1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with teeth

Feb 25, 2018

1. VAMPIRE TEETH i want a boy with vampire teeth!!!

2. I used to find them a bit creepy and 'too real' for dolls in general. And I never looked for realism in my dolls in the first place. But these days I tend to request makeup artists to make teeth in dolls that don't normally have them sculpted in. Hahah, it all changes so much with time...

3. For a long time I refused to get a doll with teeth (human teeth not vamp fangs). I also avoided open mouths. Now? I have 2 dolls with slightly open mouths and 2 dolls with RAWR! teeth (they have vamp fangs, Soom ID51 Gluino romantic head & Iple FID Claude vamp). I also have dolls with visible fangs.

For the dolls with the RAWR! teeth, I asked the face-up artist to minimize the RAWR!ness of the Soom boy as much as possible. I'd have gone for the closed-mouth version head but the eyes were too open and the set of the mouth was wrong for the character. I'm hopeful the Iple boy's teeth won't be too in-your-face (he's on his way to me). Usually the combo of open mouth and RAWR! teeth would've turned me right off these two sculpts but everything else about them is perfect for their characters.

The slightly open-mouth sculpts (Lume Light Blaze & SD Ize) bug me a little with their open mouth but the rest of the face is perfect for the character so I deal. I did ask the face-up artist to minimize the openness of the mouth on one of them. The other came to me with a nice face up so has remained as he is.

4. I like dolls with teeth, gives them a realistic look and also they look cute with teeth.

5. Carol is Napi was popular, there are many dolls with teeth in Asian companies

6. I dontbusualky Luke teeth but I have seen some that you could barely see, and they looked nice.

7. I love dolls with teeth, maybe not so much like without them, but still! I've seen Volks Michele with teeth and it was so AWESOME. Really fits him.

8. I prefer dolls without teeth, but have couple with teeth since they add to the facial sculpt of both dolls. I also have one with vampire fangs. There are two dolls on my wishlist that have open mouths with teeth showing that have expressive faces. Though sometimes teeth in dolls really weirds me out. I guess teeth have to be done a certain way for me to like a sculp with them.

9. Visible teeth can add a lot to doll expressions for me, I adore IOS infernale and Dollshe Amanda for this reason!
      DollChateau Alma also has some pretty cute buckteeth!

10. Visible teeth are gorgeous! I definitely agree that it has to be done right though. No offense to anyone who's done it but some faceup I've seen on dolls with visible teeth have been horrible... Definitely a bit of a niche in my opinion.

11. I only have one on-topic doll with teeth, but what teeth they are! Alistair's factory-given character was supposed to be a vampire (I've since changed it to werewolf) and his teeth are thus small and sharp. They're also impeccably molded and painted. So I think teeth have their place in the doll world; they can make an otherwise monotonous doll look edgy or ecstatic or innocent or otherworldly in Alistair's case.

12. Depends. If the lips are slightly parted or if there’s fangs, I think that’s fine. However, I’m not a big fan of toothy grins. It’s a personal preference, but it’s simply unnerving for me to see a doll frozen in such an expression—probably has to do with uncanny valley. Of course, I’ve also seen exceptions to this! Some people do absolutely stunning faceups.

13. I really like the way the Celine sculpt looks with her 2 front teeth, its cute. I just bought a Narae 406, she hasn't come in yet, but has the removable teeth I guess. I think they are cute.

14. I'm a sucker for dolls with teeth. :XD: I really love sculpts with parted lips/mouths, too.

15. I was so close to deciding on a Minifee Celine for my first doll, which has the two teeth. I wasn’t crazy about the teeth but didn’t mind them, but since it’s my first doll, in the end I decided to skip it. I was worried I’d get annoyed with them eventually. Maybe in the future I will get a Celine.

16. Some dolls that have teeth don't suit my personal tastes, but others make me instantly fall in love. I feel like it depends on the sculpt for me.

17. Dolls with teeth are adorable IMO. I think it adds a lot of personality and uniqueness to the doll. :)

18. I actually really like teeth! I agree that it can give a doll a more "alive" look and it's just really cute. I love dolls with molded in expressions (less versatile I know but oh so charming) and teeth are often a part of that

19. I'm not a huge fan of dolls with teeth showing, I'll be honest. I do have one, though, an IMPL Alberta. Her mouth is open enough to show her teeth from certain angles, but it's also possible to photograph her without her teeth showing, which I like.

20. i love the teeth. it may be that im bias because i have a small gap too be i just ADORE them