1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with teeth

Feb 25, 2018

1. Thank you! :) I just fell in love with him through the company photos and his smile makes me genuinely happy.

2. I thought I was briefly crazy for trying to find a face mask (like raver style) for my doll's face to hide her mouth at times for a different look when I wanted it. :XD: I think it's more so mouth breather than non-natural though, lol!

3. Oh, that's a great idea! I may consider doing that!! O:
      You're probably right, now that I think about it ahahaha

4. I looooooove the one's were they are smiling and you can see just a bit of teeth! I just think they're so gorgeous!

5. Teeth are super cute! I think they introduce a lot of personality into some sculpts. Like anything else though I think it depends on how they're done. I personally really like SWITCH's dolls with teeth.

6. I love dolls with just a few visible teeth, like Minifee Lucywen, rather than dolls with a full grin where you can see a ton of teeth. Seeing the front teeth is super cute, but seeing a doll with a lot of teeth showing sort of hits the uncanny valley for me.

7. It really depends on the sculpt and what the teeth look like. I own four dolls that have visible teeth, and they are just the cutest things ever. However there are some sculpts out there with teeth that just don’t look right :/

8. Teeth obsessed :D I have several dolls with teeth/open mouths n I think they are so cute. I do think teeth are somewhat difficult to make work on a doll sculpt though, so quite a few sculpts out there with teeth look strange/creepy. But the sculpts that do it right are the cutest :thumbup

9. on some dolls like switch seolrok their teeth can bd removed like eyes, it is very cute! and face up would be alot easier to do too

10. I dont think that teeth matters by themselves. It's part of sculpt, which can be good or not.

11. I don't like dolls with teeth that are not removable. I just hate painting in such a tight spot and I don't like it when the teeth sit kind of on top of the lips like a lot of vampire dolls do.

I got K-doll Kasiel recently. I love his devious smile and his removable vampire teeth.

12. Teeth are my soft spot. I just love them. Most the dolls I like to get show teeth. I think that only one of them have a closed mouth.

13. I absolutely love teeth on my ball-jointed dolls. I squeed for hours when I found out some of my dolls actually had teeth. They were only visible at a certain angle.

I'm still on the fence about fantasy teeth such as fangs and such. Maybe I should try to add some and see how long they last on one of my own dolls.

14. I love the look of the teeth and the expressions, but I feel like I would have a hard time doing the face-up myself and making them look good.

15. I like subtly open mouths, like Soom Dia for example has a little bit of teeth showing. Vampire fangs can be pretty cool too. :>

16. It sorta depends. I think painted-on fangs or sculpted fangs on closed mouth dolls almost always look adorable, but when it comes to open mouthed dolls with sculpted, human teeth, I think it can look cute on some dolls, but I think it's one of those things that easily gives me uncanny valley feelings if it's done even slightly wrong. I think it looks better on dolls that are slightly in the cartoon-y proportion area, the ones that I tend to dislike that have teeth are usually the more realistic dolls.

17. I'm big on hidden teeth. My Gem of Doll Rae has sculpted teeth hidden but oddly enough the company faceup doesn't paint them, it just makes the space between the lips black which is such a waste. Luckily when I had her repainted by Red Iris Atelier she saw the little tooths and got them painted. I love little hidden teeth that you can only see at just the right angle. It's one of my favorite features on dolls. I most recently fell in love with a second hand SOOM Nor because he has this feature and had to impulse buy him. It's not featured in enough dolls if you ask me.

18. I enjoy the look of some doll faces with teeth, but it really has to 'fit' the character. Like, if it's made to be an unsettling sculpt? Yes please! If it's meant to be cartoon ish or otherwise too cutesy, I feel sometimes that the teeth are more off-putting than anything else, especially if they aren't done right.

19. I think dolls with teeth are super cool! A popular example is obviously Napi Carol, I mean come on, everyone loves her! <3

Also I love vampire teeth, there's a Maskcat girl with vampire teeth I think, if anyone could tell me her name it'll be much appreciated! (Loongsoul Auguste also came into mind, but he was a limited edition that's apparently really hard to get now:()

An extreme example would be IOS Infernale - I like his aesthetic, but there's no way I'll get him. Too difficult to coordinate, do photoshoots with, and just kinda scary to look at ^ ^;;; (I guess it can be a bit much haha!)

20. I like dolls with certain teeth. I like Unoa Lusis teeth, they are not super noticeable and they are optional because she has a tooth plate. I also like vampire teeth such as Fairyland Minifee Woosoo. They little but so dramatic such as Hwayu's.