1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls as...Rewards?

Apr 26, 2010

1. Sorta the same thing with me, but I'm telling myself I can't have another doll until I get a full-time job. I'm usually more of a positive thinker but I guess the job constitutes a reward in itself.
      My first doll was paid for by some out-of-the-blue inheritance money. My second was because I got an extra illustration gig and earned some spare money that way. It'll feel great for me to be earning enough to save for my next doll one day. ;P
      Personally, I'd feel awkward being rewarded by other people for my achievements, I dunno why. I guess it's like Inkybear says - it feels like a bribe or undeserved when I've done well for my own benefit not for other people.
      Also, I apply the "I like it so I buy it" logic to dolls, I tend to feel that if I have the spare £££ I'll blow it.

2. hehe I have done this for getting my second doll. my first one I have been saving for over a year for, and will be able to get in just a few more months. But I have decided that I can get my second one after I have paid off my credit card that I used to buy my computer and game system last year with. I also would have to save a for a bit because I would only be using the money I would have paid on my card.

3. Yeah, Rae himself was brought as a reward for surviving/getting good grades at Sixth Form (basically, I just needed a reason behind spending such a lot of money, even if I REALLY wanted him anyway).

And I'm going to buy my soon-to-be Camine on the pretense of surviving college - the spec's for buying him were originally to "Pass or higher", but now it's just reverted to "survive" so I know for definite I’m getting him!

I'm not good at this whole, pick an incentive and keep to it, thing XD I just want the dolly! Semi-incentives do keep me working, though o.O

4. I'm planning to buy myself a doll for finishing highschool and enrolling in college (instead of taking a year off) :lol: It will take some time, as in not having the money until after my first or second semester of college or even longer, but I'm okay with that :3 The doll will be worth it and mean so much once they're here.

5. Dolls as incentives... that's actually a great idea. I could use one as an incentive for working really hard in school so I can catch up to where I need to be, and another for getting into a non-community college... (and practicing violin enough for that to happen).

6. I recently bought an Iplehouse Benny to boost my spirits, which were flagging after being with my mom for four weeks while she was in the hospital. I hardly had any time to do anything else except go back and forth to the hospital and when she started to improve I finally took some time and came here and was browsing through the News thread and saw that she was up for sale. I was smitten immediately and ordered her. It made me feel better and I guess it's sort of a reward to myself for getting through a harrowing time.

7. I've had to put off my order for a doll since my current job stopped calling me with work. (low economy=cut backs)
      I've told myself that when I get a new job, and I can survive any cutbacks and layoffs, I'll buy my doll. I know it may not sound all that positive, since no one can be sure of anything these days, but I am hoping and saving money. I am also considering expanding out my artistic talents to help save money.

It's always hard work to get the things you want, but I always appreciate earning whatever I can get.

8. Wow thats a pretty expensive reward XP maybe a doll outfit as a reward I would think.

9. That's a fantastic idea... Perhaps I can use that as incentive for paying off one of my credit cards...

10. I usually get decent grades and don't really spend much money on anything so just waiting so long to get my girl was my reason for "rewarding" myself with her.

11. I've actually used the reward system for all of my hobbies. My mother started one with me when I was in school,so I know how helpful they can be. Since I got really sick this semester and have been out of school a while my mother said she'd buy me a doll if I pass my classes...good motivation for making up work.:)

12. I haven't done this yet, but I'm planning to soon. I had two major hip surgeries this year and as a result, I was out of commission as far as exercise goes. Once the doctor clears me to start exercising again (only a month and a half to go on limited activity), I am going to work out some sort of system. Like, every week that I go to the gym 3+ times, I can put $25 in a special account to save for a doll or for doll accessories. That's the only account doll stuff can be bought from, so if I want anything, I have to work out.

13. I was planning on getting a doll when I lost 100 pounds, but the company went out of business and I haven't been able to exercise. Maybe I should put my next doll on the list to be the one I get. It's just I don't know which one I want first. An E.I.D. Luo or Littlefee Luna. :)

14. I haven't used this technique myself to add an incentive to any non-doll goals, but it would certainly be a useful idea. Good luck on your quest.

15. Great idea.
      I need an incentive to stick with my diet to loose those last 20 pounds. Though I am the type of person that needs smaller goals and immediate rewards to stay on track. I think I will reward myself daily for eating correctly by donating a dollar everyday I stay within my points (weight watcher member) and another dollar every day I excersise to my dolly fund. Then of course an extra bonus if I actually go weigh in an stay for the stupid meeting. I think that will be a great incentive to keep me on track! Thanks for the great idea.

16. ambshp I think that sounds like a great idea..one thing supports the other. Good luck, 20 lbs are doable. I have decided not to buy until I complete a project I've been putting off for too long.

17. I am going to be trying that for my next doll in fact. My reward will be a soul doll once I graduate college as long as I dont buy any dolls before then. Only a bit longer then a semester left. Hopefully I can hold out.

18. I've done this. I got myself an OT dolly, just a tiny, as a reward for pulling through a really horrible situation.

19. Hahaha I never thought of using motivation like this towards purchasing a doll =P
      Since I am still in highschool and without a job, or much way to get money, I pretty much can only buy a single piece of doll clothes at a time :( I suppose if I do well this year that will justify buying more than one clothing article? xD

20. I did in a way have such an agreement with myself (buying a doll for fulfilling a goal), but I had to give it up due to health reasons. I hardly exercise (I bike everywhere, but that's about it), so my goal was to exercise more, but then I started dramatically losing weight. I was slightly underweight already, and my weight still drops dramatically unless I consume huge amounts of sugar and fat every day, and since my appetite didn't go very much up, as it was supposed to, I had to stop. In addition, it seems like I've been "blessed" with a condition which saps my energy away all the time (I'm pretty sure I know what it is and I'm getting it checked this coming Monday), so I, frankly, couldn't manage to jog/run etc. at all without being completely out of it the rest of the day.

So, instead of buying a doll for fulfilling that goal, I bought a doll for being able to find and keep up a time-consuming part-time job while still acing school and still having the time to enter lots of swaps. Yeah... maybe not the best goal, but I didn't exactly want to give up on the doll I wanted just because my body couldn't take the original challenge.