1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls in pairs or trios?

Apr 19, 2017

1. I'm completely guilty of having a unoa duo- for now I just have Tiramisu and Eclair (matching dessert names for my Sist and Lusis :whee:)
      [​IMG]
      When I have the disposable income to get them repainted, they'll both go to the same artist as well to keep up the matchy-matchy theme.
      If I had the money, I'd probably own at least one of every sculpt unoa offers, but aside from my Alchemic Labo addiction, my first doll was a B&G Sharon and my second was his female counterpart Triya. My current collection has 2 minifees, 2 unoas, 1 unoa/minifee hybrid.. I guess you could say I have a preference in my dolls and enjoy having pairs :lol:

2. I really enjoy pairing very stylized dolls with more realistic ones, so I have several Volks/Iplehouse dolls who get paired together in photos just because I love the contrast in face styles between them.

3. I always thought Luts and Volks dolls look good together. My sister and I own a set of four brothers. From left to right:

Josey (Luts Winter 09)
      Tanner (Volks School A )
      Chance (Luts Pedro)
      Everett (Luts Wayne)

[​IMG]

Chance and Everett belong to @Christina_Xx

4. [​IMG]

5. I generally like the idea of having my dolls in pairs, but less as siblings and more as friends/couples!
      I currently have two dolls (a DZ Lola (Luna) and Myou Carr (Maho)), although they're not really the sort of match I like, as their heads are pretty different in size. I'm currently awaiting another doll (A Dream Valley Vine) to pair up with Maho, and am on the lookout for a second girl to be Luna's friend :3
      I'm considering making that one either another Dream Valley, or a Myou doll to be a sister for one of my boys for that extra bit of connection!

6. Mine are all basically based off of OCs or existing characters. They all have different types of relationship connects that run the gamut. Friends, siblings, romantic pairs—it allows the crew to feel more complex and intricate to have them in some kind of grouping. It would be weird if they were all separate floating identities without connections.

A story is made up of intricate parts—and that includes relationships. :kitty1

7. Dream of Doll had two molds called Too and Bee-a. They were advertised as a romantic couple, and DoD's schitck was they could only be purchased as a pair.

8. All my dolls are couples or thruples with the exception of a couple of child sculpts. Of the child sculpts, I have a pair of twins, Vuchel & Vashin that are RS Bao's, one in WS and one in dark grey. I do have doubles of other sculpts but they're not twins and only one pair is related.

Jaiseki and Tohan are related (nephew/uncle) and they are both AoD Min sculpts in NY and tan, respectively. Ondraeden and Sancire are both Soom ID51 London's in dark tan but are not related in any way (although they live in the same world). Ondraeden is the Elder God of Fear & Nightmares while Sancire is a Pepsinae (and married to Liroshan, God of Dusk & Dawn, Granado 53 Lucifer). Haniel exists in child and teenage form. As a child, he's a Cherish Doll Chubby Demon. As a teen he's a MNF Ruth.

Kulfi and Malachite are both Impl Ziv's but are not related at all although they exist in the same world and their lives are connected. Kulfi is a gorgeous pistachio ice cream green and Malachite is a dark green with olive tones. Kulfi was supposed to be Malachite but he was cast in the wrong shade of custom green and Impl said I could keep him and they'd re-make my order in the correct green. Kulfi is a Fluorinite and husband to Rhyia, a Wahynd (Soom Euclase) and Akusuo, God of Secrets, Wishes & Dreams (Dollshe Hound). Malachite is the God of Crystals & Stone and is married to Qayin, a Chimeric Demon (BiDoll CS) and Ji-Sun, God of Carnal Desire, Love & Fertility (SD Juhl). Malachite also exists in child-form as an Impl Simon Colourful Life in green.

