1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls changing personalities on you?

Aug 10, 2005

1. Discord..Not so much.
      Qi Fing, definately. xD
      Ryn'ime...nah.
      Hiral...nope. x3

Qi Fing's the one I have the most problems with @__@;; And at one point, Saibraeus. So I just kinda...changed the old crew into others ^__^; I guess it sorta helped that I usually have characters springing up left and right in my mind, so it was easy to know when I ask the dolls. xD; THey kind of don't leave me alone << 'Saibraeus' was always demanding 'I AM A'SULA D< WOMAN! CHANGE ME!'

>>; So yeah. /crazy/

2. I think my doll's personality changed a little to how I had in mind, but that's because I biult up the doll and the look in my head, then I used a different doll for her, which was a really weird transition. She's much like how I pictured her but I do think having a different mold made her her own person al little more.

3. Emiko and Mashiro's personalities have pretty much stayed the same way that I envisioned them right before I got them. Emiko's personality changed over the course of my thinking about her before I got her, she started off a naieve prude, and ended up being just naieve.

4. I didnt have any ideas for Mal when he was on his way. It seems to me that its in photoshoots that I end up capturing moods and personality bits. Often I dont even mean to then I look at the photos and theres that face that says "Im irritable if you disturb me durring my quiet time" or "yeah, I KNOW Im a show off, deal."
      Mal is my first doll, I didnt expect sooo much personality from a doll, its amazing.

5. I must be odd, but I don't have any particular plans for the dolls AT ALL when I buy them. No "story line", no "characters" -- just interest. Actually the couple of times I've tried to fit a doll to a character it's been an unmitigated flop. :sweat

I kinda wish I *did* have some sort of a story for this crew... I love reading everyone else's.

At any rate, I'm having difficulty still pinning them down on their very names in some cases! :roll: Especially troublesome are the Ttory elf boy who I love to distraction but whose name isn't...quite...right yet. And the 3 Elfdoll elf tinies who still give me disgusted looks for naming them "Flik, Flitt, and Flynn." :lol:

So the poor dears may go through yet more name-changes :) And maybe they'll stop looking disguested and hurt.

Someday.

Signed: the person whose picture is beside the word "unimaginative" in the dictionary

6. My doll changes personalities everyday, and I don't even have her yet! I guess that says something about me, doesn't it :-P

7. So I'm not the only one then. While I was waiting for Kiera, I got everything all figured out. Or so I thought. Her name was going to be Tommie, and she was going to be a slightly tomboy-ish little thing.

Well, she had other plans. Once I had her in my arms I knew "Tommie" wouldn't work, and settled on "Ren". But everythime I thought her name, it came out as Kiera. So I compromised with her, made Ren her last name, and now she's happy.

I also got her personality wrong, as she's much more of an impish semi-rocker than a tomboy. I guess it just goes to show that our dolls have their own personalities, eh?

8. GAH! My computer malfunctioned, so I thought I lost my previous response. Just ignore this.

9. o_o; I thought I was the only one with this problem. I originally intended Kichi to be a why loner that rarely showed his emotions but he ended up being sweeter than I had planned.
      He's a bigger sweetheart and seems to get along with other people. He's also even more energetic than I imagined but I guess that's all because of an MNF Shiwoo's nature.

10. Add me to the list. After an extra long (holiday-caused) shipping time, a head arrived that I had great plans for. He was faced-up very gothy, moody, and was going to be a troubled soul, if not downright sinister (vaguely connected with a fantasy story percolating around in my head for eventual writing). I knew what kind of black-haired wig I wanted on him, had a body ready, and was just working out his style of clothes. He already had good dusky blue eyes coming with him.

However, the second I popped him on his new body, and tried on some wigs, he turned into an utter wig-horse and insists on looking best in a couple of auburn and/or white wigs - and also insists he should be allowed to have several for his personal ongoing use! And then suggested an eye change. I'm now on a quest for green.

And his coloring/blushing/shadowing is the same, I'm sure it is - but he's looking - brighter somehow, and - dare I say-- perkier? -- every day.

I had a name for him, but he no longer fits it, and at this point I have no idea what type of character he's evolving into.

This is like when I named my lionhead goldfish "Worf" - and then she spewed eggs all over the tank.

