1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls specifically for the office?

May 25, 2010

1. I work in high schools, and as much as I love the kids you always hear of things being stolen from students and teachers. The last school I was at locked every single office, which were all in a single building behind another set of locked doors, because wallets and bags were walking from teacher's desks.

Unfortunately schools are high theft environments and as much as I love the idea of bringing the dollies with me to work, I wouldn't consider actually taking them because of the theft.

2. I got a Resinsoul Song and Leekeworld-D Chouette sitting on my desk at office. My colleagues respect each others belongings and so does the cleaner team. At the moment I share the room only with one, and he knows about the value of my dolls. I work in a company where it is ok to take personal items to the office (my art director has his room full of antique telephone, radio and typewriter... so I think it's ok to have my dolls here as well). But soon we'll all move to an open-plan office, I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with my dolls yet.

3. I have taken my dolls to work and will again.

I used to work at KB Toys, when I was collecting OT dolls and everybody brought toys to work to goof off on breaks. Then I worked at Spencers and often took my resin kids with me. I bought a LOT of jewelry and accessories there for the dolls, so often took them to try stuff on, but also because I was management and needed to destress. They'd sit on my desk in the stockroom/office. Usually, only two people worked at one time, maybe 3 or 4 on weekends and LP was so strict, we were required to do bag and pocket checks before leaving the store. There was no chance of anybody stealing an MSD unnoticed, but I also trusted everybody there. Most of them liked my dolls and would request that I bring in certain ones.

I currently work in an office and I've brought my RingDoll Valo with me. It's not an issue. It's a very laid back atmosphere for a small company. Only 4 people work here total--my bosses, who are a married couple and the office is in a building on their property, me and one other guy, who does field work. I have the office all to myself all day, it gets boring and lonely. The day I brought Hansel, was meeting a doll friend right after work and it was about 110 degrees outside, so I explained to my boss why I couldn't leave him in the car and hoped it would be okay for Hansel to hang out. His response? "What a good example, I wish all "parents" were that good to their "kids"." He was totally serious. Then went into this rant over ppl leaving real kids and pets in hot cars.....

4. I bring dolls to work with me all the time. It's just me and my manager here in the store, and sometimes our area manager pops in. He hates my dolls, which is hilarious... they scare him. LOL

But I've thought about getting a couple tinies and turning then into chibi versions of my favorite two 60cm boys and keeping them at the office at my station. :)

5. My Puki Pukisha fits into a clamshell eyeglass case, which is perfect for safe transport to and from work. I have a 6" Superman and Tick figure on my CPU, so another small figure blends right in. Our work area is so laid back (almost too laid back) that people keep bettas in teensy tanks on their desks! :o
      Poor little fishies. At least dolls don't have to be fed.

Suan in WI

6. Hmm. I work at an Auntie Annes, which would usually mean that I couldn't bring anything, since they're usually really small work areas. However, the store I work at is one of the larger ones (and, according to Black Friday ratings, the highest ranked ;D), so there's actually enough room in the back for a doll to chill out. I wouldn't have her sitting where people usually sit, on the dough bag piles and stuff where she could fall, but I'd set her on the shelves with stock or on the manager's desk while I was actually working. My job isn't a 24/7, though, and I've only just ordered my first doll today, so I won't be getting more for a while...well, I wouldn't leave her over night unless there was an incident where I forgot, because I'd hate to not be able to see her and play with her and sew when I was home until the next weekend I worked, which is my work schedule come school starting on wednesday.

7. For some reason, when I saw the title to this thread, I imagined a Joan Holloway (from Mad Men) doll sitting on my desk... she would probably turn a few heads, though. ;)

8. If I brought a doll with me, and put it in my cubicle or workspace, I would make sure that whenever I left my space, my doll came with me. Unless your office is small, where everyone knows everyone pretty well, I wouldn't leave my doll unattended, no matter how big or small they are.

I also would never see myself leaving my doll there, permanently, as a part of my cubicle.

9. I've occasionally thought about bringing my dolls to where I work (a state park), because there's lots of beautiful places to take pictures, but since I'm working with either kids or animals (or both), somehow bringing an expensive doll seems like a recipe for disaster. ^^;

Only the full time people have their own office, so I'd have to leave my dolls in the common prep area, which I feel is safe, but again, it's a common prep area used by all the part timers, and it's usually quite cluttered and busy.

10. I don't have a doll specifically meant to stay in the office, but I tend to bring one to work everyday. There are a few people in this office who know the 'creepy dolls' I have are not 'cheap'. But I can safely leave the doll unattended over the lunch hour on my desk. And once I left a doll on my desk overnight, but came back the next day to find him still in the wicker chair I keep on my desk. I am very fortunate in that way. :)

11. I wouldn't keep my doll at the office, but bring it home with me at the end of the day. I'm too afraid that someone might swipe it. You never know. New coworkers or the cleaner or the janitor or some random people visiting the place while you're away. But yeah, I've often thought about bringing one of my dolls to work for fun. Definitely one of the smaller ones. Which reminds me... I should get a tiny! The smallest doll I have right now is a MSD.

12. I keep a "I Can Be... Computer Engineer" Barbie on my desk (I'm a software engineer), but I wouldn't ever leave one of my BJDs at the office when I'm not there.

They do occasionally come to the office with me, usually either Bunny or Lola, because they fit in my purse. Sometimes I'll bring an SD in on Friday though.

13. I work from home these days and never really have any kind of mascot round my work area because it's always too cluttered with what I'm working on. When I worked in house last I was at a design studio that did stuff for big toy companies so my desk was often covered in vinyl dolls anyhow. I guess I am lucky that what i do for a living and what I do as hobbies are not to many miles apart but that makes it all the more important for me to diliniate between the two.

I think taking my dolls to work would never occur to me because they are a hobby and for me work and hobbies don't mix.

14. I have my own office so I can bring in all sorts of expensive equipment or gadgets and leave them on my desk. Granted it is quite easy for anyone to slip into any of these offices and take something. However we work in a small building, everyone knows everyone (pretty much), and I have never heard of any theft. Plus I don't think there are any BJD fans here besides myself and my friend. I have brought my ResinSoul doggie to work several times now. She sits on a shelf above my desk, surrounded by plants so you don't see her right away. I like having her here sometimes.

15. I was thinking of taking Karma to the office on fridays. I just do not know what the co workers would think about this. They were pretty wowed when Karma came in the post. It may be a little too much for my co workers to handle.