9. What a gorgeous picture

10. So beautiful

11. Thank you.

12. I love to develop interaction and relationship between pairs and larger groups.

[​IMG]

13. Yes, I have a triplet problem.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

14. Once I got a Real Puki Aki, she needed a companion/counterpart. I got a Toki to fit with her. I feel like I have enough Real Puki with the two of them as they have a perfect duallity between them, though I've seen whole families of Real Pukis in the care of other collectors!

15. I've owned multiples a few sculpts in the past and still own three Doll Chateau Barbaras (I'd add to these three if I could, but unfortunately she was discontinued). I'm planning on more duplicates (namely Dollmore Catish girls) in the future, but the resin tones will be different as they have been with any repeats I've owned previously/currently.

16. My four dolls make two pairs. There's Ilari (Leekeworldl Mabel) and Lorina (Bambicrony Emily), and then a grown up Ilari (Migidoll Owen) and their daughter Emie (also a Bambicrony Emily).

17. What a sweet picture

18. I have a tendency to put small groupings together for character development and display interaction, so it’s only natural that I’d come up with an occasional pair of identical sculpts in my collection. There’s a pair of Harajuku girls, a couple of twin gamers, a pair of genie twins, and a couple of forgotten toys in the attic. What can I say? Sometimes you just really fall in love with a particular sculpt!;)

[​IMG]

#39 PoeticSoul, Oct 30, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    19. I usually like them in pairs, sometimes trios. For a while, it would depend on how many would fit on and around a BJD sized couch as our original intention with our collection was to stop if we no longer had room on/around this couch. Bwahahaha. What fools we were! :|:doh:lol:

For both my husband and me, we also have our favorite sculpts. Like, I really love the Volks SD Kun sculpt (F-22). I so far have an SD, Yo-SD, and a Dear SD version. I remember seeing some awesome tanned versions on DoA a few years back so one day I'll probably do an FCS to get something close to that. Even though I really don't need more Kuns, I still check out the secondhand market for more just because I like how versatile that sculpt is. My friend did a hybrid boy Kun with a Luts Senior Delf body and he was gorgeous! She then made him into a girl on an SD10 or SD13 body and I loved how different but beautiful she looked compared to my own Kun. On the other hand, my husband really loves the Volks SD13 Jun Tachibana (original version) and we've gotten two so far. I still check for him if any others go on sale, but as the years go by it's harder and harder to find one that isn't too modded or isn't the other version.

I feel with dolly companies it's just a way to make me want to get all of them. Like, Iplehouse had this Carved Heritage collection from years back and if you start from the Elf Grace (whose story wasn't really fleshed out) and work your way all the way to the end with Rania, you have actually a pretty decent photo story with each of the characters being one of these dolls. Be prepared to sit in front of your computer for a bit as you let the photos load, but seriously, the story is so worth it.

At this point, it's siblings, cousins, extended family, etc. Hahaha. :sweat Since I buy from Volks, the dolls I have really do look like they are all from the same beautiful family. There are definitely groupings though. Like Marie (SD Kun), Kunkun (Yo-SD Kun), and Naomi (SD13 Jun Tachibana) are the original "sisters" for us. Since we each picked them for ourselves and they were our only three for the first couple years, they are in their own league in our collection. Skipping to another batch, there are Sarah (Dear SD Nana) and Aoife (Dear SD Kira) who are the European sisters, Pearl and Yuki (both Dear SD Megu) who are the Japanese twins, and then we have Anne (Dear SD Tiffany) and Amethyst (Dear SD Vanessa) as the American sisters.

We're eying some off-topic dolls from other companies and I myself am looking at other companies (Iplehouse, Luts, Bambicrony) to possibly branch out into, but I feel it's going to be the same where we can't just buy one as there needs to be at least two possibly three.:chomp::sweat In regards to matching, I think the Luts dolls (Senior Delfs and Baby Delfs ) would probably match best with our current Volks dolls. And since we have Volks ICONs and one DD, I'm thinking possibly Smart Dolls might go well with them although I'm not sure.