1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls Resembling You?

Feb 1, 2011

1. according to my friends and family, all I have to do for a doll to look exactly like me is put a black wig on their heads lol. But I did find a doll a while ago that actually freaked me out a little. Elfdoll's Hazy looks almost exactly like me. the only differences are that I have freckles, darker eyes and slightly more prominent cheekbones. She even has the same haircut as me in the promo pics.

With that said, I don't think I'll ever get her because I don't want a doll that looks that much like me. I think it would be creepy :lol:

2. I don't think i'd want a doll looking like me XD It'd be awkward to walk in my room with a doll identicle to me sitting on a shelf/desk O.o

Thats just my opinion ^-^''

3. The last thing I would want to own is a doll that resembled me. I prefer to stick to pretty dolls instead. :p

4. Personally, I love the idea of having a doll that looks just like me! I'd buy one in a second!!!

5. My fiancee and my close friends told me that I somewhat look like Supia Doll Rosy b-but she's so pretty! ( O ___ O ) They also say that I also look like my own doll Eriadne. Her head sculpt is VOLKS MSD Mika. ^^ I might consider that I look like my own doll because we have the same hair and eyeglasses. XD Hehe! ^^;;

6. Because I am half black I probably wouldnt find a doll that looks exactly like me and with hair like mine.Though it would be interestiong to see a non thin doll I'm not fat or anything but I'm not doll thin.

7. I wouldn't want a doll that looks like me. I don't think I'm that pretty. @_@

8. That is exactly how I knew about and fell into this hobby, seeing a BJD which reminded of myself, specially with a couple of faceups she was showing. Many of my relatives and friends thought so as well. She was CP Luts Delf Soo Special and I saw it in the Korean version of Dollmore's website. Besides the curious fact I got my last BJD from that company, Soo became my first BJD, but even before she came I changed my mind about the character she would finally be, the one she is now and the one she will. No regrets about it. I am absolutely glad with the decision I took, but nowadays I cannot imagine I ever have a BJD version of myself, who knows if because of it.

9. I kind of think I look like a BJD... but I wouldn't actually want a doll version of myself because I'd abuse the heck out of it character-wise! Still, if there was a doll of me, it would fit perfectly with the type of aesthetic that I currently go for ;)

10. I look a little like Dollshe Saint, if I priss my mouth up as if I'm holding back annoyed words--I only noticed when I glanced at myself in the mirror and my mouth happened to be slightly pursed.

It's the eye shape and ratio to the nose & mouth; I don't much resemble a lanky guy myself. ;)

11. I do not look like my doll's but I start to think: Oh, this outfit looks like the one my doll has.. So you see it starts slowly!! Perhaps in a few years you see a little resembling?? I hope so, because they all look lovely..

12. I would love to have a mini-me doll, but I think I'd prefer it to be a 'chibi' or 'mini' version rather than a 1/3 or 1/4.
      >w< I'd love to dress her up in outfits that I couldn't get away with in reality or can't afford just yet, e.g. lolita clothes, random fantasy outfits, etc.

13. I'd be creeped out if I discovered a doll that had an uncanny resemblance to me.:sweat I haven't come across one that does though so thank goodness for that. I don't have any wish to own a doll that looks likes me. I don't have such a big ego to think I look particularly good looking and I can easily look in the mirror if i'm that desperate to get a look of my face. I want to own dolls that appeal to me looks wise not a mini replica doll with my face lol.:XD:

14. I would definitely not want a doll who looks like me. I'm not sure that anyone would want a doll who looks like me. XD My dolls' world is completely separate from mine, there's no need to stick myself in their fantasy lives.

15. If I found a doll that looks like me, I'd buy it. Take my money :P I've been wanting a doll that looks like me for some time. It'd be so cute!

16. I'm a bit older now, but if I found a doll that looked like me as a younger version, I'd freak out and want to buy it. As it is, I've seen dolls that look like people I know, but none that look l like me yet.