1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with teeth

Feb 25, 2018

1. I love dolls with open sightly open mouths and or fangs, I think it adds personality but I can see why some people don't enjoy it depending on how the doll was sculpted

2. I'm kind of on the fence. I like the look of dolls with sculpted teeth, painted not so much. After picking up a Ringdoll Don I don't like painted teeth as much as I thought I did, especially close up. Not sure I'd go for another doll with a mouth like that unless I'm really swept of my feet by it, but it doesn't bug me if I don't think about it too much. The only "teeth" I don't like at all are the fangs that are modeled over top the lips like they're embedded in them.

3. dont like teeth....

4. It really depends on the doll and how the teeth are done. If they’re subtle and look natural, I sometimes like them.

But if they’re too big, have gaps that are way too big for the scale, have a huge cheesy grin or have a ‘fish mouth’ look, it’s not my thing most of the time. I normally don’t like vampire teeth either—I feel that fangs should still be in line with the rest of the teeth. I’ve worn vampire fangs before and they don’t rest outside my mouth on my lip when my mouth is closed, so all of the closed mouth fang sculpts look wrong to me. It isn’t natural looking. (Though I love ResinSoul Lu with her partially open mouth fangy grin!)

So I guess in short, I like some teeth but I’m super picky about how they’d look in a human.

5. I only have one with teeth, but I like how they look. I think they add a lot of personality, and I'd gladly get another doll with them.

6. I love them haha! I'd like to get one one day.

7. Dolls with teeth make me feel super uncomfortable;
      I’m not scared of dolls and I have never been, but for some reason dolls with teeth just give me an “icky” feeling.
      If they have just fangs sticking out, then I can stand it, and don’t get me wrong I have seen one doll who looked nice with teeth, but that was super rare.

#127 Haides, Jul 2, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    8. I have 3 that are showing teeth (other than a couple with vampy fangs, to which I'd imagine this isn't about)

1 is a Nobilitydoll Scon; but he's an animal doll, so I don't think that's really quite what the OP meant.

1 is a Faewoodsdoll Radiata, an with her, it's actually tusks, so I'm not sure if that would quite qualify either.

Buuut, my Dollmore Judith doll Amaranth Zinna shows her teeth, and she's a georgeous doll. She isn't making a big show of them though (a naturally looking amount of open, without being a toothy grin).

I HAVE seen some that are slightly off-putting with the teeth though, so I can see where some would be uncomfortable with them.

9. I didn’t think I’d like them but I do like subtle, cute smiles like Jet here
      [​IMG]

10. I didn't think I'd like dolls with teeth or open mouths that much but I've noticed I've recently specifically fallen for a lot of anime or heavily stylized dolls with open mouths that have separate teeth pieces! Like Aimerai's Ryou or Myou doll's Miya or Xagadoll's Ximigo and Ximilu or Dollzone's sunflower. I think it's 'cause I find open mouths and teeth really fun for expressions, but painting it sounds kind of like a pain :sweat so these separate teeth/mouth pieces are super fun since it's easier to paint and it looks so easy to mod and customize!

11. I love dolls with a little bit of tooth showing. It really emphasizes the look of pouty lips and gives off a relaxed, sweet expression. Like Village Doll's Lola sculpt (which I recently bought and am waiting for).

I'm not too big on dolls with a LOT of teeth showing though, like the Dollits Miso sculpt, lol.