1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls stands?

Oct 18, 2019

1. Omg that’s so cool!!!

2. Let's talk doll stands! I have dolls ranging from SD (the 60cm variety) to tinies, so I am open to the sharing of ideas for many different types of dolls.

3. I've got a plan for large homemade dollstands using dowels, snaps, and small ceiling rings for the base. If they work well, I'll post a share about it. I've got a couple characters who can leap and dance, so regular stands won't work.

4. Oh, I'd like to see that! One of my next characters is going to be a ballerina shelled in an SD doll.

5. I'm also looking for a good doll stand for my dolls, mainly for my two SD sized ones. I think I'd prefer those stands where the doll sits on it like on a saddle. But those stands seem to be quite rare.
      I'm gonna watch this thread, hoping for suggestions. =)

6. So far I have tried the super-basic metal ones ones (like the kind you can sometimes find at craft stores), but I really like the slightly pricier ones with the bendy arms and grippy hand and plastic bases. :) Those are great for my Minifees, they seem nice and sturdy, and no one has fallen over yet.

7. Are the saddle stands good for 'extreme' poses? I want to take pictures of them dancing and jumping at different angles. I'd assume they might fall off the stand with those poses though.

I've also heard the clip stands tend to make the clothing look a bit messy. I'm assuming there's pros and cons for both types.

8. ok Airimir, you can't tease us with a statement like that and not say who made them LOL

my favorite stand ( so far) is this one Dynamic Doll Stand for 1/3 1/4 BJD Ball Jointed Doll or 18'' to 24'' Fashion | eBay, BUT the saddle that came on mine has the head of a bird in the front and makes my girls look, well, Male....I keep thinking I will take my dremel to them and take off that weird beak thingy, just haven't done it yet.

I have several of the cheap waist grabber ones, but I am not a fan because it takes away from the way the clothing sits

Robyn_in_Wa has a stand she uses with her Minifees that I would love to try out, but they are no longer available :(
      Yells..ROBYN, LOOK, grabs the stands and runs....Kidding :P Kind of

9. OOh this is a good question. Those bendy ones look neat!! I gotta try those. I feel like which stand depends on which doll, and what they're wearing. I like how saddle stands vanish under a gown or skirt, but only some of my dolls wear long clothes like that. Some of them can only ever use one stand due to their huge size. I have a dedicated stand just for the biggest/tallest guys.

10. Thank You!

11. My two favorite stands for the minifee - both customized for the minifee:
      [​IMG]
      the ‘adjustable’ one was an “Evangeline” stand often available on ebay for about $60.+ship
      and then has to be customized for the minifee. works perfectly for the FID or RD dolls too.

and my favorites for the big gals - often available on ebay:
      ITEM VIEW : Tools - Doll Stand - Saddle Type
      or this Volks stand:
      Home :: Dollfie® Accessories :: Dollfie® Goods :: View All Goods :: SD Wooden Doll Stand C-Type - Saddle Stand Type

and for the big dudes - I much prefer a waist grabbing stand for the guys:
      Amazon.com

Sorry @Kimmera ….

#73 Robyn_in_WA, Oct 29, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    12. I've only tried two different kinds of stands, but the one I like best is the Ringdoll saddle stand. They're very sturdy and have a heavy base. The other stand I tried was a waist grabbing stand, but it felt flimsy to me, and I also had a problem in that all of my guys wear loose flowing robes. So the saddle stand works great for me!

13. Where do you get yours? I am not sure which ones you mean. do you have a picture?

Never mind = lol - I need to read these posts in order:lol:

#75 Dollquest, Oct 29, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    14. I had no idea there were bending action stands for BJDs! I use a smaller version of the same thing with my 1/6 action dolls all the time because of their flexibility while still remaining sturdy, especially since most these days are on heavier, seamless silicone bodies with steel skeletons from Phicen/TBLeague and the like. Totally need to get one of these for when I'm dressing and doing hair on my 1/3 resin girls.

15. Ooo can anyone recommend me a good, sturdy stand that I can use on 75cm dolls? Maybe one that is adjustable

16. Does there exist doll stands meant to support the doll from the bottom on the butt/crotch piece rather than having a grabby part for the torso/back? I have a doll who is bottom heavy, and I don't think holding her by the back is gonna do it.

Thank u!!

17. Yes; they're generally called saddle stands. For a quick example, Volks has them in multiple sizes. Searching for "doll saddle stand" in general will get you a lot of results, though.

18. Thank you so much!!