1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls specifically for the office?

May 25, 2010

1. I've taken both my dolls to both my jobs since being a dolly hobbyist. The retail job I kept my girls in their case and showed them briefly to my coworkers, but that was it. I didn't want them slipping away.

At my current job, my tiny follows me more lately, as the work environment is formal-ish, but I have a lot of downtime and they don't care what I do with it as long as it's not loud, inappropriate, or disruptive, so my dolls have both come so I could make them clothes and things. My tiny comes a bit more often for company, but she's out of sight from most everyone, as I work alone for the most part. But I wouldn't leave them here overnight. Even though the door locks, we get people coming in at night for their uniforms and I don't know every single one of the 300+ people working here as trustworthy.

2. When I had my Puki, she would travel with me in my purse/bag. I used to work in a call center, so it was great to have here there when I had those difficult calls. I currently work in an office doing web work, and no longer have my puki, but I've brought some dolls in and nobody has even noticed. :) I don't think I would leave them there, though..

3. I think it's a bit risky taking something that looks, at first glance, cute and inexpensive - like a tiny doll - into an office. It's just asking for trouble; while someone might not pinch your wallet, they might pinch something cute that they think is easily replaceable.

Besides, even though I like the idea of a puki being lord of my rubber-band pile, king of all it surveys, I suspect it would make me look a bit childish in the eyes of my colleagues.

4. Hmmm having a purse-puki sounds popular. :) I think I will give it a shot whenever I get a small doll. For now my big ladies are stuck at home :(

5. I wouldn't be embarrassed to keep one at my desk, but I don't like leaving expensive things at work. It'd get broken, or swiped as a prank so unless I get into casting them I plan to keep mine at home.

6. If I did take one, I probably wouldn't leave it out on my desk - I'd be concerned about it being stolen, or coworkers/superiors thinking less of me. It's one thing for my friends to accept me the way I am, but work is something entirely different.

7. I agree with this. In grade-school and middle-school, it was always so sad to hear of things stolen or ruined that were on the teacher's desk; usually they weren't expensive items, but certainly had some sentimental value to the person.

8. I'd get a doll small enough that if I had to leave my desk I could just slip it into my pocket or carry it in my hand without being noticed, like a pukipuki >w<\ (I do plan to get one... soon as I can ^^; ) I don't work in the sort of environment that I really should keep my doll with me... I still do just to make sure she's safe but it's not a problem because she fits perfectly into my small hand bag ^w^ since she's still a tiny...

though if it's just for a 'pick me up' sort of thing you could always just keep a picture of your girls in or on your desk ^w^
      just until you can get a smaller doll ^w^

9. My Nari-pon pretty much lives on my work desk, along with a few other toys. I work in a somewhat formal atmosphere, but desktop tchotchkes are a non-issue--everyone, from the big boss to the minions, has something decidedly non-professional in their office (stuffed animals, bobbleheads, disturbing Anne Geddes figurines). I also have my own office (which I lock every night) and my doll is so tiny that she blends in with my vinyl toys. To be honest, I don't think anyone's ever even noticed her. I don't play with her, or let her impact my work--I just look over at her every so often and she makes me smile :)

A larger doll, on the other hand, would probably attract some attention, so I'd just as well leave that at home. Explaining the doll hobby to my co-workers is not something I'm particularly interested in doing.

10. As much as I would love to bring one of my dolls with me to work, I couldn't. Where I work is way to dirty. Of course each doll that I own has been at my work only once for a short amount of time during their first arrival. <3

11. Hmm I don't think I would bring my future doll to work, I currently work at my school and there is no set office or even really a desk for me I work mostly out of the student lounge and I have to walk around the school a lot to set certain things up or deliver some important papers so current job right now is a no. But I am not opposed to bringing a doll to work in the future when I have a more secure place to keep him/her though I will most likely be working in a photography studio so we will see how that goes.

12. This portion of your comment cracked me up! I had an instant mental image of that little doll on top of a pile of office supplies with a self-satisfied look on its little face!

13. I plan on getting a Puki Piki soon, and also plan to keep her in my purse where ever I go (safely tucked a inside hard-shell eyeglasses case, since it's an awesome idea!). However, keeping a doll at work is an absolute no-no. It's not that my co-workers or bosses would think less of me, it's entirely based on that I work in an industrial environment and spend all day driving a forklift. We also stock industrial equipment and chemicals, and it's very hot in the summer (if it's 90 outside, it's 95 in!). I'm not even allowed to start until I have my steel toe boots on.

To say it's not dolly friendly is putting it lightly, on all of those accounts. Also, a few members of the night shift swipe everything from stuff we use at work to family pictures off the trucks for the frames they are in. I've always had personal touches at my stations, but only with things I can easily part with or replace.

No matter how much I want to take pictures of my tinies treating my truck as a giant, yellow road roller.

14. I work in an office and I'm in the same position, I only have SD dolls (and they're nude at the moment too) but I was considering getting a puki pongpong to take to work with me. If I didn't have so many other dolls on my list right now I might go for it haha.

15. I've actually brought my dolls to work before. I talked to a bunch of my wonderful co-workers about the things I was doing (mods) and they wanted to see them. So I brought in my Neytiri mod from a BBB Lan, she was a hit! Granted I didn't leave her in the office, but I've thought about bringing my floating fairyland multi head cupid to hang out with my post its a while.

16. I think in something like a video game company it would be fine. Besides lots of 'geeks' have expensive toys, it's not just BJDs that fall into that category. I have friends that collect robots and vinyl figures and some of them cost just as much as my BJDs.

17. I work as a dog groomer, lots of hair and sprays/lotions/dog snot/medicines/bodily excretions/NAIL POLISH D;
      Oh the horror a poor little BJD could suffer!
      If I worked at an office, though, I would probably buy a pukipuki just to tote around with me :3 But I'd never leave it over night, it would just be like a purse puki. I wouldn't mind if my boss/coworkers thought 'less of me' because my hobbies are my business and as long as I get my work done it shouldn't bother them :3

18. I don't know. My work-space is quite friendly. I work at a Museum, and it's generally expected to have a few knick-knacks or so, but the doll hobby is a relatively private hobby for me, so I'd prefer not to put a doll of mine on display. Knowing they're safe and perfect at home always makes me smile - and gives me just a little something to look forward to after I leave work. :)

19. I have been fantasizing about a puki doing geotechnical surveys and such. CPT-truck in dark blue with the company logo, dark blue outfit with company logo, drilling gear, everything! That would look great on my desk while I'm working through a stack of CPT(Cone Penetration Test) graphs :)
      I know most developed countries apply the standard penetration test to investigate local soil strength but CPT is more suitable for soft soils like in The Netherlands.

20. i often take my pukipuki to work with me :) I'm a massage therapist and have to wear scrubs all day, so Kiki fits in my shirt pocket just fine. He makes no noticable bump and I'm careful to never spill oil on my shirt or to accidentally crush him. I enjoy bringing him to work because then if I'm stressed I can play with him when I'm alone. The other good thing is that I know he won't get stolen or lost because I can always tell that he's still there.