1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with Animal Components?

Nov 19, 2009

1. Magnets. :) Very strong magnets, one in the horn, one gets taped to the doll's head under the wig. There are some dolls that have magnets inside of their heads already, but I believe most just use tape.

As for the doll you're buying (I'm guessing that it's a Spirit Doll boy), no, this isn't really a common thing, although not unheard of. You can ask to get a 'normal' one that's permanently attached, just send them a message when you buy him.

2. Awesome, Awesome. That's good to know, So I don't have to buy a really 'spensive custom body to have bad ass horns.

He's actually a DragonDoll (Emperor Huang) I won't ask for anythin that might make it more expensive haha, it don't mind it'll just be awkward at some point for me Lol, I'll get used to it! thanks.

3. Along that same topic, I have a question about horns as well. How do you deal with the wig? In other words, do you put the wig on first and let the magnet keep the horns on top of it, or do you have to shape the wig around them?

Sorry for being a nooblet!

4. I've seen people put the horn on and shape the hair around, but I'm sure the magnet will hold through the hair as well

5. hmm , i actually have a question too o:
      I have horns for my dear doll, but i've seen some nifty cyber/techno/electronic earparts or horns and i can't figure out where they came from... o:
      any ideas or know how?
      thank you c:

6. Ah, thanks so much! I'm still new to all this, so I appreciate how helpful everyone is :)

7. @Anamink No problem!

@Retrobox.. Hmm, I really don't know, though I'll keep an eye out for them and PM you if I find something.

8. 3? XD What.. what are the differences between them? XDDDD

9. I'm pretty sure a lot of the horns I've seen involve putting a magnet inside the headcap (with tape or glue), not just under the wig. It would have to be a pretty strong magnet to go through cap + wig, but I'm fairly sure that's the arrangement I've seen in most cases.

10. Oh Ok! Thank you muchly

11. It depends on the magnet you get and what doll you choose to use it with. Resin thickness will effect if the magnet can be put inside the head or needs to be outside of it.

As for having to deal with the wig, the only dolls I know of that you have to cut a hole in the wigor anything to put on cat ears or horns and the like would be Unoa's because they have the lil slot in their heads for that. Anything that works with a magnet you just have to style around that.

12. @SkunkMight
      Ahh, okay thanks @.@ i found some discontinued ones...but i guess i'll just make them myself if i can't find any XD

as for magnets~
      Well i use rare earth magnets myself and those things are rly strong and hurt like poop when they pinch your finger together XD I also find them impossible to take apart after they're stuck together @.@
      those darn magnets~
      Some people actually drill a hole into their dolls and stick the magnet inside of it, if you like grumb-work XD