1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and peripheral vision.

Jul 23, 2016

1. I feel the same way!! They watch out for their dad otherwise no new clothes or shoes or goodies for them lol

2. Nope! I have, (though I say it myself so I admit it sounds absurd), phenomenally good, and very very WIDE peripheral vision, and faster-than-most-people motion tracking/perception. I can confirm my dolls only move when I, gravity or elastic makes them.

3. This is a fun topic!

I used to love looking at "haunted doll" videos on YouTube growing up. It fascinated me. Ironic that I now own dolls, lol.

Truthfully I have a mild anxiety for eyes in general. Ever since I was very young, I have always been very weary of my surroundings. If it has eyes or a face, I think of it or treat it as alive, like it's watching me and judging every action I make. I watch what I say or what I do. This could include things like the faces of people on the cover of a VHS/DVD case, an album cover, the family portrait hanging on the wall. I am a big time action figure collector aside from BJD and even with their eyes and faces, I get this way. Cameras have always done this to me too. I get paranoid of hidden cameras possibly being in ventilation systems or maybe microphones or something. Realistically I am aware that there is so little of interest to me that I know no one is truly watching, and I am fully aware that it's paranoia and eyes on the cover of my full set of "The Office" dvds isn't really watching me. I don't know if it stems from growing up on Toy Story as a kid or maybe my parents bringing me up in a religious household where God is always watching... it's a bit of an annoyance to feel this way all the time, actually. It's definitely become less intense as I've aged though.

What's even more ironic is that I actually want to get those "follow-me eyes" for my dollfie :sweat

4. No I am very square minded with limited imagination , if I thought my dolls could come to life I'd made them clean the house instead of me doing it :lol::lol:

oh gosh anytime I think I saw a rapid movement with the corner of my eye I get the bug spray, I am petrified of cockroackes and big spiders!! thankfully most of the time is just because of small light changes.

5. Kind of a fun topic. No, I do not ever see movements in the corner of my eyes that look like the dolls moving. I do have other hallucinations that I think are pretty typical of low vision people but they are not confused with something like that. I also do not ever feel that I am being watched because of being in a room with my dolls. Sometimes I do feel "presence" but only when waking from night terrors and still have an aura. This is very different! I think discussing it in context of dolls is interesting because the feeling of presence/ being watched is actually it's very own psychological phenomenon which can absolutely be totally seperate from any real world stimulation.
      Anyway, my dolls are good fellas. I feel very safe around them and they do not give me the Willies. :XD:

6. I never understood being freaked out by dolls, and I've owned a lot of goth and horror dolls in my life. Not scary at all. Just a doll. ....Until I got Aapo. This guy scares me so often when it's just dark enough to hide him except for that white face and clear grey eyes. I have to remind myself that he's in there, or he'll startle me every time! Doesn't help that his eyes are reflective and shine in very dim light. None of my others do that.

[​IMG]

7. I had a story of that sort. It comes from a time when I didn't sleep that much because I was passing a hard time in university so I used to stay up really late.
      That day I had taken some pictures of one of my girls with a fox mask made out of paper, and she stayed near me on the desk with the mask on for the rest of the day. At night, way passed a normal bedtime, I was watching a movie and I kept having a kind of hallucination on the corner of my eye that the doll has turned into a real fox. After a couple times noticing that and having to look at the doll to make sure that wasn't real, I went straight to bed and promised myself I would get more hours of sleep.

8. Kurt's (Soom Neo-angel Region Humpty-Dumpty) eyes tend to follow me. It's not my peripheral vision I worry about.

9. I get that feeling long before I even got my dolls. I never felt I was being watched by my dolls even when they're facing me when I'm at the desk or when I'm sleeping. I think I would be more concerned with something else watching me than my dolls. Although, I don't know what makes me have that feeling of being watched. It's been persistently present for many years whenever I'm alone.

10. That's pretty cool!