1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls' Sexuality and Owner's Sexuality: Are they related?

Feb 22, 2011

1. I'm not sure if it's linked. I have gay boys and gay girls characters, also bisexual and straight (minority). I have always been into the GLB scene even tho I was straight most my life (bi now that i'm not in a relationship), so I dunno. Maybe for some people it reflects their sexuality, for me it's not really something I would take into consideration.

2. I'm straight, I think...because I also consider myself as asexual since I don't like anyone in real life and has been like this since 10 years ago (and I'm just in my twenties, I think I'll never get marry). When it comes to attraction, I lean 100% towards men. Although, I love reading MxM novels and yaoi, none of my male dolls is gay, they are either straight or asexual, like myself. I would love to create my 2 favorite MxM characters into BJDs though, but that will take time (and a lot of money).

So, in a way, my dolls are a reflection of myself^^ they all have bits of my personality.

3. I'm straight ,but I have a 2 gay couples and I have 3 straight couple. I'm totally ok with my dolls not being the same sexuality as me

4. my doll's sexual orientation aren't really thought out. they're straight by default but if I was to complete their character, that could change.
      as for myself, I'm straight leaning on the grey-A. maybe that's why I don't really bother with my doll's sexuality :sweat

5. I'm a lesbian, but most of my dolls have decided they're straight. Then again, I've only got two boys, and they haven't met (one just arrived and isn't assembled), so it's hard to say for sure! I have three MSD girls that all photo best opposite boys, and my SD16 girl hasn't met any girls her size yet.

That said, the characters they're based on were all over the map! So I have no idea. The older I get, the more comfortable I've gotten with playing/having straight characters, though. Even if it's still a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure if my dolls reflect that at all.

6. I'm asexual so any relationship that happens with my dolls does not reflect myself. Nor am I bothered with it. I'm surrounded by friends of all sexuality. It is just kinda like that.

7. i'm bisexual, but i've been dating a guy very devotedly for years and i don't have a girlfriend in the equation (permission slip is filled out and signed, you can all get in line now! /seriousjoke) so maybe that is why i currently only have female dolls? the child-like ones are like "aww, they're cute" but the adult-like dolls i own are like "aww, she's kind of sexy". it's probably pretty transparent that i channel the other side of my sexuality somewhere else (my hobby).

that said, if i think of my dolls as characters, i don't think they would all be gay or bisexual or even very sexual at all. just like people, they would have variety and probably a strong identity regarding their sexuality... but yes, i would still consider at least some of them to share my preferences if they were to be anthropomorphized? (which they are to an extent)

8. I have always identified as asexual with slight female leanings. However, the dolls I will one day own have a story all their own. They're beloved OOCs and RPG characters that I can finally make into the flesh. My first boy, Raphaello is bi. Tsu is straight as an arrow and married, though I don't know if I'll get his wife...there isn't a sculpt that really speaks to me for her. Drake is gay.

9. I'm on the "No, I don't really think so" side of the fence on this topic. I agree with the related interest crossover theory presented earlier, as it does seem plausible. But, from reading the comments and my own IRL experience interacting with other doll collectors, the owner's sexual orientation has little to no bearing on the doll's perceived sexuality.

For perspective; I'm a straight female and my dolls generally do NOT have assigned sexualities. I have taken "couples" photos of my dolls for the cute factor, and have nothing against myself or others photographing my (grown-up) dolls as hetero-, homo- or bisexual couples. I'll head-swap to change the gender of some of my dolls, if I feel like it. I don't perceive my dolls to be anything more than dolls/objects, so it is easy for me to disconnect from any assumed personalities I have projected onto them.

My dolls each have an "image concept" instead of an established "character" so this may contribute?

10. I think this depends on the owner.

Me myself... I am a gay female and all my dolls are gay. But that's not because I wanted it like that, but because they got a click with characters that were male.

Maybe for others the doll sexuality and owner sexuality are related, but not for me. It's just coincidental.

11. I consider myself pansexual (meaning I don't care about the gender as long as I'm loved) I used to consider myself bi til I found what I really wanted was just a special someone. Now as this being related to dolls, they might be a small connection just because I find people who are bi/gay/ etc are more open to the option for their dolls. That doens't mean there aren't plenty of straight people with nonstraight dolls because it could just be based on what you want to express or think would be an interesting storyline.

To show this, just because i'm pansexual doesn't mean my dolls will be. My first girl is straight and my second girl will probably be Bi (that's the extent of the doll family right now lol) There's so many stories people want to express and so many options, the only coreelation I'd come down to is it depends on how open minded the owner is ^^

12. My personal preference has nothing to do with how I see my dolls sexuality at all. Specially since I base most of my dolls on characters from stories I write, so in most cases their preference come from that specific story. So I have straight, gay, a-sexual and too young to care :3

13. For me, yes. I am pansexual leaning towards gay. All my characters are pansexual, gay or bi. I write the same things I also I like to read and that I feel there isn't enough of out there.
      I have no straight main characters as they bore the living crap out of me.

14. In my case, no. I am bisexual. When it comes to my dolls I haven't even thought about their sexuality at all since they are all tinies and therefore children who have nothing to do with sexuality in my eyes.

15. I'm bisexual, my characters are ; Gay (mxm, fxf), straight, bisexual and asexual... It so depends on the story you have in mind for them...

16. I have definitely noticed a trend like this, however it doesn't relate to me. I am straight, and although my first boy is straight as well, my second one is pansexual, currently elated with another male. What I have to blame for this is yaoi. XD I enjoy BL a lot recently, and so I wanted a doll/character to represent that, is all.

17. I'm not really sure. I never had any romance in my life aside some small crushes but my girl is going to have a boyfriend for sure. Her little sister might get a boyfriend as well or be left single. But who knows. Right now I have only one girl so there's no-one for her now.:lol:

18. Well i'm an open lesbian and i do want some of my dolls to be gay but i do thing it just depends on who the owner is and how opened mined they are.

19. I think it just depends on the person, really. If your dolls aren't characters, they wouldn't even have a sexual preference at all. If they are characters, well then, shouldn't the doll reflect the character and not the creator (saying this assuming that the writers don't use their characters as an outlet for their own thoughts and whatnot).

20. Well my female dolls all have male companions either with them or planned for them, but if I'm honest I've never given it to much thought