1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls that make you feel a bit unconfortable? O.o

Sep 26, 2016

1. This happened to me after watching the movie Doll Master. I feel as if one of my dolls was staring at me, especially at night. It doesn't help the fact that that doll's character is a psychopathic serial killer. One time, I had to turn-on the lights just to make sure my doll's head didn't turn in my direction or something. But after awhile, I wasn't bothered by it anymore. I sometimes even berate myself at how silly I was.

2. There are definitely sculpts I wouldn't want facing my sleeping space! Doll Chateau does some gorgeous work, but many of them would have to sit very far away from my bed. (Though, the more I look at her, the more I find myself drawn to Xaviera, the spider doll!)

3. Well this is a night mare of a thread. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I myself can't handle dolls with a 'smiling' face. Something about exposed teeth and squinting eyes can't make me settled to go to sleep at night

4. I always feel like one of my dolls is watching me. It's not necessarily in a creepy way though, even though it sounds really creepy. It's more of a comforting feeling, actually. Like having someone watch over you. Really strange.
      I hope you figure out why she's giving you all the creepy vibes!

5. All interesting stories... in any case we don't have to let the 'fear' overcome us. Even to feel fear is an ordinary action of dèmons for example. Even if one doll is ok, the entities that may be around still can 'play' with our feelings and fears, not giving peace in mind right through an specific object. San Pio of Petralcina clearly says that dèmons are always present in every day of our life. Even if we dont see them. But ordinarily they dont like to be 'manifest' like this or take possession of dolls so easily. Its a rare thing and it have more evident signs And ordinarily I think that for a doll to be 'possessed' must have a intentional explicit direct intervention from someone who cast a spell on the object itself. Demons I think dont enter in a doll by themself. (unless who sculpt dolls put as intention this inside the doll). Not my case I guess! xD That scary stories happens in real and serious diabolic possessions, luckly, are rare. (spells on dolls are less rare so we always need to know the origin of a doll or especially if is an antique doll)

In my case and my discomfort feelings are more probable caused by the 'suggestions' that these same spirits do over us to make feel fears. So its still all ok/normal. This happens in all our life to have fears. The best thing is that if something give us unrest feelings,just close the doll in the box at night or sell it if cause unrest feelings.
      Surely we have to not let the feelings of fear take advance over us.
      And I'm finding out that what keep me that 'creepy' feeling is not only the white skin with shades in the eyes, but also the smiling. I think I dont want anymore dolls that smile in that expression.. I think is a combination of many things..
      In anycase, this night I wanted test more my nerves xD and I decided to put the doll exactly next my pillow and in my direction of face! Well... I was tired and I fall asleep very fastly... but I distract myself by watching the mobile and surfing on internet for a little while... but I always avoid to watch her ... like I was scary to watch her ... I woke up suddently around the 4.45 am and then I wanted look at her with my mobile screen light turn on.. well I cant say it was confortable to see her face next to my pillow but all was ok xD I m still alive this morning but apart this.. still I feel like I will keep her in the box so that I can have more peaceful nights without let any eventually external entity to play with my feelings!

Edit: I post here the second photo that seems many didnt notice the little link in the previous page. This is the the doll Im talking about it:
      [​IMG]

#25 soulcalibur33, Sep 27, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    6. I find dolls with very strong 'emotional' expressions can weird me out-- for example big smiles, crying faces, ect. Dolls with more gentle/neutral expressions don't do that to me so much. Also playing with the eyes can help, if they're not lined up well it can make the whole doll look unsettling to me. I've never liked baby dolls with the sort of eyes that open when you sit them upright either. You could try pointing her eyes so she's glancing to one side and not staring 'at' whatever is in front of her.

Some people do think dolls and other objects that can represent people are easily possessed. Occasionally I've worried a little bit about this, but what I do is I give all my dolls their own 'personality'. If I give them a personality and 'character' I feel like I'm perhaps filling them with an energy that I choose, and that there will be no room for anything bad to come in and take up space in the doll, because it's already 'occupied', if that makes sense.

