1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with teeth

Feb 25, 2018

1. My grail doll has teeth. Ha from Pygmalion. Dolls. I think it's part of what I like about his sculpt. They aren't overly obvious. He looks like he is just barely opening his mouth, getting ready to say something.

I wouldn't want teeth for all my dolls, but I do think Fairyland Celine looks cute with her little open smile and teeth just barely showing. I have 2 Minifees and will probably get a couple more eventually, and I'm sure one of them will be a Celine. So cute.

2. Aiden from 5Stardoll has teeth showing and he's so adorable. I don't care if a doll has teeth showing or not as l;ong as the sculpt looks good.

3. I've grown to like teeth. I was really put off by GEM of Doll Hallea at first because of the teeth at first, but something just kinda clicked and now I'm super charmed to how much teeth can enhance the doll's expressiveness. Definitely the selling point to Hallea for me now.

4. When I was just starting out I didn't care for them, but I really like them now! I like really subtle teeth like on Atelier Momoni, where you can just see them when her face is tilted upward, but I also love dolls with kind of scary teeth, like Doll Zone Carter. He looks like he'd bite if you annoyed him.

5. Carter was actually one of the dolls I had in mind while making this thread, lol

He's really growing on me for that very reason- his whole expression is really sort of abnormal, and the teeth make him look almost like he's in pain. I just feel like it adds an extra layer of depth to what could have been a pretty generic sculpt.

6. Overall not big on teeth, though one of my favorites is Dollshe Amanda who has teeth showing.

7. To be honest, I really like Carter's expression. He's really specific, unique and... cute in some way.

But I think that the head above has got scary teeth. They look like nails in mouth.

8. I like Blythes with carved teeth n my special love are Popovy Sisters dolls with teeth :love

9. I have a few dolls who show teeth. I have Doll Chateau Alma, Medusa, and Irma. Also have Dollzone Carter arriving sometime this year. I think it's super cute and just adds a bit of character to the sculpt

10. Honestly depends on the doll. Usually I'm not keen on open mouthed dolls either but I ADORE dolls like Puki PongPong or the Soso sculpt with the tiny teeth showing.

And one of my dream dolls is Angel of Dream Chi with his vampire fangs (Woosoo Vampire from Fairyland and Pukifee Tika with his tiny little fangs are just adorable) so it depends on the doll. I also recall a Doll Leaves Doll who had a nutcracker motif going and had exposed teeth - that was just cool.

If I don't like the rest of the sculpt, the mouth isn't going to be the deciding factor. It's always the way the eyes look or the way the nose is sculpted or even the chin. The mouth is the last thing I look at.

11. I love dolls with teeth! I've had a heavy preference for open mouths and teeth ever since seeing my grail - Volks Michele - for the first time way back in 2009. I'm 110% more likely to buy an open-mouth-teeth sculpt than a closed-mouth one, and I have several dolls I've modded to have teeth.

12. Subtle teeth are one of my favorite things ever. I'm not sure a fan of big toothy smiles, but they don't really particularly bother me either.

SupiaDoll Ji-in is one doll with visible teeth that I absolutely love. She's gorgeous.

13. DeMuse Doll have subtle teeth that look really nice:

14. If they are done right yes. Need someone good with face up sometimes to paint into the mouth. Mine has lips slightly parted and you can see a few teeth and I live it!

15. I love teeth almost as much as I do pointy ears! :3nodding: Dollmore Trinity Elysia has got a gorgeous mouth, part of what drew me to her sculpt. I also really like Fairyland's sculpts for their delicate teeth. F65 Sylvia vampire has an open mouth and separate mouthplate. Her vampire teeth are so delicate!

And I recently figured out that Fairyland's F65 Roke also has teeth, but they're so subtle you can hardly tell unless you get him at just the right angle. Makes me love his sculpt even more! :love

[​IMG]Ryujinn & Lilyanna by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

16. The main reason I ordered Dollzone Carter was for his teeth.

17. I really enjoy dolls with teeth! I’ve always loved the more realistic sculpts and I feel the teeth give that extra realism.

18. I love dolls with teeth and agree with you! I only have one doll at the moment but would adore to get a doll with vampire teeth, they make me weak!

19. i own one with teeth and it’s so adorable. i love dolls with visible teeth