11. When I first ordered Issachar, I thought he was going to be nice and well-mannered. That illusion lasted a day XD He developed an attitude fairly quickly and a teasing nature that flared up every so often. He's still nice in general though^^ A little less tollerant though,.

12. I've learned that resins assert their own personalities! When I got my elfdoll Soah I thought she would be a fashionista and she's turned out to be a rocker chick. So she needs a new face up! Scary! Then she demanded a name change! It is fun to watch them elvolve.

13. I am facing that right now. I have a Uni Doll Jace that I bought. Wasn't happy with his moody face and his pale body, so sent his head to one artist and his body to another. Both did an excellent job and I thought here at last was my Shigure. But since he has been home another persona seems to ebb up. Not of a Vet who was a child genuis so was able to finish all his schooling and medical training to do this work in his 20's and not 30's but an older soul is coming forth and he hasn't been sleeping at night but during day, he likes to walk around without his shirt, he won't talk to any of the others and well if I didn't know better I would swear he was a vampire. Not that I have anything against vampires, but not what I had in mind here. So my question is and please PM as I am sure this post will be lost in the many pages of DOA but should I find him a new home where other's like him live where maybe he'd be happier.

[​IMG]
      This is Shigure, does he look vampire like to you?
      Thanks, MK

14. I wouldn't say mine change but they progress, I can feel the baby of the group wanting to change her style a little, wear older type clothes and change her hair style. I don't want her to get old but I feel like she wants to be...if that makes sense.

15. Try changing your fellows hair and eyes, MK. That can make a world of difference with a doll. It may just be that what you've got him in at the moment is too dark for his face-up.

That aside... I've had a couple that just didn't work for the characters that I'd planned on making them before they arrived. They just became other members of the cast (Some existing before the doll arrived, some new and designed around the resin avatar-).

I've also had a few established ones shift on me after awhile, but that's been a lot rarer. Shatterglass (my modified Sleeping Elf Shiwoo) did that after I sold Shakti (a Juri '05 mod who was the "other half" of the pair-). Ahnju (one of my Vampire Elf Yders-) did it when I got Ryuko... and then my BW Sleeping Harang got a face-up and started looking more like a guy than the girl he was supposed to be. o_O

The most recent migration has been Alex, my Sleeping Yder mod. He started out as the avatar for a favorite Space:1889 engineer character, but is currently hanging around with my Victorian faeries, in a new wig and eyes, dressed like a priest. 'Wants to be one of the Irish Daoine, apparently.

Dolls. Opinionated little pains in the rump. :lol:

16. I wouldn't say any of mine have changed personalities, per se, but certain personalities have become even more pronounced amongst them (namely Ilú, whose character has always been willfully difficult and bratty, but he's become even moreso since getting a resin body. I think he's realised the amount of fussing it gets him, so he acts out even more... :roll: )

17. I did try other wigs on him, not a lot to chose from in boy stuff here and eyes I want to just fix them I don't think color will effect him that much. In nay case opted to find him a new home as I feel more like creating a family and well he wasn't going to work in this one or the other one planned. Best to find him a family he will fit in. Thanks for the advice, but he is set in his ways as am I.

18. When I first ordered Darcy (DZ Hid), I thought he was going to be this mature, intelligent, super-sarcastic person that would be like a pixie mentor to the bigger boys.

Well, he arrived and I opened the box. Darcy's face-up was sweeter, and he looked alot younger than what I expected. Then all of a sudden I had this selfish, greedy, vain, rude little person in my house!

Its odd. He's nothing like what I wanted, but he's exactly right.

19. Well, mine's changed names from Cain (after the guy who committed the First Murder) to Ives (a name in French which means "Yew"), so the personality's changed a little, but just a little because both names have connections to death anyway.

I think names have connections to personality.

Or maybe it's just me.

20. I imagined Hansel to be a very uke-like crossdresser at first, still a bit pompous at times but in reality, very clingy.

When I got him the first thing I tried to put him in was a cute frilly Lolita-ish dress I stole off a porcelain doll. I swear he gave me a look that said, "Why are you doing this? I really don't feel right... >>;;"

I thought it was just the dress so I tried again with a pink polkadot skirt I whipped up in a few minutes... he looked miserable when I tried to put it on. .____.

I also thought he'd be %100 gentlemanly around women but as of last night having him around my other random dolls he looked like a bit of a womanizer.

Apparently he came with more dignity and boldness than I thought.