1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and names

May 23, 2008

1. I had a small list of names thought out for my AS Cain while he was in shipping but as soon as I got the box open "...Cain. Definately Cain."
      His name was most likely supposed to be Orpheus, Orphe for short (from the opera), but it didn't fit as well as his original~ So I just tacked on "Seraphim" to the front so I can call him Seraph as well as Cain.

~Ari

2. Meh, I'm still waiting on Floy. His name suits his mold well. It's a very delicate name for a doll with a pretty and delicate face. :3
      Still, I felt weird not giving him a different name... kind of like I wasn't really putting much effort into him so I looked around for a while and decided Hansel suited him well. When pronounced correctly in German it sounds really princely and charming. Prince Charming... hah.
      I would have kept Floy if I wasn't so inclined to give him a name of him own.

3. I have two boys on my savings list and I have already given them names. Names usually take a while, but I already have Characters from stories that are going to be represented in these dolls.

Testament and Noxx (Who will be called No-No for a little nickname) n___n;

4. I searched on just about 10 different name sites for the one that struck me.
      I had his stock pictures up so I would find a name, look at him, and see if it worked.
      :3
      Personally, I don't think "Chi" is a very fitting name for him.
      Maybe for his mold, but not him.
      And I can see how people would keep mold names, though.
      Some are perfect ^_^

5. I'm like that too. Even if I get tired of the name, I'll keep it just because that's what it's supposed to be called (doll or otherwise). ^^

6. It took me 3 days to come up with his name.

His full name is Takara Kiyoshi. English name Ducan (stuck with original for the same reason others have said. It suited him.) Of course, preferably ... I still call him Kiyoshi for the most of the time.

How did I finally come up with that name? Well ... to me, my Ducan seemed like a very cool and quiet kind of guy ... so "quiet" in japanese (for boy names) ... is "Kiyoshi" ... and Takara Yuki is my japanese name ... so I named him Takara Kiyoshi.

:)

7. For my second doll, which I just finished ordering (:aheartbea!) I chose the name 'Lettice'. I saw it in the "unique" section of a baby name site XD I thought "how weird!" but then..it's pretty cute. It suits her. So unless she tells me otherwise when she arrives, her name is Lettice! :)

8. I looked on a lot of name sites, but decided on naming the doll I'm saving for Okki (my old rabbit's name :P)

9. When Guy actually arrived, he completely shed the character I'd created for him. He's too smug. So now I'm still searching for a name- my sister insists his character is German and Chinese but I'm not so sure.
      He's being referred to as Captain Naked so far, as well as numerous other vulgar terms while I've been trying to restring him... grr...

10. omg i so did the same thing with those same two dolls LOL! Carmine and Duncan lol (except mine was by mistake)

11. Generally, when I'm trying to come up with a name, I think of what I'd like it to sound like, and just play around with names until I find one that seems to fit.

With the doll I'm getting soon, I wanted to give her the name Lily in honor of the lady selling me the doll, but I didn't want it to be the exact name. I also like the name Anastacia, so what do I do?

After thinking about it for a couple days, I was staring at my SR71 model, thinking that it would amusing to give her an aerospace-ish name, and it hits me. The doll's name will be Anastacia Lilienthal. Lilienthal has Lily in it, in a way, and Otto Lilienthal is of one of the pioneers of flight (I'm an Aerospace Engineer), and Anastacia, because of the Russian princess, and because I have always loved that name. So Anastacia Lilienthal, with Ana-Li as her nickname.

12. I'd usually go for what strikes me first when I see the doll. For instance, when I wanted to get a DZ Hid, his blood red eyes&hair, and this powerful 'feel' I got when I looked at him struck me first. So I decided on Ryuuchi, which means Dragon blood.
      After that, I changed my mind and got a DZ Mo-2. I got a very calm, peaceful 'feel' from him so in the end, I decided on Kazuki ( Harmonious child/ harmony+ hope) (:
      Basically, it involves on what words I think would suit him based on the kind of character I want him to have, and what sounds nice XD It took me about 2 months to decide on Mo-2's name but it was worth it! XD

13. I tend to pick out a name before they arrive. My entire crew is from Scandinavia so their names are too. Then I try to search a name for them that will fit who they are.

Hjalmar is a norse name that means 'helmeted warrior'. I gave him that name because to me he looked like a viking type.
      Kauko is a finnish name that means 'far away'. He got that because he was the only one having to come all the way from Korea.
      Skjalm is a danish name that means 'rogue, troublemaker'. He got it because he's not a very trustworthy guy and it's a pain in the arse getting him here.
      Trygve is a danish name and means 'trustworthy'. He's Skjalm's cousin and only slightly more reliable.

For Bix I'm still trying to decide. It's between Hlér and Kjartan at the moment.

14. Before I got him I stuck with calling him Zen. But now it's Homu. I know though once I see him, it'll settle to 'Darkshine'

15. I waited until I got my pukisha to name her. I wanted to give her something that was pretty, yet appropriate since she came from a rather Hindu-inspired set. So a week after I got her, I decided on the Sanskrit name Devika, which means "Little Goddess". And she looks like a little goddess, too. X3

16. What do your doll names stand for? Why did you name them that? I just wanted to know.

17. My doll's name is "Hisui", I'm not sure what it stands for, but that's what her model name was. I thought it sounded pretty so I stuck with it. Might change it later though.

18. That's a nice name. My dolls name is Pandora. I named her that after I read the book by Ann Rice.

19. Brannen is named, well, Brannen :P

Some time LOOOOONG ago I read something that it meant oak or stronghold, but when I looked it up today I saw it was a variation on Brandon, which means Sword ^^"... Still pretty awesome.

20. Well, the doll I'm saving up for I already know is named Vince/Vincent, which means 'Conquering'. Which I suppose is appropriate-- not in a warlike way, but in a so-cute-he's-taken-over-my-life way... very apropriate.

=^__^=
      Anneko