If you think something supernatural is playing with or taking residence in your doll, you could have it blessed like you mentioned before, but here are some other ideas you could do yourself:

Take your doll apart and clean her gently with water. Imagine that if there's anything living in her or attached to her you're taking apart where they live and they can't live there anymore. While you clean her with some water and a cloth think about washing away anything negative or bad, and instead imagine good things going into her. It's like if you cleaned out a drawer you hadn't used in a while-- maybe there's a few bugs in it, but you're making it so they can't live there anymore. You might want to think of a good spirit like an angel or something coming into your doll to protect you and keep you safe.

Another method for 'cleaning' things of bad energy that I like to use is moonlight. On some night when the moon is bright, especially on a full moon take your doll outside and put her where the moon can shine on her. Think to yourself about how the moonlight washes over her. Moonlight is good and pure and anything evil or bad in her and around her gets washed away by it, like how water washes dirt away. Sit and think about this for a while until you feel your doll is 'clean' and then bring her back inside.

Salt is also popular for cleansing bad energy. You might go get a small box she fits into and a big container of salt. It'd put the doll in a plastic ziplock bag to keep any salt from damaging her, then put a little salt into your box, set the doll inside, and then cover the rest of the doll up with salt until she's buried. Put a lid on the box and leave it somewhere for a few nights. The salt sucks away any bad energy from what you put into it. After a few days you can take her out and throw away the box and salt.

These are all techniques I've learned for keeping my Tarot cards and crystals 'clean' as they can pick up 'bad energy' which especially with cards can effect the readings you are able to get. They work really well to keep objects in a good 'energy' state and should work well with a doll too. If you like, because you seem religious, you may also make a prayer when you do any of these things, to ask for your doll to be kept safe from any negative spirits or energy. Remember she is your doll, you may say to anything bad 'this is not yours, you cannot have it and you are not welcome here'.

Sorry to get a little rambly, your concerns seem a lot more than just 'what dolls creep you out' so I thought I'd offer some advice.

7. Now I know which doll you mean in your attached photo, I think it's the slightly narrowed eyes rather than the smiling mouth, like she's laughing a little, haha. You could try giving her/getting her a faceup that makes the eyes more oval (see how the undereye is straight rather than curved) or getting a mod to open the eyes up. And maybe she just needs a new image, a red/blonde curly wig pops into my mind. I hope you manage to find a solution; I think she has potential to be a non-creepy cutie.;D

8. Everyone's said a lot of great things, and given you good advice. But just for some additional reassurance I'd like to point out that the story you linked to is fiction. That particular subreddit is for horror writers and horror fans. It's meant to be scary. But there's a 99% chance that story isn't true in the slightest so it's one less thing to add to your unease.

9. Wow. That is fascinating. I wonder what was up with that MNF?? Ha. Do you still have weird feelings toward MNFs?

I've never had an experience like this whole thread with dolls. I mean, I've had a moment of - whoa! - when I've caught them out of the corner of my eye, looking at me, but I kind of enjoy that feeling for some reason.

Thats so interesting! I don't expect feelings like that coming from "veteran" doll owners. Haha, I know what you mean though about the Blank Stare Syndrome. :whee:

10. Weirdly no. I even rebought each sculpt again - though I've since done different things with them - and all is well with the world, so it was just that one doll. I have two full and two hybrid and two floating head MNFs now. It was literally one of the strangest things I've ever had happen in the hobby (though I will swear on my grave that I caught one of my dolls actually moving...but that belongs in another thread XD)

11. What can I say? I'm a unique, special snowflake ;). It really depends on the doll sculpt, though. Bigger eyes, with the upper eye-lid sculpted in such a way that it's easy to 'look under' it at a certain angle, make it look like the iris is placed square in the middle of the eye. I don't have that same issue with smaller eyes. But since my personal collection only consists of old-school dolls, and they usually have eyes you could place a football in, these dolls are doomed to live a life of semi-consciousness (aka, dreaming eyes).