1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls Resembling You?

Feb 1, 2011

1. Unidoll Ark. I don't go out much...

2. After finally starting to recover from 20 years of acne I have the kind of "facial texturing" I wouldn't wish on any doll ~ it's no one's ideal. However, I would say I fell in love with SoulDoll Chantal when she first appeared as she was what I would have considered my childhood idealised version of myself as how I would have liked to appear when I grew up.... the atypical ugly-duckling-swan dreams many a little girl has. However, reality is that ugly ducklings rarely grow into swans...just ugly ducks :P
      I think, if anything, much of what attracts me to certain sculpts, however, is the sense of familiarity I find in their features when compared with those of friends, family members, favourite characters and people I otherwise admire. If a doll was to remind me too much of myself then I believe it would more likely repulse & repel me rather than compel me to buy that particular sculpt.

3. Not yet, but if I happen to find one, I will put her... well... lemme see. On the tenth of to-buy list. Just for the sake of coolness.
      Btw, I really REALLY love this thread! I was looking for one >_<

4. I say Ark is rather hot!!!!

5. When they make fat dolls, there might be one. :P

6. My boyfriend says that I look like my doll, which is a Planetdoll Roseanne in tan. :3 So does his mom, my mom, and I guess I do too. I can see where they would think that. She's got a wider nose, big lips, and a similar face shape. She's also got the same skin color I do, and the same body-type!
      I think that's why David picked her.
      I honestly, really wanted a minimee doll BADLY, but I'm just so awkward looking, that I could never find one! I love having a miniature version of myself! I even have scraps of ALL of my costumes that my mom has made me over the years, so she and I are going to have matching outfits very soon! ^^
      EDIT: Planetdoll even sent me eyes that are really close to my eye color! (well, as close as I've ever seen from a company, my eye color is so...undefinable..)

7. I haven't found a mold that looked exactly like me.

Though, I have heard people say my current B-EL does look a bit like me -- I think it might be the short blonde hair though. Haha.
      But I think it would be cool to have a mini resin me, though at some points in time it would be weird. The only use I could see having a mini resin me would be checking to see what hair colour would look good on me (style, cut, colour, etc.). Haha

8. Everyone says my doll looks like me, but I think it's just because she has long red hair. It really bugged me for awhile, so to be funny I took a picture of her all gothed up and set it as my facebook pic....everyone freaked out because they thought it was me and there was this resin face staring at them. :P I've since changed her eyes from blue to the pink she was meant to be. My family and friends still say she looks like me...I don't really think she does. :P

So I guess my answer is that it would drive me nuts after awhile, even though I found it kind of cool at first.

9. I would love to find a doll that looked like me. I got an iplehouse Cocori that was the closest to me (our skin tone was almost identical) however our faces were totally different. I suppose if I had sent her for a custom faceup she could have looked more like me. However I just found her too big at 60cm I like Mini dolls and smaller so she was rehomed. I still think she was beautiful though.

I did start a sculpting class to make my own mini doll version of myself but found I lacked the talent to sculpt on that scale. I made quite a few weird and wonderful heads though but I guess I am not much of a BJD artist though I wish I was!

10. I've never seen a doll looked like me, but as I have long black hair and put a long black hair wig on my Bee-A, my boyfriend says that they looked like me *hahaha*

Also, I think that LTF Ante look a little bit like my daughter when she was younger, I've ordered one, decided to name her like my daugther and to giver her same hair color and same eyes color :p

11. My friends actually think that one of my wishlist dolls, AE Solstice, looks a lot like me. Go figure! :aheartbea

12. Looking at doll owners threads and my doll owning friends i can definately see that most buy dolls that have some similarities to them selves. Its not done on purpose its the perception of beauty by the person. Many think they are beautiful and that reflects on doll choices too. I'd say 90% of my friends look like the dolls they are buying.

13. I naturally look like an antique porcelain doll (probably a big reason why I hated dolls as a child - spirited children don't want to know that they look just like something!), so I'm kind of used to it. However, I think it would be cool to have a BJD that looked like me. I already sort of idealize them as models of grace and beauty. I think that having an idealized version of myself around would be a good inspiration!

14. Non-bjd people who saw my first doll always said she looked like me when I first got her, she had a long black wig, and I was dying my hair black. Now she's alternating from blonde to redhead so thats gone xD I really do want a MNM type doll one day, but dont know if I"ll ever get her.

15. I think that would be fascinating having a BJD of me. The first time I fell in love with a Dollfie was seeing a girl at a con with an SD twin of herself. I always thought that was really cool.

16. Some friends and family have told me that I look like my RS Ya, which I just take as a compliment :D
      I'd love a mini me, because i'm a narcissistic mofo and I love myself way too much ahahah ;)
      I kid, I kid.
      Sort of.

17. I found that Ixtee's Mui Chan actually looks like when I was almost 3.... so I got her XD and it's so funny seeing my younger self in a doll. It's a rather nice feeling, being able to see myself in another form:)

18. Even most of the more realistic BJDs have bigger eyes, smaller noses, and more stylized features than real humans, and that is what often contributes to their appeal. And as a fan of the mini size range, I am really fond of childlike, cartoony faces with big eyes and sweet expressions. If I imagine a scaled down version of me next to my dolls... I would probably look plain ugly in comparison to them.
      So no, I would not want a doll that looks like me.

19. Dear god no, not one like me - chunky girly-boy is not an appealing look.