1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls changing personalities on you?

Aug 10, 2005

1. Meredith was thought of before he came home... but his character was made for the doll too, so he keeps changing all the time because I had to think fast to make the character xD! He is always the same, but still I learn some new things...

Whats changes the most is their appearance though.... They get tired of having a certain haircut or color and just want to change and make everything to not look good in what they wore before XD

2. This happens, and it sort of ties into the whole "dolls can think" type thing, well, it does for me anyway.
      When i first got Emi-C. she had no idea what she was, and like children, she has gone through personality changes and the clothes that she likes/dislikes have varied greatly. I really like looking back at old photos and seeing what my dollies were like before they knew "who they were", so to speak. She went from being very innocent to a moody wreck to a bully and is now just settling down and becoming sort-of-sweet-but-still-judgemental. hehe.

After getting two dollies i have realized that, for me at least, it's very unwise to plan out their character before they arrive for the doll themself has their own personality that you can't really determine, but only interpret.

3. I had Kyoharu's personality sort of planned out. I knew I wanted him to be nice, polite, and shy, when I got him he was all of that and surprised me with how very anti-social he was. During meets he doesn't like to be around anyone/thing but me. o-o Despite that fact about him, if you come by with a camera he loves you to take pictures of him, but that's about all he enjoys of people outside the "cirlce", not much a circle since I'm one person, but eh. lol

4. It's good to hear Lu isn't the only doll with a mind of its own. Seems a lot of people here have had the same thing happen personality-wise. :lol: Lu was initially supposed to be a sweet, shy, quiet little thing.

She's still sweet, sure, but shy? Quiet? HahahahahahahaNO. She's kept that air of innocence somehow, but as soon as she started going to meets I realized she's way more trouble than I thought. She'll wander anywhere and talk to anyone and won't think twice about it. Uh, sweetie, you're a runaway. You're supposed to NOT bring attention to yourself. :? Ah well, just means more work for the people looking after her.

5. For me, it's not so much the doll's personality changes, but my ability to relate to them changes. For example, my Migidoll Ryu, Akirou, was a character that was very dear to me. He's always angry and likes to keep to himself. He's a bit of a badass; he has the bite to match his bark.

But when I created that character I could relate to him, stuff in my life at that time was crap. Now things are better and I can't get back into that headspace that created him. I can't relate as much as I used to with the personality that Akirou has.

6. Yep, I can relate. My Michele (a Leeke Mihael) was going to be such a sweet, pouty little golden boy... LOL! He was gonna look just like he did on the Leeke website: blond hair, light eyes, rosy blush. I was already picking out oversized cable-knit sweaters and corduroys.

Needless to say, all that went right out the window as soon as I took him out of the box. Turns out that Michele is a red-headed, taciturn old soul with a penchant for victorian-themed goth clothing. :doh And I adore him for it.

7. While I don't necessarily create specific characters for my dolls, and don't intend to necessarily have a doll to specifically be any of the original characters I have for my writing, I rely on the doll to give me an impression of the personality when I get them--though I do envision their personalities after ordering them.

Sorcha, my DZ Shoyo, is the prime example of a doll whose character has changed pretty dramatically from what I first envisioned. I expected her to have a bit of a spunky, hot-tempered side. Instead, she's a lot more laid back and sweet-tempered and patient than I originally thought. Ty is the only one who has remained consistent, though he is pretty darn loyal to Sorcha, and has pretty much restrained his "lady man" ways. Especially now that Sorcha's big brother, Cadence, has arrived. Cadence, too, is one who has changed a bit--though I've had him only a few weeks now and am still feeling out his personality. Like his sister, he's pretty laid back and cool. He's supposed to be my "rock star" but he's becoming more a single artist than a band member.

8. That's EXACTLY why I couldn't get a doll and plan for him/her to be a character I'd already made because I just know that their own personality would start shining through and I'd feel really guilty, it's like shoving a pre-made soul into someone else's body.

I ordered Tatiana about a week ago and I have a picture of her as my wallpaper and I had no idea what sort of personality she'd have but she looked quite innocent on the picture so I just figured I'd go with that and I bought a wig I liked the look of from iplehouse. Now, I'd had a sort of off-feeling about this wig but I had no idea why because whenever I went back to the picture I loved it so because I had to make a decision (so that I'd only have to pay for postage once) I bought it. Then a couple of days ago (I'm thinking maybe they've started making her?) I sort of heard her voice. And she hates the wig, she thinks it's too boring. She wants orange eyes. And I have to wait for her to get here so that she can choose her clothes and name by herself. :aeyepop:

So it seems I have a spoilt little girl on my hands :XD: But knowing her personality and especially the fact that it was nothing like what I thought it would be is quite exciting, so I'm not complaining! Well... except the fact that I have no idea what to do with the wig. She'll have to put up with it until I can find her one she likes :roll:

