of the bag and that would make him sad.

4. Yea, some malls are nice, my mall is just, not clean and i dont even like going there anyway, once there was even a hobo near it ;;

5. I'd say depends on the mall, but I won't go to the "down town" one myself. Otherwise there have been no problems having a doll with me, and I could have sold quite a few dolls if I was a dealer. Most of the people who are interested have either never seen a ball joint doll in real life, and think they all look like the frilly goth ones in magazines, or haven't seen the brands I have.

Pretty much if I feel like taking a doll with me then I do. Usually it's a mini or the Obitsu 60 so they don't weigh that much. The minis used to go out more when there was a Friends 2B Made store at the one mall with stuff that fit them. The Orientdoll gets the occasional road trip to the Tonner store for stuff. I tend to take my minis out alot with me any way.

6. No way. Not only because of people who are rude and who have a compulsive need to grab things, but I tend to forget and leave things that are not in my pockets or in a backpack. bringing my doll would just give me even more to stress about, and I feel enough stress at home and at college. Don't need it at the mall.

7. I've done it when we wanted to take pictures at a specific location inside the mall - or if I had a doll with me that day and didn't want to leave them in the car. ^^; So far, nothing bad has happened. I hold on to my dolls for dear life usually. But the looks from other people get a bit awkward.

8. Aside from a few uptight women, the kind you can spot a mile away, there's only been the occasional snicker from a pack of middle school girls with their heads up their wazoos. I told them my doll was a trend they didn't know about yet and it shut them up.

9 3/4 times out of 10 people are great and you get all sorts of smiles from other people, especially if you're holding your head up and smiling yourself. Spreading smiles is a great way to make yourself feel better when you've got a bit of the blues.

And for picture taking I took a pair of off topics to the aquarium and got to be in a few places they don't let most people to get some great shots. But that doesn't compare to the one I took to Disneyland.

9. The store in the mall, I would ever take my doll is Hot Topic.

10. I'm getting more and more comfortable with taking my dolls out in public, but I still don't think I'd take them to the mall.

I hate the mall as is. TOO many stupid people in 1 place... so I'd be worried of getting bumped into or a bunch of people snickering... I don't even want to think about it. I'll shop there, but that's about it. I love my dollies, and I'm not ashamed. I just don't want to deal with that many concentrated stupid people. ^_^

11. I love taking Ommella with me...That is one reason why I'd never want an SD sized doll, MSDs are so easy to cart around.
      I don't really go to the mall, as it is a bad place, but if I do I take her. She just sits in my bag usually. It's fun to see peoples reactions to her.
      The only bad thing that ever happens when I take her out is wig/hands falling off. But if I'm clever I remember to secure them better. lol.

Edit: I was already used to people giving me strange looks by the time I got Ommella...(top hat wearing dose that to a person hehe)
      I have very little fear of strangers. I don't know them so why care what they think? Plus, if they try to take her I know I can probably beat them up..haha

12. I've taken mine to both of our local malls on various occasions, though not solo come to think of it. Most of the time I have another doll person with me as we're on the hunt for doll-sized goodies, and once a whole group of us descended upon the mall for the same reason. :) I'm pretty oblivious to people giving me odd looks, so I wouldn't know on that front, but several of the shopkeepers were rather fascinated with our dolls. One of them we spoke at length to and wrote down a few links. :)

I only take one at a time, though, because more than that is just asking for trouble.

13. I take my little ones pretty much everywhere with me (one at a time usually). My purses are usually big enough, and I make sure to dress them so that they're mostly covered to avoid scratches/stains.

So far, I haven't had any problems. I especially enjoy taking bike rides with a doll. I have a nice, big, lined basket that they ride in. They're perfectly protected, and it's great fun!

14. I think that I would be the kind to take my doll out with me almost wherever I go. But only if I had the means to take care of her properly, and store her somewhere if I need to.

15. I have a very safe, smallish and boring mall. I have taken a doll there. I am an adult, so heckling isn't such a concern for me in a place like our local mall.
      *Sings to the tune of Waltzing Matilda*
      "Freaking the mundanes, freaking the mundanes, who'll come a-freaking the mundanes with me?.."

But really I like to have a doll with me out in public to enjoy when other doll collectors inevitably approach me and say, "Okay, I gotta know- What kind of doll is that? S/He's gorgeous!!"

At the local Antiques Malls, however, my dollies are practically celebrities! The ladies working there LOVE them!

16. I've brought my "family" with me to the mall a few times, they go just about everywhere with me. I bring Ayame (Luts EL) and Itachi (BBB Weylan) just about anywhere and everywhere. Kana (MSD DZ Shoyo) is loved most of all by the Hot Topic crew, they love Itachi because of his ears and Ayame because he is sooooooo pretty lol I've been there with Dolly friends and alone, I could care less about what people think. I get strange looks but most of all I get people asking questions about them. I keep them very safe and I let parents know (if there kids are getting to close) that there for big kids. most understand, and the one's who don't I let them know why there for big kids. I have had several people ask to buy both Ayame and Itachi. they could offer me 3X the money my boys are worth and I would never sell them I give them the links to both here at DOA and to the site of the doll. I bought my dolls to have fun and to sew for them and show them off, I am a kid at heart an I am not ashamed to carry a doll with me in public! If they get dirty or such then I can give them a magic sponge bath =^.^=

17. I would never take my doll to the mall. Not only am I NOTORIOUS for losing everything I touch, he's a 1/3 and therefore huge (and then when you consider I'm incredibly petit myself, he just becomes unwieldy).. plus as long as I'm holding him, I can't hold anything else, and then what's the point of shopping if you can't get hands-on looking?

Not only that, but people are jerks and I can't even imagine what they'd say to a tiny boy walking around with a doll half his size...

18. I'd take my dolls to the mall if it's with a friend and if a fotoshooting afterwards is planned or something but to bring them with me only to carry them ô.O not really..

19. It depends on what mall Im going to (assuming that Im going alone). There are two malls near my house. If its the big one then no. Too many people, and too many grabby hands. If its the small one, then yes.

20. I take my dolls where ever I feel like. I don't care if people stare. In fact, I rather enjoy it. I've never had anyone touch without asking first and most people that talk to me are curious. The only rude people I've encountered have been at school but they're easy to ignore. :)