1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls changing personalities on you?

Aug 10, 2005

1. Chin-Mae is only a little different than I invisioned him to be... expcet for one thing. I had planned to get him a lot of elegant, ruffly, Renissance-inspired clothing. Unfortunetly, all he wants to wear is jeans and t-shirt! *sob* I spent over a hundred bucks on a nice outfit for him, too, and it just doesn't fit his personality.

Oh, well... hopefully Min will like to dress up in cute little ruffly dresses :grin:

2. Oh sure. I had a preconcieved notion of what Alice would be like. Sweet, quiet, shy, a little girl.

Um, no. She's snarky, cranky and wants to conquer the world. And she's not a little girl, she's 12 1/2, "totally a grownup, sheesh!"

3. Now that I think about it, I think I'm gonna change some of my original character plans once I get my doll. I've come up with a new name, too.

4. I think this is a great idea! The very first thing I ever bought in the world of BJD's was a pair of high top pink tennis shoes from Posh dolls..... but when my Lishe, Hadassah arrived, they did not fit her personality at all.... There are some things that were the same as what I'd originally thought, but many things about who she is were a surprise so it's probably best to do as Wee Little Faerie (love that name!) says! LOL!

Judy

5. My MSD Nasia was *supposed* to be nice and sweet and cute and little-girl-like. And then over time, she grew this really egotistical personality and now she's convinced that she owns the world and everything in it. :roll: Funny thing... I've had her for two years, and I just NOW figured what kind of hair and eyes she's supposed to have. Nothing else fit before!

Naoki, on the other hand... I always thought Bin's face looked really sweet and kind, and that's exactly how my Naoki ended up. :grin:

I guess I'll see how my Lishe works when I get her here. Hopefully she won't switch, because the personality came into my head as soon as I saw photos of her.

6. This sort of happened with me...I had got Jules expecting a more sweet and vulnerable boy and got the opposite. >_>; And even since I first got him, he's changed, well, not DRAMATICALLY but a little bit, slowly. The more time I've spent with him the more I've found out what his personality truly is and how some clothes I used to put him in just don't seem to work any more. He's more snarky than before. But I wouldn't say they were really changes in his personality, more like developments. ^^

7. This happened to me both times I bought dolls. With Florizel it was kind funny, because when he first arrived he rejected any preplanned personalities I had...but now he's kind of morphing back to what I'd originally wanted.

Rosalie was supposed to be an existing character, and after looking at Bomi photos online, it really did look like a good fit. But upon arrival, the character and the doll simply didn't connect at all. And thus I had to create a new character.

8. this HAS happened to me. when i first got Mackenzie i had thought she was going to be a certain way and she's totally opposite! she's a lot more calmer than i had thought and she still speaks her mind but she's also more girlie than i thought she'd be. and i too feel guilty for changing it. i havent changed it in the DES database cuz yeah guilt lol i feel like i lied but i guess this will happen every now and then :)

9. I had planned my boy-o, Mel, to be a little arrogant, cocky and egotistical. I took ONE look at him and realised, he didn't fit. I held him and cuddled him and realised he was shy, tender and very giving.

When I buy him things, I have to sneak them on himj for fear he'll get upset I spend monies on him. He's beautiful all the same.

I hope this doesn't happen with the twins when I get them... TT_TT

10. My dolls don't. Mines are characters I create only to fit that doll. Most of them do just pop up once I see the doll in person. That's sometimes weird to me, seeing how their personality blows up in the middle of just a resin piece.
      It means, once I see the doll, I create its personality and everything, so I don't get surprises... well, a few ones. Sometimes, you can't imagino how will it look like and you think it's perfect but, once you have it home you realize that, what you thought was perfect, in fact isn't.

11. Heh! Because of problems like this, I never had a set personality/character ready for mine. Even now, he doesn't have one. It changes so much with changes in clothes, hair, eyes.. etc.. I gave up giving him a character altogether. Now, I go with what he looks like right at the moment. It's easier that way.

Before he came, I thought a lot about a character and just decided to stay neutral with a "cute, sweet, young" type. He still kind of resembles it but he throws me off a lot when I change his wig. Ha!

12. Of course it happened to me!! And not only once...

When I fall in love with a doll, I use to make a personality for him/her, imagine clothing style, eyes colour, an appropiate name that fits perfectly...all that kind of things (even I imagine how will be the voice in my head XD)

But when the doll arrives,surprise!! Neither the name,clothing or personality is what I expected.The face is different!! It happened to me several times, but finally I find all that matches!!

13. Devlin is a totally different character than I imagined him to be. In fact, he just changed his name to suit the way he is. (It was Dante.) He's a WS Soom Namu & I thought he would be dark & brooding & slightly evil. Well, the brooding part stayed but he's not really dark, just more misunderstood & a little masochistic & not evil at all. He's a poet & a very gentle young man. He's about the doll I hug sometimes because he just seems to need it.

14. When I first got Imelda, I was hoping she'd be energetic and tomboyish, like her character. I don't know why, but she seemed a bit shyer to me. :/ So I had to change the character a bit.
      Ever since Yu arrived, though, she's had a more energetic look to her.

Yu's been just perfect. o.o Then again, his character is pretty much set in stone, so I knew exactly what mold would be right for him.

15. When I first found out I was getting a Jade... I envisioned frilly lace and tight leather pants... I think if I tried to put Zaydin in that now he would kill me... >.> (His twin sister might wear it though) ^^;;

16. As most people here seem to agree here, having a pre-set personality is nice, but there are so many time where it doesn't work! The little devils seem to have personalties of their own. My Hewitt was meant to be a total brat, and he sometimes is, but he is far sweeter that i would have expected!
      I think that's what is so interesting and magical about those dolls.

17. They change character a lot! XO Maybe because they seem to hold expression a certain way, and not just the face. Especially when taking photos--and the only ones that work out nicely are of a mood that you didn't intend. ;o;

18. I've had that happen to me before as well. After many upgrades and switching around molds I've learned to have a loose personality type I'd like for the doll and mold it later to fit them better when they arrive. n.n.

19. Before I got Eiji, his personality was completely different. Then he arrived, and he wasn't Eiji. But eh, I tried, and we all know how that worked out ;~;
      Hayden was pretty much the same as now. Almost exactly the same.
      Vin was kind of... nothing before I got him. But now, he's got a 'tude and probably has the most personality out of my two boys.
      Lets just see how my Narin-boy goes. I think that's the reason I've still not named him yet lol.

20. :o ohmigosh yes! Nova came here and once she was assembled she was quite a little brat, then transformed into a sweetheart... she's now slowly becoming a vampire/demon girl.

Also, when she first arrived I intended her to be interested in boys and girls. I'm not sure if it's been the influence of her cross-dressing cousin, Daisuke, or not, but she's been shying away from all sexual interest, with the occasional crush on a boy. (Latest target: LexehAnn's new Gabriel. Status: gay and taken by her last crush, Elliot.) xD Poor girl is just going to become a completely sexless being in time.