9. I planed every dolls name and personality before, for all that I feel their own personality sometimes. so I don't plen anything now, I just observe them..It is only personality but also their looking. wigs, outfit, eyes.....even now I'm trying to find that from newest ones:roll:

10. Awww, I know how everyone feels on this :D
      My dolls have all done the exact same thing!

Elgin: Was suppose to be a total jerk with a Gothic type of personality. Dark, Brooding, and angry. He ended up being Soft, Quiet, Sweet, and Loving.
      Gavin: Was originally named Viktor. He was suppose to be a Russian who had many prison tattoos on his body and a really hard out look on life. He ended up being named Gavin, and now has a "Silent Jerk" out look on life. He's really quiet, but real Prick XD
      Zander: I wasn't really sure on him. I just let him go and be whatever he chose to be. Right now he's a "creature" (Not sure if he's a demon...or what he is) that has a strange fascination with eating his toys if they have metal on them. (He gnaws the metal off)

So..there you have it. My insane little group of dollies XD

11. I got my Delf IF to be my only active female character Hikaru. I love her dearly but she seems to have a softer feel about her then I expected. She's still my Hikaru but she's less the fighter than intended. Even if I get another bjd to be my Hikaru, I'll have no issues letting this girl become whoever she would like to be <3 She's charmed me utterly.

12. When I bought my first doll, Laila came with a free event head. My initial plans for the event head was to create a fantasy fairy character. After doing the first faceup, I had a really hard time with first discovering the doll's name and then fitting her into the character I had planned. It got to the point where I was planning on selling the head. . . . On the advice of a very good friend, I redid the face-up and switched out eyes and wig and slowly the character of Oracle came to life. . . . I still don't know all that much about Oracle (she's secretive), but as I've let her evolve on her own, she has become one of my dear and favorite dolls. She isn't what I had planned on her becoming, but she is definitely her true (moody) self.

13. Yes, it was. In fact, it appears that all my dolls slightly differ from personalities I thought for them. But in all cases the doll very fits my plans and I change nothing in it.

14. I was having a great time coming up with a background for my Luts Lio when he was being shipped, well he was supposed to be a she.
      A really badass and piraty take charge captain. :| Now Kell is a shy, sleepy, loner who can't get enough sweets. But his personality fits him better now, and made him even cuter to me.;)
      Almost like he was growing and getting more self-aware and confident of himself.
      He also runs around half naked, not something a girl would do... usually.

15. Unless they're a character doll, I usually only have vague ideas of the doll's personality. However, I envisioned my B&G Freya as a quiet, sweet girl, but after I failed to give her a faceup in that style I realized that she wanted to be much louder and spunkier. I can't imagine her otherwise now!

16. dunno if this is entirely relevant, but I'm planning on getting a dollzone Beetta next and started to develop her character almost a year ago. I'd planned for her to be more of a marionette kinda person, with a soft personality and being more of an observer, and her story didn't really progress because she wasn't telling me anything. But last august I got a migidoll head, who had a very obvious character pretty much installed.
      Suddenly little quiet Suzumebachi just slammed me with her story. Now her character is a boisterous, feisty 18 year old girl who is always bashing heads with Abe (migidoll miho) as well as toying with him, and she has moments of being very depressed then being very eager to be in the midst of any chaos that is happening around her O_o needless to say i was shocked at the change in her personality. And she's not even here yet! o.O;

17. After I created my character Aria, she was supposed to be my forever 17, loud, vivacious rocker goth-punk loli girl who could care less about anyone that's not herself-well, at least she kept her fashion sense. She changed after one random weekend at home. She's older than the immature body she's on and doesn't want a more mature body to better show her age, really quiet, taciturn, shy sometimes with the occasional feisty spark that's adorable but annoying. She rather sit and watch tv all about fashion and medicine then get her picture taken. Mase only added a new part to his original personality-the silent but strong type on top of his arrogance and charisma. I love them both regardless, but now, I will have to plan all future dolls, including Uzi due this summer-fall, on looks only and let them tell me their personality.

18. Emma's character doesn't really match her resin form. Even though her resin form came first, I think she looks a lot more docile than her character is supposed to be. But I mean, once you get the ball rolling, there's no way to change it for me.

I hope Emma's brother doesn't get like that, because his character is actually formed to some degree, and I haven't even finished saving/planning.

19. I don't own any dolls yet, but most of them already have personalities sort of planned out for them. Only one is pretty concrete, while the rest are flexible. I know my poor girl has changed names, looks and personality enough times to cause a personality disorder... while my main boy is trying to find a doll that seems to fit him the most. He's pretty picky, and it's frustrating to find something that fits just right. The last three are in the twilight zone and are just waiting in general. They're the ones that need the most fleshing out as far as characterization goes.

20. Audrie.
      At first she was this super sweet girl.
      Now she is a grungy princess!