1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and names

May 23, 2008

1. This made me giggle XD Mmmm ... 7 of 9 ...... :love

Ahem! Actually, naming can be kinda dangerous too, as I found out the other day, hehe! I was browsing a particular doll site and found a mold I liked, investigated further, and ... accidentally gave the doll a name. Now that I've named him, I want him even more, because it's like he exists already ........ darnit ><; I'm gonna try and de-name him. XD

2. Actualy my boys always got a name and characters before their back- -

3. My girl's name is Eloise-Lorraine. But i often call her Shoyo.

4. I google for names ten I call out the name and look at the doll..if it seems to fit the doll, that will be the name for the doll..also, I'll try to find a name that suits its features and has a link to its official mould name..

5. The only two I've kept the mold names for are my Shirou and Isao. ^^;

I wanted them forever, and refered to them by their mold names, so it felt weird to swicth it. ^^;

6. just wondering..do you all find it alright for your doll to have a longer name/family name?
      like calling your doll Pinku Sakura instead of just sakura..

7. If i can get ahold of the two i want, Luke Version 2 and Homme Ducan, i will most likely see if anything comes to me when i get Luke, and Ducan is already going to be Duncan, since i keep misreading his name as such and its now stuck in my head. XD Luke might stay Luke, since it fits him pretty well.

8. When you name something, you make it your own. That's why I almost always give my dolls names other than the mold name. I have spent *weeks* agonizing over a new doll's name. :B

9. Some of mine have the original company name my Petite Ai Raphael, for example is still Raphael and the Hana Angel and Devil dolls from Elfdol are still Angel and Devil. The others have their own names, if some reason for it becomes apparent.

Sera (Elfdoll Soah) was sort-of-an-accidental-perchase (I was convinced I would be outbid but nobody else bid on her) so it's pure serendipity that she came to me and "Sera" is my shortened form of "serendipity".

My 43cm Narae is named Jane after the women who "persuaded me to get her.

My Petite Ai Gabriel is called Claudia because she seemed resistent to being called Gabriel and I buy a *lot* of clothes for Petite Ai sized dolls from Claudia at Boneka.

My boy (Luts Chiwoo) is called Alphie because Alphonse just seemed to be the *right* name for him but is a bit of a mouthfull so mostly it's shortened.

So mine are a mixed of re-named and default names.

Teddy

10. My MSD Midori is called by her product name. Reason, I wanted a sweet girl doll and I like the name Midori. When I founf MSD Midori she was just perfect, name and all.

I always name all my dolls something different, because I liek giving them their own name and sence of being, but I just couldn't bear to change her name from my initial plan just because it was her mold name.

So Midori is and always will be Midori.

11. My Luke was gonna be named Luka or Lukas for lack of a better idea. I didn't have a character for him yet. But then I bought Hjalmar, who screamed his name, personality and story at me through the computer screen and it flipped my idea for Luke into something much more clear and obvious.

I think I just needed the other doll to define who Luke was gonna be. And I like Kauko much better for him as a name. It made it so much easier to also decide on his looks.

12. Imogene's named took me a couple days to come up with, and not for a lack of trying. I went through several people and several dozen names before I decided on this one. I think it suits her, and it's the name of my favorite fictional character in the world.

I don't think I could change her name. Names are very serious to me, and once I've given something a name officially, it stays. Otherwise, their entire being would change, and I might as well get a whole new doll if I'm going to do that.

But I've been that way since I was little. Instead of renaming a toy, I just got a new one.

13. i havent got a doll yet
      but i made a whoooole list of names
      (also to help me with charecter names too)
      but now i have too many : )
      but i just thought of all my favorite names

14. I also will have a mixture. My Am. Goodreau's model name is Rumour. Not a very good permanent doll name, so when the name Fleur came to me for her, it stuck. :)

I will soon be getting Iplehouse Silvia and she will be Silvia. She just looks like a Silvia. :)

I will also be getting a Dollmore Momo,and again, Momo doesn't seem like a permanent name. Her name will be Cyanne.

I think it depends on the doll for me. If the model name is a real name, then it will most likely stick. If it's weird or not really a name, then a new name will just come to me.

15. Girls are called Erzsebet and Piroska. Erzsebet took a while to get there. Piroska was already thought up before the doll arrived. Incoming boy is Darcy, named by my mother. She likes him and hasn't really shown an interest in ABJD's before. Hopefully she'll get attached enough to make him some clothes. :lol:

16. I have no sweet clue what to name mine when he comes, but I'm sure something will come to me when I get playing with him and develop a personality for him and such.

17. Sure, why not? Andrea's full name is Andrea Grace McCormick. ^_^

18. I haven't gotten my Sard yet but I won't -really- be keeping his name Sard. I plan on modding him after one of my OCs, who did not have a name. So I decided to combine Sard with Jareth and call him Sarth.

19. My doll head (cause I only have a floating head) is named Alex. Which is short for Alexis because it seemed to fit. Well the Alex part did but seeing as she's a... She Alexis won for her actual first name.

20. Personally I plan on naming all my dolls myself, unless I really love the mold name.
      But right now I have no idea what to name my boy, and the mold name is "M" so it's not like that helps at all. XD